USC assistant to Nebraska?

USC coach Carroll talks up staff members

By Scott Wolf, Staff Writer

Article Last Updated: 12/04/2007 10:45:31 PM PST

USC coach Pete Carroll is recruiting this week but he's also trying to help members of his staff get better jobs.

Carroll has recommended secondary coach Demetrice Martin, who is a graduate assistant and several other staff members for potential openings at Nebraska with new coach Bo Pelini.

Carroll was a mentor to Pelini and hired him as an assistant with the New England Patriots.

"I'm trying to help some guys that deserve it and are good coaches," Carroll said.

USC coach Carroll talks up staff members

By Scott Wolf, Staff Writer

Article Last Updated: 12/04/2007 10:45:31 PM PST

USC coach Pete Carroll is recruiting this week but he's also trying to help members of his staff get better jobs.

Carroll has recommended secondary coach Demetrice Martin, who is a graduate assistant and several other staff members for potential openings at Nebraska with new coach Bo Pelini.

Carroll was a mentor to Pelini and hired him as an assistant with the New England Patriots.

"I'm trying to help some guys that deserve it and are good coaches," Carroll said.

i think Bo knows who he wants, but thanks just the same Pete.........

notice that he is offering up GA's for the openings at NU but not Assistants

So why are Papuchis and Eckler more qualified other than already knowing Bo's schemes? Who knows, maybe one of these USC-guys has done some solid coaching and just took the USC-GA job as a foot-in-the-door to bigger things like Albin did.

Plus the article said several other staff-members. You can only have two GA's. I wonder what the other guys do. Are they current assistants or somebody like Eckler that does stuff with the coaches but is officially a S&C guy.

I'm not saying you may not have a point. But I doubt the guys Carroll likes are really any different than guys we are seeing getting jobs because of their connection to Bo. Don't forget that Carroll is one hell of a coach and he is a good guy, he wouldn't go out of his way to recommend a guy to Bo if he didn't believe in that guy.