NU gets "C+" grade from ESPN on hiring process

f#*k ESPN. When have they ever been right on predictions?

wasn't USC supposed to be this amazing powerhouse this year? And even Nebraska was picked as winning the North.

Looks like someone goofed on those and many other picks.

I doubt they do much better when rating what kind of coaching staff we have hired. I'm much more inclined to trust TO's ranking of Pelini than ESPN's....when was the last time EPSN won a NC?

Almost everyone on here has said that "we want kids to come to NU who want to play for NU not at Nu".

Well in my opinion if you want that from your players shouldn't you want that from your coach as well? TO

saw that Bo wasn't in it for money and frankly TO was not going to pay the money some of these "big"

names are getting. We got a man of integrity, fire and passion who loves Husker football!! we'll be just fine!! :thumbs

Seriously speaking what can one think of an organization that relies on "close sources" for its articles. Espn has a lot of crap that nobody ever really wants to see. For example, who really cares about who was at Taylor's funeral. I understand that it was an unfortunate incident but he is just another person that died along with the thousands of others by drive by shootings. :boxosoap

"The likelyhood to hire a proven coach that would have Pelini's passion for this program and this be his number 1 job would be slim to none. There are far more positives here than negatives. Plus, I think he has matured in four years. It's a decent risk. And I see the chances of him staying longer here are greater than if NU hired a proven coach from the outside."

--------------------------------------------

ESPN is using a simple checklist type of rating. Previous head coach experience: No Check.

It's something to consider, but fails to look closely at the situation. Bo is a defensive expert, which is what we need. Every time I hear how Bo's athletes are motivated, I am struck by the wisdom of the choice.

GBR