Bo's potential staff

I don't want Cotton back in any capacity.

He can back to his "REAL big red" school and stink it up.

As Husker fans, we should not forget. We should not forgive. That man has neither love for nor loyalty to this program, and we could do without people who see "just another job opportunity."

As Husker fans, we should not forget. We should not forgive. That man has neither love for nor loyalty to this program, and we could do without people who see "just another job opportunity."

Oh come on! Cotton had taken a new job and was trying to fire up his players, something most coaches do. He's a good guy and I have no problem with what he said. I don't know that he should be on the staff, but it has nothing to do with that comment.

Oh come on! Cotton had taken a new job and was trying to fire up his players, something most coaches do. He's a good guy and I have no problem with what he said. I don't know that he should be on the staff, but it has nothing to do with that comment.

BS! He wasn't just a former Husker coach, he's a former player. At the very least he needs to make an apology his first day on the job for the comment.

I for one am a little fired up about the staff that 1620 the zone has said many times this afternoon "confirmed"................

Watson..............YES

Gilmore.............YES

Brown............. YES

Cotton............. NOT BAD..........he was a very good OL coach !!!!

Sanders............ YES, YES, YES............my favorite Husker assistant of all time !!!!

Sipple also confirmed these guys...............once agian, these hires are only "confirmed" by radio hosts and LJS........ take it for what it is worth....

They are mentioning Jimmy Williams as possible LB's coach....

I like the staff...... He is bringing back "great PEOPLE" whom also happen to be good coaches and understand the "pressures" of coaching at NU....no one should be surprise at the culture......Plus, I think that he kept the 2 best coaches on BC's staff to gap the bridge and to move forward with recruiting and the style of offense that will be fun to watch.....now we will have a defense to match some of the offensive outputs..

Patience, Patience.............will not happen over night.........but it will happen !!!!!

on 590 they talked about Bo keeping Randy Jordan around. I would be against this decision. I don't know how much he had to do with rotation or if Callahan played a part in it, but I felt the management of playing time for the backs has been really poor the last 2 years. In 2006, Brandon Jackson was not the feature back until the middle/end of the season. If they would have started him and gave him more carries from the beginning he would have done even more for himself and the team. This year, the backs were never given the chance to get into a rhythm until the end of the season. We had a lot of good backs, but never gave one a chance to get into a rhythm. If you ask any productive back he will tell you that it takes a while to get into the rhythm of the game. If they keep getting rotated they can never get going and do not perform as well. I am a fan of using more than one back, but in spurts, you need to give guys a chance to succeed and I think Randy Jordan failed to do that.

This was a long explanation but to make a long story short, I do not want Rand Jordan to be a part of the new staff.

You are correct on your assessment....IMO... but, after reading the Dennis Wagner article.....I wouldn't be surprised if BC had a lot to do with this ....Wagner expressed his frustrations with BC's calls , but as an assistant, he had to live with it.......

Maybe Cotton shouldn't have made the "real big red" comment but if you went 10-3 only to get canned you'd be pissed too.

Bo allegedly said some unkind things when he was recruiting Dillard, I don't know Dillard personally but I don't see why he'd make something up, but that appears to have been forgiven.

When folks get dicked-over they get mad and say vindictive stuff about whomever dicked them over. Over time wounds heal.

Maybe Cotton shouldn't have made the "real big red" comment but if you went 10-3 only to get canned you'd be pissed too.

Bo allegedly said some unkind things when he was recruiting Dillard, I don't know Dillard personally but I don't see why he'd make something up, but that appears to have been forgiven.

When folks get dicked-over they get mad and say vindictive stuff about whomever dicked them over. Over time wounds heal.

I was just going to post something to the effect of this. If Bo is forgiven, then Cotton should be as well. I'm still skeptical on him, but I have a feeling of optimism and would probably be able to forgive Pelini in the long run. I know that after I have left a job voluntarily, I have had unkind things to say about the prior employer. Let alone doing a good job and getting canned because your boss is an idiot. Forgive, but don't forget. Win a Big 12 title, and it will be forgotten.

As far as the potential staff, I am liking the names I am seeing. We could do a lot worse.

You are correct on your assessment....IMO... but, after reading the Dennis Wagner article.....I wouldn't be surprised if BC had a lot to do with this ....Wagner expressed his frustrations with BC's calls , but as an assistant, he had to live with it.......

Yes, Wagner did sound unhappy in his article. Callahan did hold some coaches back it seems. As long as we bring some former husker players/coaches back who know and respect the tradition I will be happy.

on 590 they talked about Bo keeping Randy Jordan around. I would be against this decision. I don't know how much he had to do with rotation or if Callahan played a part in it, but I felt the management of playing time for the backs has been really poor the last 2 years. In 2006, Brandon Jackson was not the feature back until the middle/end of the season. If they would have started him and gave him more carries from the beginning he would have done even more for himself and the team. This year, the backs were never given the chance to get into a rhythm until the end of the season. We had a lot of good backs, but never gave one a chance to get into a rhythm. If you ask any productive back he will tell you that it takes a while to get into the rhythm of the game. If they keep getting rotated they can never get going and do not perform as well. I am a fan of using more than one back, but in spurts, you need to give guys a chance to succeed and I think Randy Jordan failed to do that.

This was a long explanation but to make a long story short, I do not want Rand Jordan to be a part of the new staff.

I actually thought the running backs have played pretty well the past few years , considering how the offensive line played.

I actually thought the running backs have played pretty well the past few years , considering how the offensive line played.

I agree that the backs have played well. I just feel they could have performed better if it was managed more efficiently. I hope Lucky stays and Randy Jordan or whoever the backs coach gives him a chance to showcase his talent and help the team.