Things Bo Pellini Might Be Thinking

I agree we've got decent talent, but I'm not overly impressed with it, and I can't imagine Pelini is either considering where he just left. You've heard Osborne say it himself several times, that our ralent is "reasonable". We've got good players, but not as good as some people think. That said, Pelini should be able to put them in the right places and position, and all of a sudden they will look a lot better, much like the "untalented" team he took over in '03, and now a good number of those guys are making an impact in the NFL.

OK, so I just totally wasted my time by contradicting my original point. Whatever.

This is the same Tom Osborne who used to talk up Middle Victim State University from Div. I-AA as a team you can't overlook, too. I don't think we have BCS game talent at every position at the moment, but we have players with lots of skill all over the field. :thumbs

The players NU has right now isn't that bad, but some were out of shape, and out of position most of the time. It will be interesting to see, how and if Pelini changes some things.

Things WILL change. Your very post is the epitome of why we fired Callahan/Cosgrove. There is no "if."

Plain and simple, Bill Callahan could not develop the supposed-talent he brought in. He simply assumed that his Lemming-assisted 4 and 5-Star talent would learn his NFL-style offense. A'hem...sorry Billy, you need to COACH your players.

People here constantly say, "well, we had all kinds of 3-4-5 star talent....and look where that got us!" The problem here was the development of that talent. Callahan is an NFL guy. Period. He doesn't DEVELOP talent...he UTILIZES it.

On a lighter note:

We're currently ranked 13th on the recruiting list. This is also after Blaine Gabbert has defected on us; that dropped our ranking down.

Then we have Jonas Gray...a kid I was sooo excited to have at Nebraska...de-commit. AND THEN COMMIT TO NOTRE DAME! I don't know what hurts more, a good RB de-committing from Nebraska...or a good RB committing to Charlie Weis's offense.

After those two, main de-commits...we currently stand 13th on the list. Dan Hoch, lately, has drawn my eye. He visited Mizzori this weekend.

We'll just have to wait and see if these recruits want to play for a consistently-great, University of Nebraska, or a flash-in-the-pan University like Missouri or Kansas.

you can bet our class ranking as of december 10th 2007 will take a hit with the de-commit of shaun mohler.

i dont buy into the recruiting rankings until after signing day....for these very reasons

Let 'em leave...and hope the door doesn't hit 'em in the arse when they leave. We want recruits

that want to play for NU--not "playas". :corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance