Are you a hater?

Fanatic

What genre do you belong under?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope for the most part that the majority of the posts are positive about the team generally. Sure, people can get negative when the team struggles but we've been spoiled with so many great teams there is no reason we won't be again. IMO the WC offense or BC's version should improve and become more and more effective if not next year then the year after with all the good recruits maturing.

Look at our history. How could anyone not love the HUSKERS whether thin or flush.

GBR now and until they throw dirt in my face. :horns2

Well, I don't think anyone who genuinely is a hater will vote. Some people don't know if they are haters or not. I will offer a brief test so that one can tell if you are indeed "a hater."

1. Your name on this message board is former fan

2. You think Callahan only made it to the Super Bowl cuz it was Gruden's team.

3. You think Nebraska having a top recruiting class is a bad thing.

4. You think all athletes coming in are "me-first".

5. You think all athletes coming in are stupid.

6. You hate the west coast offense, yet don't know much about it.

7. You hate every coach and player that isn't from Nebraska.

8. You listen to what Andy Birkel has to say.

9. You think every player hates Callahan because you do.

10. You pick against your "favorite" team every single week in the score contest.

11. You think Callahan has promised starting jobs to every recruit.

12. You think Penn State was the national champion in 1994.

If you can answer "yes" to 3 or more of the above questions, then you are a hater.

Go Pederson? Excuse me........I just vomited in my mouth a little....ok I'm better. I guess you could call me a hater because I think Pedersen is ruining the tradition I grew up with and he has brought in a guy who I think couldn't coach a 5th grade kickball team. That being said, I love this board because it gives me a place to discuss debate how I feel with other fans. And as I've said before, I'm not to proud to admit that I was wrong about Callahan if things turn out ok in a couple of years.

And as I've said before, I'm not to proud to admit that I was wrong about Callahan if things turn out ok in a couple of years.

That shows a lot of character on your part Utah. I wasn't a fan of the way Solich was fired, but when coaches started turning us down from all directions I became very concerned. I thought we got a pretty good coach in the end. And let's remember as well that SP is a 'Nebraska Boy' that resurrected a tired Pitt program before coming here. And he came here because Billy Boy ran down to ATM. Were there other AD's at the time that were as eager as SP to come in here and take over? I'm curious, because I really don't remember if there were any other qualified candidates.

Well, I thought I was a betweener and voted that way until I read the requirements where if you were 3 of the 12 or whatever, you were a hater. So, I guess I have to label myself following those criteria a hater. There were several games where I bet the spread against the Huskers becausse lets face it our offense was terrible. I do listen to what players have to say especially when they leave the program because my philosophy has always been "Where there's smoke there's fire". I don't like the WCO because I haven't seen it successfully run yet by a program in the Midwest. Until I do, give me a KState offense any day with Roberson or Bishop type player at QB.

For everyone saying they love what BC is doing, I have to ask what exactly is he doing? He's having a great recruiting season. Is this what you are talking about? He had the worst season in 40 years, and I damn sure hope this isn't what you are talking about! Other than the recruiting, what is he doing that you love? If it's because he called the OU fans F--king Hillbillies, then we had that with Pelini why change? I'm still not sure what to think of BC. We play an outstanding game against Mizzou only to play like donkey doo the rest of our games. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for two more years, but at this time the only thing he has done to impress me is his recruiting.

Because I think our offense will struggle again next year, I will again be betting at least half of the games against the Huskers with the spread. It has nothing to do with not being a fan, but rather it has to do with being realistic. I did the same thing in 1998 and 2002 when Solich was the coach because I knew we were going to have a QB without any experience. Hopefully with the stable of RB's next season, the play calling will be more runs than passes. However, after seeing a game when we put it up in the air 50 times I doubt we see much of this. Our QB no matter who wins the starting position will be a liability next year IMO. Considering Wisconsin NEVER!!!!!!! had an intimidating D when Cosgrove was there, I just don't expect much on that side of the ball. Cos and Pud are liabilities right now, but I do agree that we don't need our 4th consecutive D Cordinator in 4 years right now.

For everyone saying they love what BC is doing, I have to ask what exactly is he doing? He's having a great recruiting season. Is this what you are talking about? He had the worst season in 40 years, and I damn sure hope this isn't what you are talking about! Other than the recruiting, what is he doing that you love? If it's because he called the OU fans F--king Hillbillies, then we had that with Pelini why change? I'm still not sure what to think of BC. We play an outstanding game against Mizzou only to play like donkey doo the rest of our games. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for two more years, but at this time the only thing he has done to impress me is his recruiting.

We played outstanding against Mizzu? Were you watching the same game? We played like ass, they just played like a little more ass. Their mistakes were much greater than ours, that's why they lost. Our D played pretty well, but they suspended their RB that week and Pinkel's system he tried designing for Smith was run almost as bad as the system Dailey tried running. Neither QB was a fit for the system, but at least Callahan is trying to get the player to fit his system. And we had the worst season in 40 years just 2 short years ago, and this season was just a bit worse, just like the players. Thank the Lord Pederson came in when he did to salvage this program, or next year might have won 1 or 2 games with the people that were being put on the field every game. Hail BC and SP!

We played outstanding against Mizzu? Were you watching the same game? We played like ass, they just played like a little more ass. Their mistakes were much greater than ours, that's why they lost. Our D played pretty well, but they suspended their RB that week and Pinkel's system he tried designing for Smith was run almost as bad as the system Dailey tried running. Neither QB was a fit for the system, but at least Callahan is trying to get the player to fit his system. And we had the worst season in 40 years just 2 short years ago, and this season was just a bit worse, just like the players. Thank the Lord Pederson came in when he did to salvage this program, or next year might have won 1 or 2 games with the people that were being put on the field every game. Hail BC and SP!

If Jesus would have been a football player, he would have been the greatest player ever! This makes about as much sense as your last statement about winning only 1 or 2 games next year. All of you guys praising BC and Pud are as unrealistic in your comments as some of us who question their abilities are.

You can deny and make up as many excuses that you want to for Pud, but he is giving NU a black eye right now with the things he is doing. I don't know how it went down with the game with Houston, but I do know that NU was clouded in a negative light in the fiasco. There were coaches who were contacted after Solich's firing who even said the situation was handled horribly. Ferentz who is heavily sought after even made comments about it. So, to say Pud is all great is simply ignoring the situation. BC did no wrong other than maybe taking the job at NU. None of us know how we will do next year or the year after. However, none of us know how Solich would have done this year or next year either.

IMO, praising Pud is rediculous. BC can be praised for his recruiting, but until he shows us more that's about it. We don't know how this will shake out. Could it be like USC with Pete Carroll? Yes it could. However, it could also be like OU when they fired Gibbs and hired Blake. Until more of a track record is established, it is unfair to praise or condemn BC. Yet, Pud has been around long enough and established a track record. It is less than stellar at this time!

I'm a betweener - although I don't like some of the things I'm hearing about Calahan, given the recruiting class he's got so far, I've got to think that he's not a complete jerk if he's able to sell the program as well as demonstrated.

That being said, I don't like the WCO in college at all. It's too complicated, and requires a truly seasoned or uniquely intelligent QB to get it right and be successful consistently.

QB's don't really mature in college that well (I've yet to see a rookie QB really make an impact in the NFL. At least, not in recent memory). So the chances of being able to use the WCO to its fullest is limited to personnel - and that's a dangerous position to be in.

Given the best offenses in IA the past few years were option variants (the Meyer or Petrino style spread option or the Hawkins style quick-pass option) I think this is a trend that will gain some momentum (and would have been an easier transition for NU to have made, I think).

And even though an option variant requires a smart QB to run, the number of decisions that need to be made is many time smaller than the WCO.

So, in a way, I think the WCO's time has come and gone and going through the pains of adopting it will make NU, once again, a bit behind the times.

Calahan has an opportunity to to work in his present players and learn from his mistakes. To reach a position like he's reached requires being smart and skilled in his job, so I'm not ready to call it quits on him just yet.

Maybe I'm not so much a between as I'm just in a wait-and-see mode.

IRISH!

Great post Irish, and I agree almost 100%. I praise Pederson because he did something that he knew would not go over very well. I'll say again, I don't like how he did it, I just like that it was done. I think he does things he believes to be in the best interests of NU, but they don't always come off looking too good. I'm just saying I'm on board, waiting to see what happens, and I'm not going to be pissed off every day because I don't like the AD or the coach.

The offense? It may work. Callahan is still adjusting, and has been here less than a year. If Beck or Adams get in there and can't run it, I would hope Callahan would see that he needs to tweak things to make it work. Hell, in a year or two, if we continue to be mediocre I'll probably be as bitter and hostile as formerfan, but I'll give them a chance for a while.