Things Bo Pellini Might Be Thinking

1) Can't believe there's so much talent here now.

2) What kind of bonehead loses 7 games with this much talent?

3) I'll be a hero here by winning 8 games next year, I can probably win 9 or 10 without trying.

4) I can't believe they're letting me coach in the bowl game, I sure hope this doesn't set us back too far.

5) It will be our goal to not give up more than 79 points all season.

6) "Bo Big Red" certainly has a nice ring to it.

7) I can't believe some of these kids Tom is signing.

8) Those green practice jerseys are going in the trash.

9) I wonder if we have those f***ing hillbillies on our schedule next year.

10) I sure hope Frank appreciated that.

11) Benkelman? Where the hell is that?

12) Damn, I forgot how cold it gets up here. Holy S*it is that snow.

13) Watch Me Give My Wife A Bogasm.

Classy, but seriously, I have been telling the guys at work that NU is not that bad. We just had some crappy coaching. Everyone in the country has to know that we have the talent to be good, it is just a matter of putting that talent to use.

GBR!

I agree we've got decent talent, but I'm not overly impressed with it, and I can't imagine Pelini is either considering where he just left. You've heard Osborne say it himself several times, that our ralent is "reasonable". We've got good players, but not as good as some people think. That said, Pelini should be able to put them in the right places and position, and all of a sudden they will look a lot better, much like the "untalented" team he took over in '03, and now a good number of those guys are making an impact in the NFL.

OK, so I just totally wasted my time by contradicting my original point. Whatever.

I agree we've got decent talent, but I'm not overly impressed with it, and I can't imagine Pelini is either considering where he just left. You've heard Osborne say it himself several times, that our ralent is "reasonable". We've got good players, but not as good as some people think. That said, Pelini should be able to put them in the right places and position, and all of a sudden they will look a lot better, much like the "untalented" team he took over in '03, and now a good number of those guys are making an impact in the NFL.

OK, so I just totally wasted my time by contradicting my original point. Whatever.

I took what TO was saying was reasonable enough to keep up nebraska standards. as in 9+ wins and competing for a title. I think thats what we have too

About the talent thing, I think people overestimate the importance of that a little. That's not to say it's irrelevant, but there are so many examples of what passion can do on the field, especially against haughty opponents. It would seem that we have undeveloped athletes making up a portion of our team. What needs to happen is a fast season of development fused with a renewed energy. If Bo can accomplish this by the time fall camp is over, I'd predict a strong season.

Basically, I think we have talent enough to make a run at something special, provided they're coached as they should be.

X

The players NU has right now isn't that bad, but some were out of shape, and out of position most of the time. It will be interesting to see, how and if Pelini changes some things.

Bo is thinking..."Does Superman really wear Bo Pelini pajamas to bed?"

Things WILL change. Your very post is the epitome of why we fired Callahan/Cosgrove. There is no "if."

Plain and simple, Bill Callahan could not develop the supposed-talent he brought in. He simply assumed that his Lemming-assisted 4 and 5-Star talent would learn his NFL-style offense. A'hem...sorry Billy, you need to COACH your players.

People here constantly say, "well, we had all kinds of 3-4-5 star talent....and look where that got us!" The problem here was the development of that talent. Callahan is an NFL guy. Period. He doesn't DEVELOP talent...he UTILIZES it.

On a lighter note:

We're currently ranked 13th on the recruiting list. This is also after Blaine Gabbert has defected on us; that dropped our ranking down.

Then we have Jonas Gray...a kid I was sooo excited to have at Nebraska...de-commit. AND THEN COMMIT TO NOTRE DAME! I don't know what hurts more, a good RB de-committing from Nebraska...or a good RB committing to Charlie Weis's offense.

After those two, main de-commits...we currently stand 13th on the list. Dan Hoch, lately, has drawn my eye. He visited Mizzori this weekend.

We'll just have to wait and see if these recruits want to play for a consistently-great, University of Nebraska, or a flash-in-the-pan University like Missouri or Kansas.

The players NU has right now isn't that bad, but some were out of shape, and out of position most of the time. It will be interesting to see, how and if Pelini changes some things.

Things WILL change. Your very post is the epitome of why we fired Callahan/Cosgrove. There is no "if."

Plain and simple, Bill Callahan could not develop the supposed-talent he brought in. He simply assumed that his Lemming-assisted 4 and 5-Star talent would learn his NFL-style offense. A'hem...sorry Billy, you need to COACH your players.

People here constantly say, "well, we had all kinds of 3-4-5 star talent....and look where that got us!" The problem here was the development of that talent. Callahan is an NFL guy. Period. He doesn't DEVELOP talent...he UTILIZES it.

On a lighter note:

We're currently ranked 13th on the recruiting list. This is also after Blaine Gabbert has defected on us; that dropped our ranking down.

Then we have Jonas Gray...a kid I was sooo excited to have at Nebraska...de-commit. AND THEN COMMIT TO NOTRE DAME! I don't know what hurts more, a good RB de-committing from Nebraska...or a good RB committing to Charlie Weis's offense.

After those two, main de-commits...we currently stand 13th on the list. Dan Hoch, lately, has drawn my eye. He visited Mizzori this weekend.

We'll just have to wait and see if these recruits want to play for a consistently-great, University of Nebraska, or a flash-in-the-pan University like Missouri or Kansas.

you can bet our class ranking as of december 10th 2007 will take a hit with the de-commit of shaun mohler.

i dont buy into the recruiting rankings until after signing day....for these very reasons

you can bet our class ranking as of december 10th 2007 will take a hit with the de-commit of shaun mohler.

i dont buy into the recruiting rankings until after signing day....for these very reasons

Why is Shaun Mohler not listed on Nebraska's commitment list? I saw he was listed on Scout.com...but the #13 ranking is Rivals. I know these are all blah-blah...but why isn't this guy listed on rivals?