defining moment of the season

Ok, we've got a lot of time to kill between now and the start of spring practice, so...

A lot of drama during the 2007 Husker football season. For you, what was the defining moment, the moment when you knew all was not right?

For me it was when Corey McKeon performed his melodrama during the news conference back in September or early October. I was shocked! I couldn't believe I was hearing a Nebraska football player complain of being tired, low on energy, not happy with the fans, etc. Those words would never have been uttered from an Osborne coached player, Solich coached player, and I'll predict never will be uttered by a Pelini coached player.

Ok, we've got a lot of time to kill between now and the start of spring practice, so...

A lot of drama during the 2007 Husker football season. For you, what was the defining moment, the moment when you knew all was not right?

For me it was when Corey McKeon performed his melodrama during the news conference back in September or early October. I was shocked! I couldn't believe I was hearing a Nebraska football player complain of being tired, low on energy, not happy with the fans, etc. Those words would never have been uttered from an Osborne coached player, Solich coached player, and I'll predict never will be uttered by a Pelini coached player.

:yeah

Blackshirts are NOT Whiners.

It took me until after the Mizzou game

I'm just a natural optimist I guess

Although I am rather biased... .it was the Husker's opening offensive sequence against Mizzou.

1st play of the game - delay of game, 5 yard penalty. (REAL bad sign... )

2nd play -left sideline pass to Purify - smothered for 3 yard gain.

3rd play - swing pass to Lucky, hit by William Moore so hard I didn't think he'd get up - 2 yard gain.

4th play - incomplete pass to Nunn.

Punt.

I knew then that the Nebraska aura was missing, at least for that night. With 4:00 to go in the 1st quarter it was 14-0

I knew sh#t was awry during the first quarter of the Ball State game. I had my suspicions during the second half of the USC game, but I thought maybe they were just that good.

Then the first minute of the Mizzou game drove that realization home.

And the Oklahoma State game actually made me physically sick. It might have had something to do with getting snockered in the AM, but I seriously felt like a bastard for the rest of the day.

After the Ball State game I realized they probably wouldn't beat Missouri.

When that materialized I expected Callahan to replace Coz. Then when they dropped the OKie St. game I didn't think they would win another game this year and expected Callahan wouldn't make it to the end of the season.

Only Tom's grace allowed him to finish the season.

amen, he should have had his ass benched for the rest of the season. we have no room for candy ass players here! but then coz encouraged it anyway, what a joke it was to see.

I knew something was wrong watching the second half of the USC game. I was hoping it was minor and would be fixed.

The Ball State game was then the solidifier for me that something had to change with the staff because they weren't changing anything that was going on on the field.

By the Missouri game I had a feeling we were in for a veeerrrry long season. Then watching that game made me want to puke.

Thank god those days are over and I can breath freely now. Just looking forward to Next season.

GBR!!!