Our starting lineup next year

Right now, CG is just more polished as a WR than Niles is. Niles needed to take a RS in the worst way last year, but he was hell bent on playing. Right now, Gil is just faster, better route runner and has better hands than Niles.

LTW probably needs to play with his hand on the ground. He's got the size and would have elite speed at the position. At LB, he would have average speed and average athleticism because he is a bit stiff.

Blue and Prince aren't in the same discussion as far as playing CB. Athleticism has nothing to do with instincts and cover ability. Prince can/will be a stud in due time, but he needs more experience learning the CB position full time. Unfortunately for him, he is hindering this by wanting to play RB so badly.

how do you know that CG is a better WR than Paul?

How do you know he isn't?

Right now, CG is just more polished as a WR than Niles is. Niles needed to take a RS in the worst way last year, but he was hell bent on playing. Right now, Gil is just faster, better route runner and has better hands than Niles.

LTW probably needs to play with his hand on the ground. He's got the size and would have elite speed at the position. At LB, he would have average speed and average athleticism because he is a bit stiff.

Blue and Prince aren't in the same discussion as far as playing CB. Athleticism has nothing to do with instincts and cover ability. Prince can/will be a stud in due time, but he needs more experience learning the CB position full time. Unfortunately for him, he is hindering this by wanting to play RB so badly.

I have heard completely different, I have heard that Paul has the hands and the routes, and that C has to work on those things, I know Gilleylen is faster for sure, but needs to work on some things.

Paul has worked with Donald Driver in the past and physically was our best WR next to Purify as a true freshman.

Prince should be on offense, he is electric with the ball in his hands, but I do believe if he stays at corner he will start over Blue, he will have all off season learning from a damn good secondary coach, and has seen playing time at corner last year.

Do you know how big LT is now?? Because he has perfect size for a LB if he is 6'3" 225

I can absolutely promise you CG is ahead of Niles right now as far as talent at the WR position. Niles runs horrible routes, which is the NUMBER ONE reason why he got zero PT last year while we played guys like Dan Erickson and Frantz Hardy ahead of him. The other problem he has is gaining separation. Niles does not have elite, nor even really average FOOTBALL speed. His timed speed is alright, but putting it out there on the field is another thing.

CG is every bit as physically developed as Niles. CG came into camp last year at almost 210lbs with little to no fat. This from a 6'0 (on a good day) WR who is a track star. Physically and athletically, I would put CG ahead of Niles.

The only part I would give the advantage to Niles in is his hands. Do not get it twisted though, because CG has some of the best hands on the team as well, likely only behind Niles, Lucky and Peterson.

Prince needs to stay on defense. He was 'electric' with the ball in HS, but can you say the same in college? We need DBs 10 times more than we need another RB in the backfield. Focus on your development at DB and worry about the other things later.

Yes, I know how big LT is, but you do not. LT is over 240lbs right now, not 225. Even if he were 225, it does not matter because having prototypical size does not relegate you to one position. LaTravis plays stiff in the hips and it causes him trouble covering TEs or even slot WRs when he is forced to. Playing LB will expose him time after time. He is gaining weight and continuing to have the speed he does, so his best bet would be to play with a hand on the ground.

I have heard completely different, I have heard that Paul has the hands and the routes, and that C has to work on those things, I know Gilleylen is faster for sure, but needs to work on some things.

Paul has worked with Donald Driver in the past and physically was our best WR next to Purify as a true freshman.

Prince should be on offense, he is electric with the ball in his hands, but I do believe if he stays at corner he will start over Blue, he will have all off season learning from a damn good secondary coach, and has seen playing time at corner last year.

Do you know how big LT is now?? Because he has perfect size for a LB if he is 6'3" 225

I can absolutely promise you CG is ahead of Niles right now as far as talent at the WR position. Niles runs horrible routes, which is the NUMBER ONE reason why he got zero PT last year while we played guys like Dan Erickson and Frantz Hardy ahead of him. The other problem he has is gaining separation. Niles does not have elite, nor even really average FOOTBALL speed. His timed speed is alright, but putting it out there on the field is another thing.

CG is every bit as physically developed as Niles. CG came into camp last year at almost 210lbs with little to no fat. This from a 6'0 (on a good day) WR who is a track star. Physically and athletically, I would put CG ahead of Niles.

The only part I would give the advantage to Niles in is his hands. Do not get it twisted though, because CG has some of the best hands on the team as well, likely only behind Niles, Lucky and Peterson.

Prince needs to stay on defense. He was 'electric' with the ball in HS, but can you say the same in college? We need DBs 10 times more than we need another RB in the backfield. Focus on your development at DB and worry about the other things later.

Yes, I know how big LT is, but you do not. LT is over 240lbs right now, not 225. Even if he were 225, it does not matter because having prototypical size does not relegate you to one position. LaTravis plays stiff in the hips and it causes him trouble covering TEs or even slot WRs when he is forced to. Playing LB will expose him time after time. He is gaining weight and continuing to have the speed he does, so his best bet would be to play with a hand on the ground.

No need to get angry, they are just questions..Hence why I asked how much LT weighed..I had no clue he was 240.

I really don't know why you don't think Prince can translate his moves to College, there aren't many guys that have Prince's change of direction and instincts with the ball in his hands, he has the speed, and looks very very fluid on film.

Yes we are stacked at RB, but CB ain't that huge of a need, we have Murillo, Blue, Sullivan, West, Dennard, Whitmore, and Rogers, 4 have no experience, but the freshman coming in have a lot of potential, and look to be able to play right away, especially Dennard. Also Add Prince, because I really don't see him moving to Offense. I wish though, like I said.

I guess we will find out about NP and CG. spring ain't to far away.

No need to get angry, they are just questions..Hence why I asked how much LT weighed..I had no clue he was 240.

I really don't know why you don't think Prince can translate his moves to College, there aren't many guys that have Prince's change of direction and instincts with the ball in his hands, he has the speed, and looks very very fluid on film.

Yes we are stacked at RB, but CB ain't that huge of a need, we have Murillo, Blue, Sullivan, West, Dennard, Whitmore, and Rogers, 4 have no experience, but the freshman coming in have a lot of potential, and look to be able to play right away, especially Dennard. Also Add Prince, because I really don't see him moving to Offense. I wish though, like I said.

I guess we will find out about NP and CG. spring ain't to far away.

Sullivan and West may or may not be CBs in the future. In any case, we need CBs even more as of today than we did yesterday, that is for sure. Prince's development at CB became even more impotant.

OFFENSE

QB 12 Joe Ganz | 6-1, 200, SR., 2V //6 Patrick Witt | 6-4, 220, SO.,

RB 5 Marlon Lucky | 6-0, 210, SR, 3V// 19 Quentin Castille | 6-1, 250, SO, HS//34 Cody Glenn6-0, 230sr

FB 36 Thomas Lawson | 6-0, 240, SR., 2V

WR 87 Nate Swift | 6-2, 200, SR, 3V//17 Todd Peterson | 6-4, 210, SR, 3V//

WR 24 Niles Paul | 6-1, 210, SO, HS//4 Menelik Holt | 6-4, 215, JR, 2V

TE 89 H. Teafatiller | 6-3, 230, SR, 3V

OT 65 Mike Smith | 6-6, 285, JR, RS//BAKER STEINKUHLER 6-6 300

OT 76 Lydon Murtha | 6-7, 305, SR, 3V//70 Matt Slauson | 6-5, 335, SR, 2V

OG 67 Jacob Hickman | 6-4, 285, JR, 3V//68 Keith Williams | 6-5, 310, SO, RS

OG 61 Mike Huff | 6-4, 300, SR, 3V//73 D.J. Jones | 6-5, 310, SO, RS

C Rick Henry

DEFENSE

DE 99 Barry Turner | 6-3, 270, SR., 3V//88 Clayton Sievers | 6-4, 245, SR., 3VJOSH WILLIAMS 6-4 220

DE 98 Zach Potter | 6-7, 280, SR., 3V//95 Pierre Allen | 6-5, 265, SO, RS

NT 93 Ndamukong Suh | 6-4, 305, JR, 2V//56 Shukree Barfield | 6-4, 310, SR, JC

DT 43 Ty Steinkuhler | 6-3, 285, SR, 3V//97 Kevin Dixon | 6-3, 295, SR, JC//

LB 12 Blake Lawrence | 6-2, 200, JR, //53 Tyler Wortman | 6-3, 230, SR, RS

LB WILL COMPTON

LB 52 Phillip Dillard | 6-1, 250, JR, 2V

CB 5 Armando Murillo | 6-0, 195, SR, JC//14 Anthony Blue | 5-10, 175, SO, HS

CB 22 Anthony West | 6-0, 195, SO, RSD//DAVID WHITMORE 6-1 180

SS 4 Larry Asante | 6-1, 210, JR, JC//33 Matt O'Hanlon | 5-11, 200, SR, RS

WS 3 Rickey Thenarse | 6-0, 190, JR, 2V//28 Eric Hagg | 6-1, 195, SO, HS

OFFENSE

QB 12 Joe Ganz | 6-1, 200, SR., 2V //6 Patrick Witt | 6-4, 220, SO.,

RB 5 Marlon Lucky | 6-0, 210, SR, 3V// 19 Quentin Castille | 6-1, 250, SO, HS//34 Cody Glenn6-0, 230sr

FB 36 Thomas Lawson | 6-0, 240, SR., 2V

WR 87 Nate Swift | 6-2, 200, SR, 3V//17 Todd Peterson | 6-4, 210, SR, 3V//

WR 24 Niles Paul | 6-1, 210, SO, HS//4 Menelik Holt | 6-4, 215, JR, 2V

TE 89 H. Teafatiller | 6-3, 230, SR, 3V

OT 65 Mike Smith | 6-6, 285, JR, RS//BAKER STEINKUHLER 6-6 300

OT 76 Lydon Murtha | 6-7, 305, SR, 3V//70 Matt Slauson | 6-5, 335, SR, 2V

OG 67 Jacob Hickman | 6-4, 285, JR, 3V//68 Keith Williams | 6-5, 310, SO, RS

OG 61 Mike Huff | 6-4, 300, SR, 3V//73 D.J. Jones | 6-5, 310, SO, RS

C Rick Henry

DEFENSE

DE 99 Barry Turner | 6-3, 270, SR., 3V//88 Clayton Sievers | 6-4, 245, SR., 3VJOSH WILLIAMS 6-4 220

DE 98 Zach Potter | 6-7, 280, SR., 3V//95 Pierre Allen | 6-5, 265, SO, RS

NT 93 Ndamukong Suh | 6-4, 305, JR, 2V//56 Shukree Barfield | 6-4, 310, SR, JC

DT 43 Ty Steinkuhler | 6-3, 285, SR, 3V//97 Kevin Dixon | 6-3, 295, SR, JC//

LB 12 Blake Lawrence | 6-2, 200, JR, //53 Tyler Wortman | 6-3, 230, SR, RS

LB WILL COMPTON

LB 52 Phillip Dillard | 6-1, 250, JR, 2V

CB 5 Armando Murillo | 6-0, 195, SR, JC//14 Anthony Blue | 5-10, 175, SO, HS

CB 22 Anthony West | 6-0, 195, SO, RSD//DAVID WHITMORE 6-1 180

SS 4 Larry Asante | 6-1, 210, JR, JC//33 Matt O'Hanlon | 5-11, 200, SR, RS

WS 3 Rickey Thenarse | 6-0, 190, JR, 2V//28 Eric Hagg | 6-1, 195, SO, HS

this is the closest i have seen, but compton will not start at linebacker his freshman year. asante or culbert will move to linebacker and the other will play SS.