Recruits May Have Been Upset About Coaching Change, But Current Players Weren't

huskerguy

it doesnt matter who we have if the fans dont support them Callahan just needed more time

IF... IF Callahan made some coaching changes halfway through the year the MAYBE I would have supported him to be here again next year, but with how he put his personal friendships ahead of the best interests of the team then thats not someone I want for a Coach. Callahan was NOT a good head coach. Period. We won't lose anywhere near as many games as we did this year. GTFO of here with that bullsh#t.

While it is great to "ignore" 'sunshine and lollipops' which I have done, if other people here "quote" his posts and respond to them, then it negates the effectiveness of 'ignoring" because I still see the posts by whomever responds. My advice is for everyone to ignore 'sunshine and lollipops' so then the posts are truly forgotten, which they most definitely should be. Either that or do not quote his posts so then they won't show up in your post to reply. He has absolutely nothing of value to say in his posts. I am glad to ignore this person.

While it is great to "ignore" 'sunshine and lollipops' which I have done, if other people here "quote" his posts and respond to them, then it negates the effectiveness of 'ignoring" because I still see the posts by whomever responds. My advice is for everyone to ignore 'sunshine and lollipops' so then the posts are truly forgotten, which they most definitely should be. Either that or do not quote his posts so then they won't show up in your post to reply. He has absolutely nothing of value to say in his posts. I am glad to ignore this person.

:):)

I kind of like showing her to be the girl she is.

>>>T_O_B

:):)

im not sure what you mean, im just saying these recruting losses are really going to hurt this team. we would have been better off keeping Callahan to see what he could do with them. i dont see how we are going to be better by losing them thats crazy talk

I'm pretty sure, after two non bowl seasons out of four, that Nebraska kind of figured out how good Callahan was coaching wise.

i am a husker fan and these are all valid points Callahan never had full support from the fans

I was one of the last to get off of Callahan's Mardi Gras Parade...I defended his 'slashahan move', his 'hillbilly accusations', insult at me for stating it is too 'technical' for we the fans, the supporters, the donors that had high hopes.

I was embarrassed when we had family with Nebraska roots now living in California back for USC for a family reunion. Ugly. I was embarrassed when I took customers to Lincoln that are A&M grads to Lincoln with us. And to see Coach Fran try to run it up on us (because of his dislike for a fellow coach?) by going for two late in the game...If other coaches don't respect Callahan, then why should we?

Does the above paragraph make you uncomfortable in your allegiance to the loser Former Head Coach Bill Callahan? Get this. Texas A&M had a chance in the THIRD quarter to go for two because of a penalty against the 'skers after a quick touchdown. We debated among the group that I brought up from KS with the A&M ties that NOW is the time for TAM to put the game out of reach. They said no because take the sure point and my response was how many times in D Lane's career didn't he make 1 1/2 yards...and especially against our defense that beautiful day in downtown Lincoln.

Bitter yes...I drank the Kool Aid too long.

And to make matters worse...the block of tickets I had for the friends that I had I invited were over bought. I had persons backing out all week although I paid for their attendance. I ended up selling tickets for $10 each to a U student who then scalped them for a few bucks more as he certainly didn't show up in my "block".

im not sure what you mean, im just saying these recruting losses are really going to hurt this team. we would have been better off keeping Callahan to see what he could do with them. i dont see how we are going to be better by losing them thats crazy talk

Defend that position, fact is that the offense will be just as good if not better than this past season. And Pelini and Co WILL put the "fire" back in to the Husker's D. The '08 Huskers WILL go to a bowl and start the climb back to it's proper place in college football. If that bothers you then find a sCUm or KSUcks board to hang out on.