Lets get past the rumors for a second.

Inevitably the offense and defense will change next year so how will the current talent level of the team be utilized in a non west coast style of gameplan.

I think ganz is good enough to run any offense in college football and he will have a couple damn exciting backs to watch in helu and castille not to mention that I think the O line will be pretty damn good.

What about the D? Any young players you folks are looking forward to seeing smash some heads like thenarse.

Overall I think the talent pool is pretty good and I think next year may be better than we think.

what are your thoughts?

I think the talent is there. If we get a good staff here, I envision a " John Blake-to-Bob Stoops transition at Oklahoma" type of turnaround. Since the talent was there, and Stoops had a good staff-- they were able to become contenders quickly.

I agree that Ganz would be multi-dimensional, and that we're loaded at RB. Thenarse, Blue, and Culbert are three guys that I'm looking forward to seeing emerge. Also, I wonder which WR will standout like Purify did.

And to be quite honest I hope lucky goes and succeeds.

All in all I wasnt impressed by alot of his running until late in the season and we need guys that play 4 full quarters of ball every single game.

Lucky benefited from a lot of Screen and Flat passes. There is no denying that the kid has talent and he is one heck of a young man too! I would have liked to have seen him improve his off guard and center runs better. This could also be chalked up to Coaching as the reasoning behind it too. Anywho....Lucky is a Husker and I wish him luck if he leaves for the NFL. If not then I will rook my butt off for him next year!

I think the talent is there. If we get a good staff here, I envision a " John Blake-to-Bob Stoops transition at Oklahoma" type of turnaround. Since the talent was there, and Stoops had a good staff-- they were able to become contenders quickly.

I agree that Ganz would be multi-dimensional, and that we're loaded at RB. Thenarse, Blue, and Culbert are three guys that I'm looking forward to seeing emerge. Also, I wonder which WR will standout like Purify did.

I agree on the offensive side of the ball, but defensively we might be a bit short on speed and talent.

But good schemes and fundamentals can overcome talent deficiencies.

Blue Culbert & Thenarse will bring back a awesome BLACKSHIRT defense!

Menelik Holt will be the next MO Purify!

Don't forget "Q" and Paul! I also think Dillard is gonna come out like a raging bull.

I think that the defense is stacked! Blue, Culbert, Thenarse, Dillard, Akumura (sp). It will be a matter of making sure tha that the players fit the scheme, not who fits the scheme!

I assume we'll run a spread offense next year

I think Ganz is good enough to succeed with that, what do you guys think?

Absolutely! Gantz is a gamer. He is going make Keller wish he had another year of eligibility.

This team is ripe with talent. Callahan could recruit and did well. Bo, or whoever the new guy is has some pressure on him to have a good season first season out. And I think the concensus is there is enough talent to challenge for the Big XII championship. But let's not forget this was all about coaching. The players pulled off 5 wins with heart and little else. In fact that should become an axiom in college football: "Good players with heart can pull off five wins without the coaching factor." We proved that this year. So, now we are going to add a pretty important factor next season, first rate coaching. These kids, once they get over the attachment they inevitably had with the coaching staff, once they meet the new crew and get motivated, will be excited to get started with their off-season program. There are going to be some fragile nerves for the San Jose State game next year but I wouldn't want to be SJSU's quarterback.