Kuli & Compton Decommit

Both still have us as favorites but I'm sure they are just gradually getting away from us... first you soft verbal, but say your still committed, then you decommit, and soon after that team is magically out of it...

Makes no sense :madash

We should just start offering some more in state kids at least its in their heart to play here

I've heard Compton is between Missouri and Illinois.

Interesting. Something is chasing these kids away from NU.

Could it be 6 losses in seven games? Or might it be no bowl game? Or could it be blow out after blow out? Could it be that Missouri and Illinois have had recently good seasons, are playing in bowls and have what appears to be programs on the rise?

There is no mystery here. Recruits go with winners ( or , at least, perceived winners). History counts for little. Where are you now counts for much. Right now NU is not a winner. Missouri and Illinois are. It is very simple. Until NU wins, this will be the case.

Bo and company will have to produce before any recruits with choices will choose NU.

Could it be 6 losses in seven games? Or might it be no bowl game? Or could it be blow out after blow out? Could it be that Missouri and Illinois have had recently good seasons, are playing in bowls and have what appears to be programs on the rise?

There is no mystery here. Recruits go with winners ( or , at least, perceived winners). History counts for little. Where are you now counts for much. Right now NU is not a winner. Missouri and Illinois are. It is very simple. Until NU wins, this will be the case.

Bo and company will have to produce before any recruits with choices will choose NU.

....or could it be the knock on Bo Pelini which is, he cannot recruit. time will tell.

Exactly!! Let's hope LSU destroys Ohio State. That could help the Huskers in January.

Exactly!! Let's hope LSU destroys Ohio State. That could help the Huskers in January.

Yeah, or LSU's D gets shredded and it gets even worse. I think things will get worse before they get better, and hopefully they do end up getting better soon. Pelini has his work cut out for him.

Guys, these kids had long term relationship building with the previous staff, and the same goes with coaches from opposing schools. You have to expect we would lose a number of recruits when this new coaching staff has had only two weeks to relationship build verses opposing coaches who have had perhaps a two-year history with the recruits. Don't kid yourself. Our new staff is at a great disadvantage. There are exceptions of course, but these kids -- the ones who are decommiting -- generally feel more comfortable with the coaches they know the best. They just don't know our coaches enough.

As for Kuli, he probably would have decommited no matter who the coaching staff is here. Remember, even if Callahan was still here and had a successful season, four or five commitments would not come here anyway.

Guys, these kids had long term relationship building with the previous staff, and the same goes with coaches from opposing schools. You have to expect we would lose a number of recruits when this new coaching staff has had only two weeks to relationship build verses opposing coaches who have had perhaps a two-year history with the recruits. Don't kid yourself. Our new staff is at a great disadvantage. There are exceptions of course, but these kids -- the ones who are decommiting -- generally feel more comfortable with the coaches they know the best. They just don't know our coaches enough.

As for Kuli, he probably would have decommited no matter who the coaching staff is here. Remember, even if Callahan was still here and had a successful season, four or five commitments would not come here anyway.

i could buy the relationship with the previous coach as the reason. But why didn't they leave as soon as they found out those coaches wouldn't be back? Instead, they waited to meet Bo and then they left.

I think it is ridiculous. The offense is going to remain the same, for the most part and the defense can only be upgraded. I find it ridiculous that these kids have 0 commitment to the university and are tied to a coach. I guess that is just how it is now.

I think it is ridiculous. The offense is going to remain the same, for the most part and the defense can only be upgraded. I find it ridiculous that these kids have 0 commitment to the university and are tied to a coach. I guess that is just how it is now.

Really I think it is simple --- kids want to win. If they have choices (in that multiple programs have given them offers) they will choose far more often than not that program that they feel has the best chance of winning (and, at the same time, where they also feel comfortable with the coaches --- those they will work with and for each day). Right now there are many, many programs that have better prospectus for winning than does NU. So, most will opt elsewhere. Until we win some this will not change. Losing teams tend to get recruits who were overlooked elsewhere. NU is a losing team. The new staff will have to take what they can and hope to do something with it.

Kuli and others had better options. More power to them.