Pelini, Cotton, and Gill together again

kramer

The only way they're all together again is if Cotton and Gill are Pelini's assistants, which I don't think will ever happen. Pelini will get the job at Pitt.

Sounds like he's not a top 2 finalist according to a pitt paper I read. Between Rhoades their dcoordinator and interim coach kinda like bo was here and cavaugna (sp?) coordinator from pros. BUt it does say he's still in contention but don't think he got a second interview like other two did.

• 2 weeks later...

[sounds like he's not a top 2 finalist according to a pitt paper I read. Between Rhoades their dcoordinator and interim coach kinda like bo was here and cavaugna (sp?) coordinator from pros. BUt it does say he's still in contention but don't think he got a second interview like other two did.

Heard a rumor that Pederson may have had something to do with Pelini not getting a second interview... Does anyone have anything else here? Pederson had no comment and neither did Bo....Could be old news, but I thought I would throw it out here.... I hope Pederson didn't hamper Bo's progress as a head coach. :wtf

[sounds like he's not a top 2 finalist according to a pitt paper I read. Between Rhoades their dcoordinator and interim coach kinda like bo was here and cavaugna (sp?) coordinator from pros.  BUt it does say he's still in contention but don't think he got a second interview like other two did.

Heard a rumor that Pederson may have had something to do with Pelini not getting a second interview... Does anyone have anything else here? Pederson had no comment and neither did Bo....Could be old news, but I thought I would throw it out here.... I hope Pederson didn't hamper Bo's progress as a head coach. :wtf

Sounds a bit too "conspiracy theoryish" to me.

Could it maybe be that Dave Wannstedt was a better candidate and was more deserving of the job? Maybe Pederson didn't feel comfortable recommending him with the way he conducted himself last season, I don't think that would be completely unreasonable. I don't think he would be hampering Bo's career advancement if he was telling a prospective employer the truth.

Heard a rumor that Pederson may have had something to do with Pelini not getting a second interview... Does anyone have anything else here?  Pederson had no comment and neither did Bo....Could be old news, but I thought I would throw it out here.... I hope Pederson didn't hamper Bo's progress as a head coach. :wtf

Could it maybe be that Dave Wannstedt was a better candidate and was more deserving of the job? Maybe Pederson didn't feel comfortable recommending him with the way he conducted himself last season, I don't think that would be completely unreasonable. I don't think he would be hampering Bo's career advancement if he was telling a prospective employer the truth.

Sure, another highly unsuccessful, failed NFL coach is certainly more qualified to lead an NCAA program than would be a very successful, intelligent NCAA assistant coach.

Gee, I sure love what Wannsted did with Chicago, and the Dolphins, kind of like what callahan did with the Raiders, and NU!

Sure, another highly unsuccessful, failed NFL coach is certainly more qualified to lead an NCAA program than would be a very successful, intelligent NCAA assistant coach.

Gee, I sure love what Wannsted did with Chicago, and the Dolphins.

Didn't Wannstedt go to the playoffs 3 years? Wannstedt has 82 wins as a head coach, thats exactly 82 more than Pelini has. Wannstedt was also known as a top recruiter when he was an assistant coach at Pitt, Oklahoma State and Miami. Then he moved on and helped take the Cowboys to a Super Bowl win before moving on to Chicago. Wannstedt went to Pitt as a student-athlete, coached there and is from Pittsburgh. Pelini has no ties to Pitt, he should be honored to even be considered for it since the other candidates were all Pitt guys.

Gee, I sure love what Wannsted did with Chicago, and the Dolphins, kind of like what callahan did with the Raiders, and NU!

Wow, Pelini sure did a great job tonight! And just think, he could be our coach! We really lost out. That defense was all over the field tonight.

Wow, Pelini sure did a great job tonight! And just think, he could be our coach! We really lost out. That defense was all over the field tonight.

Last I checked, Bo went to the NC game, where did bill the idiot and staff go?

:flush