I knew we would lose some players...

Speculation is that Hawkins is telling the recruits that Bo not having a contract means there may be a fallout between him and TO. I don't know if that's what Hawkins is actually saying, but it makes sense since that's probably what I'd do if the reverse was happening. Recruiting is completely fluid until the name is on the dotted line. We're going to lose some more, we're going to get some back, and we're going to get some others that will appear on the radar in January.

but this is getting bad. I hope Bo can stop the hemorrhaging.... I think one of the best things that could happen is if LSU's D looked incredible and they win the title. I would like to know what hawkins is telling our recruits.

I still say that Pellini coaching for LSU in the MNC game does NU more harm than good.

I still say that Pellini coaching for LSU in the MNC game does NU more harm than good.

Edit....Saw a response on another post that answered my Q.

Was that a reply to my posting? I don't get it. Then again, I never knew what the "Edit" preface meant, either, although I see it from time to time. Did I break some kind of rule? Seriously. I like this board.

but this is getting bad. I hope Bo can stop the hemorrhaging.... I think one of the best things that could happen is if LSU's D looked incredible and they win the title. I would like to know what hawkins is telling our recruits.

and your reasoning is?...............

My reasoning? I wouldn't give it much credibility. I'm wrong about half of the time.

I just have a feeling that it isn't nearly so well received in the rest of the nation. It gives the appearance that Pellini is just a "part time" coach at NU, and that he isn't fully committed to the Huskers. After all . . . in a very important time as new HC at Nebraska . . . he leaves his team and returns to his old one. I don't much care for the idea of that.

Also, if LSU looks really good . . . will recruits be attracted to Pellini, or LSU? Which do you think that they will remember about the game?

Also, Pellini already seems to have a dubious reputation elsewhere, but I don't know why. People are joking about NU's selection as new HC, but we shall see.

My reasoning? I wouldn't give it much credibility. I'm wrong about half of the time.

I just have a feeling that it isn't nearly so well received in the rest of the nation. It gives the appearance that Pellini is just a "part time" coach at NU, and that he isn't fully committed to the Huskers. After all . . . in a very important time as new HC at Nebraska . . . he leaves his team and returns to his old one. I don't much care for the idea of that.

Also, if LSU looks really good . . . will recruits be attracted to Pellini, or LSU? Which do you think that they will remember about the game?

Also, Pellini already seems to have a dubious reputation elsewhere, but I don't know why. People are joking about NU's selection as new HC, but we shall see.

It shows he's dedicated to what he's doing and dedicated to his players. My guess is he's not doing it for LSU, but doing it for the players. People can joke all they want cause almost every hire has some sort of negative to it. Most other teams know if we had half a defense we would have been a tough team to beat.

It shows he's dedicated to what he's doing and dedicated to his players. My guess is he's not doing it for LSU, but doing it for the players. People can joke all they want cause almost every hire has some sort of negative to it. Most other teams know if we had half a defense we would have been a tough team to beat.

We'll sure agree on that. Whatever happened on defense--and it went far beyond lack of talent, or conditioning, or game planning--destroyed the entire team. With a good defense, that might have been a 10-2 season. Or better.

I'll always say the talent and coaching was there. The chemistry was not.

Coaching was obviously not there, talent likely was.

I may be in the minority, but if these kids were more committed to Calllllllahan and his staff then they were to the University of Nebraska, I say "See ya!!!!!!" The last thing we need is a bunch of heartless, gutless, soft Calllllllahan recruits to be in the top 10 per Rivals recruiting rankings, but are in the bottom half of the rankings for all of Division 1.

I may be in the minority, but if these kids were more committed to Calllllllahan and his staff then they were to the University of Nebraska, I say "See ya!!!!!!" The last thing we need is a bunch of heartless, gutless, soft Calllllllahan recruits to be in the top 10 per Rivals recruiting rankings, but are in the bottom half of the rankings for all of Division 1.

I think that the issue is not that they were so committed to Callahan (though that may be modestly the case) --- it was more that two years ago the team was OK and at the beginning of this past season when most of the recruits were courted, the team looked to be improving. When these guys were considering us, we were ranked and had a reasonable record. Then...

Then the recruits see 6 losses in seven games. They see blowout after blowout. They see heartless play. AND they see a coaching change. Basically kids that have options and have no inherent alliance to any program will rather play for winners than losers. Right now, NU is a losing program. So, the recruits simply are going where they think they can win.

The new coaching staff is not flashy --- several graduate assistants, some unemployed guys from lesser programs, a coaches brother who was a High School coach a few years ago and was at Ohio since. No, this is not the type of staff that recruits will think will overcome the recent losing trends at NU (at ND for example, they are also a losing program at the moment, but the perception is that their staff will overcome this -- and so they can get some recruits --- our staff does not, on paper, inspire such confidence). This is an easy staff for competing schools to recruit against. So, what we are seeing is what one would expect. Recruits are exercising better options.

So we are relegated to going without major recruits until this program can put together something positive. Perhaps the staff is a good one --- they are unproven and, on paper, are not going to impress recruits. But they may, in fact, be good. But it will take time to convince recruits that that is the case. I would expect that NU recruiting will be down for some time --- until they can show something. It may take two or so years before NU recruits well (and then only if the results are there on the field beforehand).

As for current recruits, expect most to head for greener pastures.

If that's why they were only interested in coming, sure.

But, BC was long gone and the recruits stayed put till a new HC was named and he came to speak with them. It was only after they met with Pelini that the exodus began.

This makes me think it has more to do with Bo scaring them away than with them beind loyal to BC.

The Koolaid Sipping Command Posts "commit" list is now down to 17--that means there are still about 6 left to bolt.

I say let 'em leave and pull their offers if they're taking visits...and knock 'em off the "commit list" ASAP. :box:box:box