Pelini the Recruiter

I dont think we need to be to worried about Pelini as a recruiter. There was lot of talk on this board about how Pelini doesnt like the recruit and how some people were worried that if Pelini was the guy he would not put enough emphasis on the recruiting.

Well after hearing that press conference today i dont think we need to worry about Pelini putting an emphasis on recruiting. He made it quite clear that he plans to get the ball rolling on the recruiting process imidiately and will work very hard to bring in some great players. I think now that Pelini is NU's HC/CEO we will find out how great of a recruiter Pelini is.

As they said on 1620 today, I think the days of Rivals blue chippers is coming to a close, not because we couldn't get them, but I don't think Pelini is that kind of man. According to Tom we're focussing on the state first, then the outsiders. I think this blood transfusion will be healthy in the long run, considering the attitude we've lost. It's a priviledge to play for Nebraska, and Nebraska kids understand that better than anyone.

Whatever happens, be it a number 1 class or in the fifities, I hope we get some leadership and some hard-nosed kids to give everything they got for a National Championship run.

X

do you think he will steal some of his recruits from LSU, that commited to him?

I don't know if that is possible since I don't think he is credited with any. I could be wrong though but I don't believe he has his name attatched to any of their current kids.

yeah I did a search on one of the recruiting boards (free part of course) and it stated that Bo wasn't credited with any recruits these past two years with LSU. Maybe his reputation as a great DC is all kids needed to hear? I would like to think that was the reason.

do you think he will steal some of his recruits from LSU, that commited to him?

I don't know if that is possible since I don't think he is credited with any. I could be wrong though but I don't believe he has his name attatched to any of their current kids.

yeah I did a search on one of the recruiting boards (free part of course) and it stated that Bo wasn't credited with any recruits these past two years with LSU. Maybe his reputation as a great DC is all kids needed to hear? I would like to think that was the reason.

The only player he has been credited with recruiting at LSU was in the 2006 class. Unfortunately that was the first year Rivals started documenting that so I couldn't see how he did the previous year at Oklahoma.