Recruits May Have Been Upset About Coaching Change, But Current Players Weren't

huskerguy

Why the hell would anyone want Callahan back next year? What so we can lose more games because the defense would still be god awful with Cosgrove. With Callahan's stupid overly complicated system confusing all the players and never making adjustments. Anyone who says Callahan just 'needed more time' is an idiot. Yeah we might not get that many good recruits this year, but just imagine if we kept Cally around, had some more of these sh**ty losing seasons, and see how many good recruits would come here. Plus all these overhyped recruits have yet to produce. We had "good" recruiting classes under BC but it didn't even really help. Our savior Harrison Beck transferred. Lucky is an average back at best. The big recruits just never really seemed to pan out. So lets just see what these new guys can do here. I'm sure they will be a lot better than last years clowns.

im not sure what you mean, im just saying these recruting losses are really going to hurt this team. we would have been better off keeping Callahan to see what he could do with them. i dont see how we are going to be better by losing them thats crazy talk

How many blown games and seasons do you give a coach? You can make so many of these same arguments at the end of every season. The fact is that BC STARTED in 2004 with a reasonably talented team, great facilities, a great fan base, A national recruiting apparatus...everything he needed and then some. And a huge salary to top it off.

Simply put, if you accept a salary like his to do a job, your employer has every right in the world to expect performace and result equal to that salary in a reasonable amount of time. In his fourth year, BC and crew *SHOULD* have been competitive with just about anybody on the schedule. Everybody in the whole country thought so. He wasn't though. He had a near complete meltdown.

I asked this before, I'll ask you now ... if that's the best we get in year 4, exactly what do you expect in year 5? year 6? Year 7? How long do we have to wait at a cost of $1.76 million a year plus bonuses and incentives, just to get to a point of being a consistantly average team?

Future recruits also would have like an answer to that one..... In ANY other business, Callahan wouldn't even have survived four years producing the kinds of results he did here. How quick would General Electric, or AT&T or General Motors have gotten rid of him? He had plenty of 'Chance'. Frank Solich was fired for FAR less.

I was against the people that wanted to get rid of Ozzy for not winning "the Big One"

I was against it when ND got rid of Faust.

I was against it when OU got rid of Gibbs.

I was against it when NU got rid of Solich.

I was against it when UF got rid of Zook.

I was against it when ASU got rid of Koetter. (Mostly)

I've never supported the "Revolving Door" policy in dealing with Football Coaches.

But I've pretty much wanted Callihan gone since the day after he was hired.

Just seemed wrong for this job.

I was against the people that wanted to get rid of Ozzy for not winning "the Big One"

I was against it when ND got rid of Faust.

I was against it when OU got rid of Gibbs.

I was against it when NU got rid of Solich.

I was against it when UF got rid of Zook.

I was against it when ASU got rid of Koetter. (Mostly)

I've never supported the "Revolving Door" policy in dealing with Football Coaches.

But I've pretty much wanted Callihan gone since the day after he was hired.

Just seemed wrong for this job.

:yeah

I agree with everything you just stated. On ESPN, they talked about teams who are now getting rid of coaches that they shouldn't. I believe the one they were talking about was Miss State or someone that has led their team to a bowl game 11 out of the last 12 years but was forced out or forced to resign. I really think Gibbs laid all the groundwork for OU to be where they are now. He took a team decimated by NCAA sanctions and probation. He had them going in the right direction before OU got anxious and leaped to Schnellenburger (sp) and Blake before getting lucky and landing Stoops. Zook must be a fairly decent coach taking Illinois to a BCS bowl, and we know the man can recruit seeing how Florida won the NC last year with his recruits. He needed more time. Solich won like 75% of his games, and he made it to the NC game. I think you are spot on with the coaches you named needing more time.

I had great concerns when Solich was fired and BC was brought in. The biggest concern to me at the time was who would even apply to be the HC at NU after seeing a HC fired for winning 75% of his games? The next biggest concern came about by the amount of time it took to get a HC. Then, we only had one person doing the searching. Finally, we ended up hiring a guy just because he was out of a job and available. When BC was announced as our HC, I was extremely troubled considering the mess he'd made of the Raiders. However, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I was so relieved we didn't get "Stache". I never really thought Clownahan had lost the team here like he did in Oakland until Homecoming against Okie State. After that game, I knew we were in a freefall downward.

Looking back at it now, I still think it's amazing and shows the character of the team in 2004 that they didn't just fold like this year's team did. When we got embarrassed by Texas Tech in 2004, we still continued to play football. I'm not sure if it was because of the kids we had playing then versus now or what, but this year's team would have folded like a lawn chair after a game like that. I think this past year's team pretty much mailed in the season after the USC game.

Strange, isn't it, how totally intolerant of other opinions we are. Last year offseason it was guys who downed Callahan that were scoffed at. It's an opinion, guys, chill...I think we're moving in the right direction, but not every person who's a Husker fan has to.

I have to agree.....he is offering an opinion. It may not be the same opinion as most, but I do not get the sense S&L was trolling.

wait until next year we will see who is happy that Callahan is gone when we lose even more games

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

You always make such plesant posts.

>>>T_O_B

:madash :madash :madash:madash:madash:madash

i don't think we will have any trouble going 5-7 or better next year s&l.......although the picture may not be a bright as we would like, it damn sure ain't doom and gloom either...at least we won't have to hear the same lame coachspeak again, cally was so famous for.....watson will prove to be a better O play caller than cally was, IMO.

i am not trolling all these coaching changes are bad for the program

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

2 out of 4 losing losing seasons.

2 years, no bowl game.

A once proud defence totally destroyed.

Streak after streak broken until the only one left is the one that is controled by Husker Family. Amazing Callahan and Staff just couldn't keep us out of memorial stadium, no matter how hard they tried.

Is this the type of program you want to see at Nebraska and what is it that made you think things were going to get any better? Callahan's teams, even when winning, were never very impressive, in far too many games you came away feeling like we had lost even though we won, case in point Ball State this year. You need to take off the blinders and see the situation for what it was and realize that things were just getting worse. Was the defence going to get any better? They were on a four year downhill slide and the slope was just getting steeper. Were you even remotely impressed with the offence? The only time they really looked good this year was after Keller got hurt. If he had stayed healthy who knows we may have lost to K-State too.

Sorry pal. You are just plain wrong.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

sunshine and lollipops was apparently watching our team in an alternate reality...

No, actually it was all of you who were apparently watching our team in an alternate reality for the past few years. At the beginning of the season, YOU ALL were the ones spewing the type of crap I've been spewing the last couple days, and I was the one who was saying what you're saying now. I was also taken to task when I suggested we may finish 5th in the Big XII North and...well...guess where we finished? I'll give you a hint: it wasn't 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th! And what do I get for being right? BANNED!

Enjoy you're little circle-jerk over here, losers, because you've just been troll'd. Merry Christmas bitches!