Pelini with LSU for a bowl game?

For what it's worth ESPN (I know there have been very reliable this week) believe LSU will be in the National Championship.

I don't see that. There are 4 teams ranked ahead of them even after tonight.

LSU has the best shot to get into the MNC. Georgia and Kansas both did not play in their respective Conf Championship Game and after the debacle with Nebraska in 01, voters won't allow it to happen again. LSU also beat VaTech by 41pts so obviously LSU wins the head-to-head match. I will not be surprised if the MNC is an Ohio St vs LSU matchup. Or, it's quite possible OU makes a big move up the rankings after beating Mizzou.

Actually, They let an Oklahoma team play for the NC after they loss the Big 12 championship game against Kansas state. There is no rule you have to play for your conference champonship.

Hawaii has the biggest complaint since they are 12-0.

And they also let NU play for it when they didnt even make it but thats not the point..

Never said there are "rules" to get into the NC game but pollsters will vote LSU ahead of GA and Kansas. If you saw Missouri got smoked by OU. Kansas would have been worse. GA isnt that good and have had an easy schedule. VT got ridden over by LSU earlier in the season. All of these things will be taken into account when the pollsters vote.

Oh and Hawaii doesnt have room to say anything. They are 12-0 Yes but they also are ranked 119th in the nation in SOS. if they played ina tougher conference they would probably lose 3 games. Brennan is a solid QB but their conference in absolutely horrid.

All your points are invalid for the following reasons:

1. early losses don't matter as much as late season ones. Everyone knows that how you played in september doesn't mean you play the same in october or november. Take nebraska as an example. We did good until october came around and we got smacked around.

2. GA plays in the SEC, the same conference mighty LSU plays in.

3. I seem to remember a team from a crappy conference beating a good team from a pretty good conference. Oh what was the name.....oh yeah Boise State. Then a couple of years before that Utah.

4. VT won their conference and are ranked higher but started to play a lot better late in the season and they beat a higher ranked opponent. Look at Miss State,another SEC team, they got blew out by LSU in the first game but managed to go 7-5 and make it to a bowl.

For what it's worth ESPN (I know there have been very reliable this week) believe LSU will be in the National Championship.

LSU has the best shot to get into the MNC. Georgia and Kansas both did not play in their respective Conf Championship Game and after the debacle with Nebraska in 01, voters won't allow it to happen again. LSU also beat VaTech by 41pts so obviously LSU wins the head-to-head match. I will not be surprised if the MNC is an Ohio St vs LSU matchup. Or, it's quite possible OU makes a big move up the rankings after beating Mizzou.

Actually, They let an Oklahoma team play for the NC after they loss the Big 12 championship game against Kansas state. There is no rule you have to play for your conference champonship.

And they also let NU play for it when they didnt even make it but thats not the point..

Never said there are "rules" to get into the NC game but pollsters will vote LSU ahead of GA and Kansas. If you saw Missouri got smoked by OU. Kansas would have been worse. GA isnt that good and have had an easy schedule. VT got ridden over by LSU earlier in the season. All of these things will be taken into account when the pollsters vote.

Oh and Hawaii doesnt have room to say anything. They are 12-0 Yes but they also are ranked 119th in the nation in SOS. if they played ina tougher conference they would probably lose 3 games. Brennan is a solid QB but their conference in absolutely horrid.

1. early losses don't matter as much as late season ones. Everyone knows that how you played in september doesn't mean you play the same in october or november. Take nebraska as an example. We did good until october came around and we got smacked around.

3. I seem to remember a team from a crappy conference beating a good team from a pretty good conference. Oh what was the name.....oh yeah Boise State. Then a couple of years before that Utah.

4. VT won their conference and are ranked higher but started to play a lot better late in the season and they beat a higher ranked opponent. Look at Miss State,another SEC team, they got blew out by LSU in the first game but managed to go 7-5 and make it to a bowl.

These are very valid points actually. With regard to NU, it was the same year CU beat the crap out of us in Boulder, won the B12 North and played OU. The following year, OU played KSU in the B12 Championship and Darren Sproles made OU his bitch that night as KSU stomped OU. The end was the same. Both OU and NU made it to the National Championship because teams ranked ahead of them lost. It wasn't our fault we made it to the MNC, but ever since that happened, voters are very careful about how they rank teams which is why I think LSU is going to jump V-Tech, Kansas and Georgia regardless of when or to whom they lost. I think Hawaii will get some props, but I don't think voters are too impressed with their conference/strength of schedule. Right now Hawaii is ranked 12th in the BCS. Boise St didn't go the National Championship game last year so using them as an example is a bit flawed IMO. If we were talking strictly BCS bowl games, Hawaii would have a dog in the fight considering B-State did beat OU last year. I would be extremly shocked to see Hawaii make it to the MNC. Very, very shocked!!

These are very valid points actually. With regard to NU, it was the same year CU beat the crap out of us in Boulder, won the B12 North and played OU. The following year, OU played KSU in the B12 Championship and Darren Sproles made OU his bitch that night as KSU stomped OU. The end was the same. Both OU and NU made it to the National Championship because teams ranked ahead of them lost. It wasn't our fault we made it to the MNC, but ever since that happened, voters are very careful about how they rank teams which is why I think LSU is going to jump V-Tech, Kansas and Georgia regardless of when or to whom they lost. I think Hawaii will get some props, but I don't think voters are too impressed with their conference/strength of schedule. Right now Hawaii is ranked 12th in the BCS. Boise St didn't go the National Championship game last year so using them as an example is a bit flawed IMO. If we were talking strictly BCS bowl games, Hawaii would have a dog in the fight considering B-State did beat OU last year. I would be extremly shocked to see Hawaii make it to the MNC. Very, very shocked!!

Exactly. When it comes down to voting, losses mean a lot, early or late in the season. Pollsters will look at GA and see that they lost to TN therefore not making it to the conference championship in which TN lost. Thats point goes to LSU. Now VT and LSU, They played earlier in the season(Not that big of deal) and LSU throttled them, point again goes to LSU. Kansas lost to Missouri, Missouri lost to Oklahoma, Kansas would have gotten killed, not to mention they have a very weak SOS. Point again goes to LSU. As I said before, Hawaii's strength of schedule is ranked almost dead last in the nation and theres no way they will make it to the NC game, BCS bowl is pretty likely but theres no way they deserve to be in the NC over the likes of Oklahoma, LSU, OSU, etc.

IMO two-losses is still two losses and LSU should not play for it all. But if they do I wouldn't mind Bo coaching.

I think a national-championship ring on his finger would look nice going down the home-stretch of recruiting. A championship would make a very solid impression on the recruits and our current players. He would look like money, a guy to listen to.

IMO two-losses is still two losses and LSU should not play for it all. But if they do I wouldn't mind Bo coaching.

I think a national-championship ring on his finger would look nice going down the home-stretch of recruiting. A championship would make a very solid impression on the recruits and our current players. He would look like money, a guy to listen to.

Latest Ap and coaches poll has Ohio St #1 and LSU #2, OU is 3

Two of the comuter polls have Bucks and LSU 1-2 also.

Looks like LSU-Ohio St.

Pelini is NU coach. Will NOT be coaching in NC game.