Remember when Nebraska & Michigan Split the National Championship

Well, I think the BCS has managed to top that stupidity with Ohio State backing into the Championship game after having such a weak schedule. It is time for some kind of playoff system. There is no excuse for not having one.

Teams that play in Conference championships are getting screwed. :angry:

Well, I think the BCS has managed to top that stupidity with Ohio State backing into the Championship game after having such a weak schedule. It is time for some kind of playoff system. There is no excuse for not having one.

Teams that play in Conference championships are getting screwed. :angry:

:yeah

Amen. Bring on the playoff.

I knew that conference title game was going to be a problem when we went to the Big 12... Now we've gotta go 13-0 to have a lock on the BCS title game, possibly playing OU or UT twice in that span, and then win in the BCS. Devaney and Osborne never had to go 14-0 to win a title...

Amen. Bring on the playoff.

I knew that conference title game was going to be a problem when we went to the Big 12... Now we've gotta go 13-0 to have a lock on the BCS title game, possibly playing OU or UT twice in that span, and then win in the BCS. Devaney and Osborne never had to go 14-0 to win a title...

No missery almost went and they had one loss. You just have to win the conference title game.

Money? There is definitely someway to implement sponsorship into a playoff system.

However, if you think about it...conference games could be considered the first round of the "college playoffs"..but not every team contending has to play one..which is complete bullsh#t.

Who's to say that Hawaii(13-0) isn't good enough to compete for the national championship?

O that's right...some bullsh#t thing called strength of schedule. Right.

Money? There is definitely someway to implement sponsorship into a playoff system.

However, if you think about it...conference games could be considered the first round of the "college playoffs"..but not every team contending has to play one..which is complete bullsh#t.

Who's to say that Hawaii(13-0) isn't good enough to compete for the national championship?

O that's right...some bullsh#t thing called strength of schedule. Right.

or the fact that they trailed most of the way to a pathetic Washington team.. i think they would deserve an "opportunity" but they don't deserve a chance at the NC right now.. OSU is going to get run over by any team they were to play, with the exception of kansas probably because KU doesn't have quite the speed everyone else has.. i think a playoff would be great too, but it's not happening any time soon.. the money to the schools and conferences would not be made up in a playoff system quite like it does in the bowl system.. plus, notice how stingy the rose bowl is? won't even give up the Big 10 Pac 10 matchup even when it takes diving to a 3 loss Illinois team.. doubtful they would ever want to be a part of that kind of system..

plus the money issue means a lot to the communities that host the games.. fans and teams go down a week or MORE in advance.. it is a great help to them economically and that kind of money cannot be forgotten either.. in a playoff system, you have the traditional show up to the game, cheer, go home..

Whatever. The bottom line is that the BCS system sucks! <_<

This year illustrates better than any other that this system will never produce an outright champ. We need some sort of playoff system no doubt.

If we had one, Mizzou, KS, and OU would all still have a reasonable shot at it.

Do you really think 2 of the 3 have a reasonable shot at it? Mizzou was actually picked to lose to OU despite being the #1 team in the country. This is where the real sham occurs. How in the heck can you be the #1 team in the country if you're picked to lose within your own conference? How can you put KU in a BCS game, but not put Mizzou in one after they beat them head to head? IMO, neither KU or Mizzou deserves a BCS bowl. Neither of them are that good.

I do favor a playoff system. 2 of the hottest teams right now have very little shot. We may have a co champion again this year, but USC or Georgia is going to have to totally dominate in their bowl games. It is a sham that Ohio State gets into the title game. The only ranked team they played they lost. They along with Hawaii and KU have the weakest schedules this year.

If the BCS isn't abandoned and we don't go to a playoff, I suggest Nebraska breaks away from the Big 12. We might as well become an Independant, and then schedule the softest possible schedule out there. Personally, I'm glad all of this has happened. It proves once again that the BCS is just crap. When the BCS was formed, it was supposed to eliminated co NC by putting #1 against #2. How many times have we had co NC's since it was formed? Now compare that percentage to what it was before the BCS crap.

IMO, it's quite easy what needs to be done. Take the top 8 teams. Use the BCS bowls we already and use them as playoff games. You can keep rotating the NC game as being the final playoff game. Instead of having a month off, those 8 teams start the playoff. I don't see why there wouldn't be just as much money there as there is now. I mean how high are the ratings really going to be for the BCS bowl that has Hawaii in it? How many people are really going to watch the BCS bowl KU is in? Neither deserve to be there.

a playoff system won't happen. It's all about the money.

True but do u remember when we had 2 split it???They said that their would never be another split nationalchampionship becuzz if that happened they would have a playoff system i remember them saying that like it was yesterday,and i dont really think its a money thing i think they just dont wanna see their team get beat by a no name team!! A playoff system would work thoe you take the TOP10 teams and you play them 10 teams to see where they would play then you would be able 2 see whos the best of the best then u would be able 2 crown ur national champion ,becuzz lets face it LSU doesnt belong in that national chapionship game with 2 losses?? Comeon now they got beat by teams that had 4 and 5 losses lol

Whatever. The bottom line is that the BCS system sucks! <_<

This year illustrates better than any other that this system will never produce an outright champ. We need some sort of playoff system no doubt.

If we had one, Mizzou, KS, and OU would all still have a reasonable shot at it.

Do you really think 2 of the 3 have a reasonable shot at it? Mizzou was actually picked to lose to OU despite being the #1 team in the country. This is where the real sham occurs. How in the heck can you be the #1 team in the country if you're picked to lose within your own conference? How can you put KU in a BCS game, but not put Mizzou in one after they beat them head to head? IMO, neither KU or Mizzou deserves a BCS bowl. Neither of them are that good.

I do favor a playoff system. 2 of the hottest teams right now have very little shot. We may have a co champion again this year, but USC or Georgia is going to have to totally dominate in their bowl games. It is a sham that Ohio State gets into the title game. The only ranked team they played they lost. They along with Hawaii and KU have the weakest schedules this year.

If the BCS isn't abandoned and we don't go to a playoff, I suggest Nebraska breaks away from the Big 12. We might as well become an Independant, and then schedule the softest possible schedule out there. Personally, I'm glad all of this has happened. It proves once again that the BCS is just crap. When the BCS was formed, it was supposed to eliminated co NC by putting #1 against #2. How many times have we had co NC's since it was formed? Now compare that percentage to what it was before the BCS crap.

IMO, it's quite easy what needs to be done. Take the top 8 teams. Use the BCS bowls we already and use them as playoff games. You can keep rotating the NC game as being the final playoff game. Instead of having a month off, those 8 teams start the playoff. I don't see why there wouldn't be just as much money there as there is now. I mean how high are the ratings really going to be for the BCS bowl that has Hawaii in it? How many people are really going to watch the BCS bowl KU is in? Neither deserve to be there.

Dude seriously lay down the crack pipe. ok. There is nothing you can do about the schedule and conference one plays in. Right now i think the Pac-10 doesn't want anymore teams to avoid a conference championship. So what is Hawaii suppose to do when they can only be in a conference that wants them. Plus schedules are made years in advance and you can only schedule when a team is open. Schedule wise there really is nothing you can do if a good team doesn't want to play you.

If Nebraska breaks off and becomes an indepedent they CAN'T just schedule weak opponents because they wouldn't get ranked. Notre Dame is the only team that plays the hardest schedule and get away with it because they are independents. Every year ND plays certain teams. Plus they have the only exclusion in the BCS. If they are ranked 8th or higher i believe they get an automatic BCS bid. Nebraska would have to play a pretty damn hard schedule if they became independent.

bowls drive in money for the towns hosting it. That is why you see bowl games in El Paso, TX and such.