Pundits impressed by Pelini's showing

LJS Husker Extra

“Bo Pelini is the next Bob Stoops,” said Tony Barnhart, longtime college football writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “A guy who is fundamentally sound who has been around great coaches all his life, who knows what a championship football team is supposed to look like.

“The fact that he was able to come here and have that defense ready to play with all the things going on, I think speaks well to him and his ability to run an organization.”

LJS Husker Extra

“Bo Pelini is the next Bob Stoops,” said Tony Barnhart, longtime college football writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “A guy who is fundamentally sound who has been around great coaches all his life, who knows what a championship football team is supposed to look like.

“The fact that he was able to come here and have that defense ready to play with all the things going on, I think speaks well to him and his ability to run an organization.”

Nice to see others taking notice. With each day I am warming up more and more to the notion of Bo as HC. Lets hope this "pundit" is correct.

LJS Husker Extra

I don't have time to confirm this right now, but I believe Barnhart has had a change of heart. During the last few weeks of 2007, when it was a given we would be hiring a new head coach, I believe he was doing the complete opposite of championing Pelini on 1620.

LJS Husker Extra

I'm pretty sure that last part is more touchy-feely & wishful thinking, because he has not run an organization before. The other stuff is pretty cool though.

LJS Husker Extra

Thats great and all...but I was having this conversation with my brother while watching their bowl game. Does anyone else think that Stoops is not that "next level" type of coach? He has his team in it virtually every year but they can never seem to win it. (except with John Blakes players) And PLEASE dont start drawing comparisons to T.O. he had his teams "in it" alot more then Stoops IMO.

LJS Husker Extra

Thats great and all...but I was having this conversation with my brother while watching their bowl game. Does anyone else think that Stoops is not that "next level" type of coach? He has his team in it virtually every year but they can never seem to win it. (except with John Blakes players) And PLEASE dont start drawing comparisons to T.O. he had his teams "in it" alot more then Stoops IMO.

If we 'only' get to 10 win seasons, and winning the conference every other year, and I hear someone complain...well, you better be able to run, fast.

Really. Winning a national championship takes as much luck as anything else.

LJS Husker Extra

If we 'only' get to 10 win seasons, and winning the conference every other year, and I hear someone complain...well, you better be able to run, fast.

Yeah, if we are "in it virtually every year"... i think i'd be down for that, a BCS bowl game every year is better then watching other teams play while we sit here and stare blankly at the TV because we aren't playing til next fall

LJS Husker Extra

Yeah, if we are "in it virtually every year"... i think i'd be down for that, a BCS bowl game every year is better then watching other teams play while we sit here and stare blankly at the TV because we aren't playing til next fall

Just beat the teams he should and once in awhile beat the teams that are great. I won't complain if the ball falls one way and Nebraska ends up losing (like what happened a lot vs Oklahoma a lot of the time) as long as I can get the feeling that Nebraska had a chance to win. The last 4 years I only got that feeling when Nebraska was playing schools they shouldnt have a chance at losing against. The team that were on par or better I never got the feeling Nebraska would win.

LJS Husker Extra

I never asked to compare prpgrams. I was simply asking if anyone thought that he was the type of coach that had trouble winning the big one. I am aware this isnt the proper topic to have asked it but I didnt feel like searching that out.

Being IN a bowl game is better then what we have faced lately. And for the record I am not the type of fan that owuld be upset with only 10 wins...I dont believe I said that anywhere, nor did I ask how people fealt about his program. Just trying to fill the conversation void until Signing Day.

Bo will do a great job at Nebraska...

That being said, it was pretty hard to screw up the defense with the level of talent he had at LSU. After he gets a couple of solid recruiting classes into Nebraska, you should expect to see the same type of defense...but it might take a couple years.

keep in mind this isnt the first bad defense bo has worked with at NU

Bo will do a great job at Nebraska...

That being said, it was pretty hard to screw up the defense with the level of talent he had at LSU. After he gets a couple of solid recruiting classes into Nebraska, you should expect to see the same type of defense...but it might take a couple years.

keep in mind this isnt the first bad defense bo has worked with at NU

True, but I think at this point I would have much rather seen our 02 defense on the field than the 07 defense