Expect Dave Kennedy to be named new Strengthand Conditioning Coach at Texas A&M University.

This is from a source that has been right 95% or more of the time and had the Sherman hire pegged before anyone else knew he was a candidate.

S&C sucked under him here. Some have said he was just following orders from the football-staff and not doing his own deal. You better hope that is true, otherwise prepare to be bloated and slow.

as an athlete who has worked under him, good riddance. I don't think that he would work out there either.

What was your biggest complaints about him? What sport did you participate in?

edit: I guess that last question is kind of dumb considering your name on the board :)

as an athlete who has worked under him, good riddance. I don't think that he would work out there either.

edit: I guess that last question is kind of dumb considering your name on the board :)

The sport? you got it....as for the complaint...it was a combination. I came to NU at semester a couple of years ago, and within the first week I was there, I got yelled out in front of everybody twice! It really tainted my impression of the guy. I have never spoke to the guy except the two times. People will say that he "coached" everybody, that is a lie. He only worked with Football and only football. I have talked with several players who weren't fond of him as well (football players). His was also very disconnected with his staff in the weightroom (laura, fish, brian, and mike)

The sport? you got it....as for the complaint...it was a combination. I came to NU at semester a couple of years ago, and within the first week I was there, I got yelled out in front of everybody twice! It really tainted my impression of the guy. I have never spoke to the guy except the two times. People will say that he "coached" everybody, that is a lie. He only worked with Football and only football. I have talked with several players who weren't fond of him as well (football players). His was also very disconnected with his staff in the weightroom (laura, fish, brian, and mike)

Sounds par for the course for the last four years. So glad that era is over and we will have a first-rate S&C program again.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of factors that go into the Strength and Conditioning of players. From our perspective, we really hav no way to go but up. Personally, I think that this is a solid hire. Most people I have spoken to are of the same opinion.

After hearing all the complaints on here about how inadequate of a S&C coach he was, what makes you think it's such a solid hire?

Also I don't know a whole lot more about Kennedy than you guys, but ask could it have had anything to do with Callahan being a micro-managing control freak from everything all the way down to the weight room (trust me, it happens).

Or, why did Eddie George, Larry Fitzgerald, and Joey Galloway actually traveled to freaking Lincoln, Nebraska during an off-season or two to train with him.