Is NU breaking any rules?

huskerstag

I was just wondering...

Is NU breaking any rules by allowing Pelini to coach LSU in the BCS title game? I assume not since I haven't heard anything about it. But if Pelini is already under contract when the game is played, wouldn't LSU, in effect, be using another program's employee and resources to help them win the BCS title?

If there's no rule against this, then couldn't Texas bring back Gene Chizik to help coach their defense (if he would agree to it)? Could some team have Charlie Wies help coach their offense?

It seems like there's got to be some rule against this, but I don't hear anything about it. As anal as the NCAA can be, it seems like they'd be all over this.

The situation is rather unique considering the dead period in recruiting. I don't personally have a problem with Pelini coaching the game, and since LSU hasn't found a new defensive coordinator, I don't know what the issue would be if both schools are willing to allow it. He's technically employed at LSU until the end of the year, and he hasn't technically signed a contract at Nebraska yet (from what I last heard––that might have changed already).

X

I remember reading an article that mentioned 3-4 other coaches that have done it in the past. My guess is that they figured since the NCAA didn't have an issue with them, it would be ok.

Having said that, does anyone honestly think that TO, BO, and LSU would NOT consult someone with the NCAA to make sure it's ok?

I was just wondering...

Is NU breaking any rules by allowing Pelini to coach LSU in the BCS title game? I assume not since I haven't heard anything about it. But if Pelini is already under contract when the game is played, wouldn't LSU, in effect, be using another program's employee and resources to help them win the BCS title?

If there's no rule against this, then couldn't Texas bring back Gene Chizik to help coach their defense (if he would agree to it)? Could some team have Charlie Wies help coach their offense?

It seems like there's got to be some rule against this, but I don't hear anything about it. As anal as the NCAA can be, it seems like they'd be all over this.

Why would anybody want Charlie Weiss to coach their offense? That dude sucks at life. The only reason that anybody thought he was any good at offense at all was because Tom Brady produced. I can't stand the Patriots but Tom Brady has got to be mentioned as one of the top clutch quarterbacks of all time. He's accurate, smart, and plays with intensity. Plus, he's still producing without the "offensive genius" of Weiss. With their record from last year looks to me like ND got ripped off. With the supposed talent that he had they were easily a bowl eligible team and Weiss somehow managed to screw that up.

Sorry for the rant, I just can't stand that fat ass Weiss!! What a joke!!

I was just wondering...

I don't think Bo has even signed a contract yet. So it may be a mute point at this juncture. As of now, T.O. is still interim head coach, I believe. That's why he is still recruiting. I may be wrong but I have not seen any contract details for Bo yet.

This isn't breaking any laws or rules. As been said, it sounds as if Pelini hasn't even signed his contract with Nebraska yet. So in turn, Pelini is still under contract with LSU while working for Nebraska for free on the side. Even if he has signed the contract, who is to say it the actual 'job' doesn't officially begin on Jan. 2, 2008?

Something else to keep in mind, there could be a conflict of interest case, but one of the schools would have to file suit...and that just isn't going to happen.