Shooting at Von Maur at Westroads Mall in Omaha

My wife used to work at Cooper Village home for boys and worked very closely with the shooter for a couple of years. She said that he was very troubled, came from a very troubled home. She had several conversations with him regarding his depression and he grew close to her and would only open up to her. She knew he had problems, but it is very sad when a kid goes down this path and does something like this. What a sad situation.

you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers right now...I first heard of the news on 1620 at 2 p.m...I got scared a few hours later after I heard the number of fatalities, as I've been there a number of times, and it's one of those stores, where everytime you're there, you see someone you know...I'm in sales, and it's completely plausible that one of my counterparts would be there at that time....so far everyone seems ok, but the thoughts of what could have happened to people I know, overshadowed by what has happened to those just out doing some holiday shopping, are quite overwhelming. This is a sad day...

My wife used to work at Cooper Village home for boys and worked very closely with the shooter for a couple of years. She said that he was very troubled, came from a very troubled home. She had several conversations with him regarding his depression and he grew close to her and would only open up to her. She knew he had problems, but it is very sad when a kid goes down this path and does something like this. What a sad situation.

My Wife teaches 3rd grade and was telling me about a student of hers that calmly stated he wanted to kill everybody a couple of months ago..His Mom is actually a counselor at the school.

I keep wondering what can be done to nip this in the bud.

My Wife teaches 3rd grade and was telling me about a student of hers that calmly stated he wanted to kill everybody a couple of months ago..His Mom is actually a counselor at the school.

I keep wondering what can be done to nip this in the bud.

I believe it starts in the home, but so many kids don't have one, or at least not a good one.

My prayers are with the familys involved in such a horrific incident, may God Bless them.

I noticed the "breaking news" on the computer at work. Of course, I panicked when I saw it was the Westroads. My Mom is OK, but I'm still praying that I don't know any of the victims. It's so hard to understand that someone is so troubled that they would take their own life, plus others! My prayers are with anybody that had to endure that yesterday!

If anyone was watching the news today, they released a 911 tape from the shooting where a person called and then was shot. It shook me to the core hearing the operator talk and then to hear 4 to 5 gunshots ring out in the background. Especially a place where I shop when I come to Omaha. The silence at the end was just bone rattling.

Things like this really Piss me off. IM so tired of these winey brats takeing out there sad little lives on other people. I myself had and still have my bouts with depression but i deal with it and move on. Never have i ever wanted to blow away a shopping mall full of innocent people. Do the decent thing if you want to die then just die but dont take it out on anyone else.

I am so sorry for the families for that are affected buy this. What a waste. Nothing like this has ever happened in iowa but i bet that our neighbors to the west would be just as concerned. Im sorry for you all again and i hope that things get better, id wish yall happy holidays but seems kinda like those are ruined right now.

ben