Recruits May Have Been Upset About Coaching Change, But Current Players Weren't

huskerguy

im not sure what you mean, im just saying these recruting losses are really going to hurt this team. we would have been better off keeping Callahan to see what he could do with them. i dont see how we are going to be better by losing them thats crazy talk

How many blown games and seasons do you give a coach? You can make so many of these same arguments at the end of every season. The fact is that BC STARTED in 2004 with a reasonably talented team, great facilities, a great fan base, A national recruiting apparatus...everything he needed and then some. And a huge salary to top it off.

How many blown games and seasons do you give a coach?

Ask Kansas or Missouri how many bad seasons a coach should get. It took both coaches about SIX seasons, all of manginos previous five seasons sucked, pretty much the same with pinkie.

The fact is that BC STARTED in 2004 with a reasonably talented team

ah many revisionists.

A great many folks argued that the cupboards were bare when Cally took over. Others bragged on cally's recruiting classes. In fact, before the 2007 season, MOST thought the corner was turned. What a difference a year can make!!

a great fan base

One bad season for the fans, may have cost a 7-7 Solich his job, definitely cost a struggling Cally his.

But opinons vary...

Maybe the right staff is n place now.

Time will tell.

GO BO!!

Well, Pinkel and Mangino didn't start with a team that had just gone 10-3 the previous year.. I know about Frank's 7-7, but when you consider his entire tenure the team was in decent shape overall.. in an obvious decline, but still in decent shape. Definitely not cause to have his job terminated, especially after he beat CU that year. I suspect KU and MU were behind NU in other things like facilities as well at the time.

No The cupboards were NOT bare. They just weren't up to the standards TO set. NU had plenty of great football players in 2003 even if they weren't in the right positions. The talent was there. Jamal Lord and Joe Dailey for example were two great athletes, and great FOOTBALL PLAYERS that should have been at positions other than quarterback.

Callahan and Cosgrove came in and changed systems which meant those guys didn't fit as well as they did anymore. Plus some ignorant play calling and such resulted in the 5-6 season.

As far as THIS season, Callahan SHOULD have been able to be competitive in every game. If they could have played all year like the first half against USC Callahan would likely be in the Fiesta Bowl instead of Oklahoma. I'm guessing Pinkel or Hawkins WOULD have been with the players we've got right now. And there's the thing that gets me about the old staff..anybody else would have been at least division champions with the squad NU had this year. So why do we have a collapse of this magnitude?

It comes down to coaching...to system. Callahan/Cosgrove's system could go so far, but couldn't sustain itself. Only the cream rises to the top.

sunshine and lollipops was apparently watching our team in an alternate reality...

No, actually it was all of you who were apparently watching our team in an alternate reality for the past few years. At the beginning of the season, YOU ALL were the ones spewing the type of crap I've been spewing the last couple days, and I was the one who was saying what you're saying now. I was also taken to task when I suggested we may finish 5th in the Big XII North and...well...guess where we finished? I'll give you a hint: it wasn't 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th! And what do I get for being right? BANNED!

Enjoy you're little circle-jerk over here, losers, because you've just been troll'd. Merry Christmas bitches!

Wow. How unbelievably pathetic.

sunshine and lollipops was apparently watching our team in an alternate reality...

No, actually it was all of you who were apparently watching our team in an alternate reality for the past few years. At the beginning of the season, YOU ALL were the ones spewing the type of crap I've been spewing the last couple days, and I was the one who was saying what you're saying now. I was also taken to task when I suggested we may finish 5th in the Big XII North and...well...guess where we finished? I'll give you a hint: it wasn't 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th! And what do I get for being right? BANNED!

Enjoy you're little circle-jerk over here, losers, because you've just been troll'd. Merry Christmas bitches!

Wow. How unbelievably pathetic.

i was thinking just plain juvenile, actually.