Ganz for Heisman

Theres no way in hell he will win the Heisman unless he just does awesome next year and we have a really good year. I don't think we'll get into the desperation passing mode that Cally always went into when we got behind and that inflated Ganz's numbers in the KU and CU game. He just had a great game against KSU. But we'll have to see how he does against a good defense first. His first real test will be versus Virginia Tech.

Well, the way VaTech played last night, maybe there's hope for the Big Red after all! :lol:

Theres no way in hell he will win the Heisman unless he just does awesome next year and we have a really good year. I don't think we'll get into the desperation passing mode that Cally always went into when we got behind and that inflated Ganz's numbers in the KU and CU game. He just had a great game against KSU. But we'll have to see how he does against a good defense first. His first real test will be versus Virginia Tech.

Well, the way VaTech played last night, maybe there's hope for the Big Red after all! :lol:

Kansas earned that win and they are for real. We will have to contend with them and Missouri next season.

It will be no cake walk in the Big 12 next year.

Kansas earned that win and they are for real. We will have to contend with them and Missouri next season.

It will be no cake walk in the Big 12 next year.

Sure it will --- for Kansas and Missouri. Seriously --- both are for real. And Colorado is improving a great deal as well. I would guess NU will improve a great deal. The pecking order may not change though.

I laughed in another of these threads where someone said they "expect" NU to overcome Kansas next year. Reverse the roles for a second --- say that we were 11-2 and finished in the top 6 in the nation (as Kansas did) and we return a great deal of our talent including a great and experienced QB and Kansas missed a bowl, was 5-7 and has more gaps to fill from graduation than us (as is the case for NU) --- and you heard their fans saying "I expect to overtake them next year." Would you not simply laugh?

As for Ganz --- he'll be good -- but the conference has 5-6 others who look to be as good or better. The nation? Probably 15-20. So, no Heisman, and likely no all conference 1st or second team either.

None of you have any idea of whethere he will or won't. None of you have a crystal ball. The only person in the world that can determine whether Joe Ganz wins the Heisman is Joe Ganz with the help of his team mates.

In a world where a guy like John David Booty was a heisman front runner before he ever took a snap in an actual game Joe Ganz has as much chance as anybody else. Just depends on whether the sprts media wants to hype him or not.

Personally I think he has the potential. Whether he realizes that potential or not..I have no clue. I think it would be fun to see him make a run at it, and if he produces at the same rate he did this year in 4 games (minus the interceptions), I think he might just get some attention. We'll see.

On the other hand, with myattitudes, if it were me I'm not sure I'd care about the Hypesman. It's really just a stupid popularity contest anyway.

Well....this thread has morphed.....

If Joe is healthy he is the starter

Joe will throw for ,or run for 5 TD's a game in the first 5 games....thats 25 td's

can we now talk Heisman?

he will have HUGE numbers agin the first 4 teams...and Yes this includes Vatech.........

Missouri is the only defense besides OU that will be able to slow him down and the best way to do that is to play alot of offense....which OU and MU can do but Vtech can't .hell....he rolled up KU's VAUNTED defense on a day when the Huskers were getting torched....all KU had to do was play the pass and he still torched them.........

then you think about Baylor ,ISU and KSU ...it's not hard to see him putting up 45+ td's and that folks is goin to get you invited to New York

go whine about what ever it is you want to whine about....this thread is about Ganz and his ability to score and score alot..........

I see the schedule, but my point is, Nebraska can pound those teams and Joe could easily just have 2-3 TDs instead of 5. Sustaining that pace would be nothing short of extraordinary.

I could not agree more.....but The Huskers don't have a NFL calibre Rb or WR and the defense seems to give him alot of room.....when they do try too stop him....he has been very good at hitting the open reciever ...also, He won't have Callahan getting in the way of calling a decent offensive game.....The Huskers are goin to run the football alot with Helu\ Lucky\ Castille...but when the chips are down and they need the tuff yards....Ganz will make the big plays.....his speed on the edge and his accurate passing make him very tough to defend.....he is better that Danile and Reesing running the ball and he has a better o-line and better returning talent in the backfield....yes 25 td's is stupid....but so is 18 in 3 games.....

I see the schedule, but my point is, Nebraska can pound those teams and Joe could easily just have 2-3 TDs instead of 5. Sustaining that pace would be nothing short of extraordinary.

I could not agree more.....but The Huskers don't have a NFL calibre Rb or WR and the defense seems to give him alot of room.....when they do try too stop him....he has been very good at hitting the open reciever ...also, He won't have Callahan getting in the way of calling a decent offensive game.....The Huskers are goin to run the football alot with Helu\ Lucky\ Castille...but when the chips are down and they need the tuff yards....Ganz will make the big plays.....his speed on the edge and his accurate passing make him very tough to defend.....he is better that Danile and Reesing running the ball and he has a better o-line and better returning talent in the backfield....yes 25 td's is stupid....but so is 18 in 3 games.....

Joe plays with a lot of guts. He gives 110%. He has made some big plays in a very short period of time.

5TD's a game?

Okay, I think you're getting carried away there......some assumptions are too big.

do you see the schedule?

the only way he does not get huge numbers is if Castille or Helu just go buck wild

If Ganz gets 5 TD's in our creampuff games, then something went awfully wrong. He shouldn't be in the game long enough to get 5 TD's unless we're also assuming we have no running game and no running TD's. In order for him to get his 5 TD's, we'll have to be in a shootout with a creampuff team. I hope our D is a little stiffer than that.

5TD's a game?

Okay, I think you're getting carried away there......some assumptions are too big.

do you see the schedule?

the only way he does not get huge numbers is if Castille or Helu just go buck wild

If Ganz gets 5 TD's in our creampuff games, then something went awfully wrong. He shouldn't be in the game long enough to get 5 TD's unless we're also assuming we have no running game and no running TD's. In order for him to get his 5 TD's, we'll have to be in a shootout with a creampuff team. I hope our D is a little stiffer than that.

Then Why does Tebow always carry the ball?

18 td's in 3 games.........what do you think he will do to the cream puffs?.....you could be right and pelini will use Witt and Lee......but that does not change the fact that Ganz can score ...and do it agin anyone.....