defining moment of the season

I knew sh#t was awry during the first quarter of the Ball State game. I had my suspicions during the second half of the USC game, but I thought maybe they were just that good.

Then the first minute of the Mizzou game drove that realization home.

And the Oklahoma State game actually made me physically sick. It might have had something to do with getting snockered in the AM, but I seriously felt like a bastard for the rest of the day.

Pretty much the same thing here. USC I just chalked up to USC being awesome. The Ball State game was the game that really set off alarm bells in my head. We should have lost that game by two touchdowns. Their WRs were WIDE OPEN all day long, but they mercifully dropped about 50% of the passes, even though most were right on target. I knew we had even more serious problems when Callahan came out and called the game a step forward. I hadn't seen a defense play that poorly in a long time, especially our LBs, which were wildly out of position on EVERY PLAY.

The Missouri and Oklahoma State games reinforced my sentiments, but I think the Ball State game was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I knew changes had to be made after the ball state game.

After the Mizzou game and OSU game i was callign for Callahan and cosgrove, rather then just coz

Same here. The Ball State game was inexcusable. After Mizzou, I knew BC had to go.

Third that. I had a pretty damn good feeling during and after the Ball State game which we almost lost on our own turf during cally's fourth year of coaching at Nebraska. Mizzou hit the spot big time 100%

For me it was when Corey McKeon performed his melodrama during the news conference back in September or early October.

I think this was a key indicator that things were heading into the crapper. Folks on here were ticked at CM's behavior but it made me wonder what the heck is going on? Turned out that there was apparently a lot going on that was yet to fully manifest itself. I think CM's feelings and attitudes were reflective of a huge morale problem that was either pervasive or soon to be. I'm not sure what the causes were or what the coaches needed to do to head it off, but apparently neither did the coaches.

Pardon my ignorance, but what did McKeon do???