Mutiny in Huskerland

I found an interesting quote on another board that more or less says what I think about the whole situation.

-------------------

This is the quote that really bothers me about Birkel.

"I think they had a plan when they came in, and I wasn't in it," Birkel said of Callahan and his assistants. "They didn't want to try to give me a chance. I know it's not about the type of receiver I am, because I know I'm just as good as half the guys playing this year."

In all truth, it just makes me laugh.

Birkel is the classic case of the athlete who is in denial. The athlete who can't let go of his Al Bundy high school 4 TD stories.

This situation isn't about Callahan. It's has to do with Birkel crying about PT. It's about Birkel stoking the flames of his PT bitterness, by taking parting shots at the coaches who allegedly did him wrong. The coaches who gave up other job opportunities, to carry out their life long vendetta against Birkel. Get a grip Andy.

It's these types of cancerous attitudes, that have sunk the Husker ship in recent years.

I'm sure his teammates liked reading in paper about how much better than them, he thinks he is.

The current players are spoiled, and are just getting a harsh reality check. I applaud it. Because deep down, I know that if the seeds that have been growing for the last 3 years, continue to live.... Any chance that the Huskers have at returning to the top, will die....

So keep kicking and screaming Andy. Keep using the press to speak on behalf of all the the others that you quit on. What a joke.

Birkel was just as good as Mulkey, and he played a lot.  I know Mulkey is from TX ,  not Nebraska so he has to be better than Birkel according to BC. 

At least Birkel stated the truth unlike BC and SP!!!

Too bad you or I will never know the truth. You are saying it is the truth because it fits your agenda.

There are at least a couple NE kids in the 2005 class.

Birkel was not better than Mulkey because Mulkey got more PT. Coaches are funny like that. They put the guys who perform best out there to play.

Oh really? I guess that's why Horne was in against OU for his first play of the game during a 4th and goal when he carried the ball and did absolutely nothing, because he was simply the best HB we had in that situation. Give me a break. There were a lot of questionable things that happened this year considering plays called and players executing them.

Birkel was just as good as Mulkey, and he played a lot. I know Mulkey is from TX , not Nebraska so he has to be better than Birkel according to BC.

At least Birkel stated the truth unlike BC and SP!!!

Why the hell was Barrett Ruud playing all year? He's from Nebraska and they never took his worthless Nebraska butt out! Stupid coaches!

You guys are amazing!

The only Mutiny in Huskerland is you pissy little pesimists

that piss and moan and wine about every little piece of dirt

you can dig up on BC or SP!!

The fact is that Nebraska Football is no longer the same. Now

you guys can sit there and cry about it, or you can support the

program. I can guarantee that you pessimists are never going

to make things better. I am sure that the best thing for player and

staff morale is NOT to hear, straight from "supposed" loyal fans,

how the program is going right down the sh***er!!! I also know your

pessimist attitudes and comments aren't attracting any recruits.

I guess we will see who is right in a couple of years. I wonder what

you will have to complain about when we are contending for National

Championships again? But, until then.....

You guys are amazing!

how the program is going right down the shitter!!! I also know your

Championships again? But, until then, this one goes straight up all of

yours!!!! :up

Great post fanatic. You and I both know where the pussimists will be when we're contending for a Nat'l Title, and it's right back where they were in the 90's, telling everyone how the Huskers are the greatest and they knew all along we'd be at the top once again.

You guys are amazing!

The fact is that Nebraska Football is no longer the same.  Now

program.  I can guarantee that you pessimists are never going

to make things better.  I am sure that the best thing for player and

how the program is going right down the shitter!!!  I also know your

I guess we will see who is right in a couple of years.  I wonder what

Championships again?  But, until then, this one goes straight up all of

yours!!!!  :up

Great post fanatic. You and I both know where the pussimists will be when we're contending for a Nat'l Title, and it's right back where they were in the 90's, telling everyone how the Huskers are the greatest and they knew all along we'd be at the top once again.

I wouldnt bet on this program contending for a NC with this staff in place. Coz-worthless turned a top 10 D into a bottom-tier unit, similar to what he did in Wisconson.

If you really think that a guy who took another man's team to the SB, only to turn them into the worst team in the league the next. The same guy who took a 10-3 team and turned them into a 5-6 team (their first losing/non-bowl season in over 40 years). The same guy who, from the mouth of his own Offensive coordinator (Norvell)-did his best coaching job the week that his team got destroyed in the Super Bowl and looked both un-prepared and unmotivated. The same guy who is supposed to have been a coach for like 25 years but yet he cant even figure out how to relay plays to his qb, if you think that this guy will lead the team to a NC, you are sorely mistaken.

You can cut-and-paste this, write it down, hold me to it like a guarentee----callahan will never, ever win either a Big 12 or a National Championship, ever, ever, ever. He will never see a BCS game, either. The very best he will ever do at NU is 8-4/9-3, Big 12 North winner, spot in the Big 12 Champ game only to be badly outcoached and destroyed by OU/UT, and end up in San Antonio or San Diego. He may, if he is very, very lucky, and the North is as horrible as is was this year, he may get 10 wins, but he will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER win the Big 12. You can take that to the bank.

My question is then what happens, who will bill the Idiot blame? He cant blame Franks recruits, he cant blame his players being old, bitter, broken-down former stars/prima-donnas. Whos he gonna blame when HIS SYSTEM, with HIS CRAPPY COACHING STAFF, with HIS PLAYERS fails miserably?? He has yet to take any responsiblility for the only constants in his career--the abilities turner winners into losers, and to pi$$ off his players.

Any idiot (including me) that knows what the hell a football is could have coached NU to a winning record and a bowl this year, but callahan couldnt do it. Face it, callahan sucks, and the sooner he fails and he and pederson get the hell out of town, the sooner we can get a quality MAN who is a quality coach to get this program back on track.

You guys are amazing!

how the program is going right down the sh***er!!! I also know your

Championships again? But, until then.....

This coaching staff will not compete for national championships. You can call it pissing and moaning, but its just my opinion. I'll be more than happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.

Oh, and the players don't need to hear from us how low the program is...they're experiencing it first hand.

Any idiot (including me) that knows what the hell a football is could have coached NU to a winning record and a bowl this year, but callahan couldnt do it. Face it, callahan sucks, and the sooner he fails and he and pederson get the hell out of town, the sooner we can get a quality MAN who is a quality coach to get this program back on track.

State job dude go put your name in the hat and see if they consider you. I assume you are the quality man for the job. I disn't know you read the messageboard Dr. Tom.

Why continue the reference to the 'same team' as last year? We lost the BEST PLAYERS from that team. D Williams, TJ Hollowell, Bingham, T Johnson, Kobongo, LORD, Sewell, ViliWaldrop...most of these guys were average players and weren't even replaced this year with equal talent. WE GOT WORSE THIS YEAR! Not the coaching, the players! What the hell was wrong with TO in 1996, he lost 2 games with a team that won a title the year before? That's PREPOSTEROUS! formerfan, I'd understand you being sour if your logic was somewhat sensible, but it's garbage. Why did Solich go 7-7 with a team that played for a Nat'l Title the year before? Callahan will never go 5-6 or 7-7 in a season again with the kind of talent he's bringing in, talent that hasn't been here for years. Solich would land 1 or 2 really nice guys, but he wouldn't have had half the class we have coming in this year. I guess you can root for an average program with below-average players once again, because today at Noon Solich will be named head coach at Ohio.

Why continue the reference to the 'same team' as last year? We lost the BEST PLAYERS from that team. D Williams, TJ Hollowell, Bingham, T Johnson, Kobongo, LORD, Sewell, ViliWaldrop...most of these guys were average players and weren't even replaced this year with equal talent. WE GOT WORSE THIS YEAR! Not the coaching, the players! What the hell was wrong with TO in 1996, he lost 2 games with a team that won a title the year before? That's PREPOSTEROUS! formerfan, I'd understand you being sour if your logic was somewhat sensible, but it's garbage. Why did Solich go 7-7 with a team that played for a Nat'l Title the year before? Callahan will never go 5-6 or 7-7 in a season again with the kind of talent he's bringing in, talent that hasn't been here for years. Solich would land 1 or 2 really nice guys, but he wouldn't have had half the class we have coming in this year. I guess you can root for an average program with below-average players once again, because today at Noon Solich will be named head coach at Ohio.

:clap

Great post hoya, can't count how many times I have said this year's team IS NOT LAST YEAR'S TEAM!