Our 2008 Recruits

moe

Let's not forget to pay much homage to our in-state recruits. For each player, I will include a link to each recruit's profile on rivals.com. I hope that I don't ruin this...but on rivals.com, one can view one player's highlight video once-per-day.

However, if you clear your cookies on your browser, you can view as many videos as you want. After viewing a video, and wanting to view another, just clear your internet history/private data (in your internet browser).

I've already viewed more potential-recruits highlights to the point of awe; there are a lot of great high-school players out there, fellas. Anyhoo, onto the in-staters:

Mikah Kreikemeier: the kid got a 30 on his ACT, and has a 4.0 GPA. And he can ball, and ball well. His special-teams play is exemplary. We'll see where he ends up, position-wise. He looks and plays like a Nebraska kid...definitely enough for me.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...mp;pr_key=74980

Baker Steinkuhler: probably enuf' said, but this kid is ridiculous. Pancake-blocks o'plenty. It's not often (anyone, it seems) that a kid like this is born-and-bred in Nebraska. Smart, athletic, and BIIIIG.

Doesn't hurt to have your dad as Dean Steinkuhler...former Nebraska Outland Trophy winner (1983). Great to see the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...mp;pr_key=35997

John Leverson: this kid has good instincts. Great hands. Intercepts lots of balls. Seems to be in the right position much of the time. He's a smart kid, as well. An athlete and we'll see where he decides to play. He'll bleed Husker-Red, though...and that's good enough for me.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...mp;pr_key=59488

Sean Fisher: Another player with great instinct. This dude hits hard; I don't know how many RB's/WR's were upended by this kid. Smart. Reads plays well.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...mp;pr_key=48596

Collins Okafor: Last, but certainly not least. This kid has so many long runs it's crazy. He bursts through the hole on a mission. Okafor has so many 70+ yard touchdown runs, it's not worth mentioning just one. He's a smart, well-built back. Under "Highlights 1" Okafor busts-open a run from the 23 yard-line (2 minutes in), in Memorial Stadium (Nebraska State Football, 2007). I see this kid doing great things at Nebraska

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...mp;pr_key=57722

In short, all of our recruits are the cat's-pajamas. And, a big thank-you to all recruits that sign with Nebraska.

Dean Steinkuhler didn't win the Outland in 81 and 82, Rimington did. Steinkuhler won the award in 83.

Thanks for posting the links, its cool that you put that together.

So much for trusting Wikipedia. I know better than that...wiki is just too easy. Someone needs to edit the "Dean Steinkuhler" page.

Thanks, though.

-Vote Quimby

Dean Steinkuhler didn't win the Outland in 81 and 82, Rimington did. Steinkuhler won the award in 83.

So much for trusting Wikipedia. I know better than that...wiki is just too easy. Someone needs to edit the "Dean Steinkuhler" page.

Thanks, though.

-Vote Quimby

What was wrong with this?

Dean Elmer Steinkuhler (born January 27, 1961) was an American football player. He attended the University of Nebraska, where he won the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's top offensive lineman, in 1983. This marked the third consecutive time a Cornhusker had won the award as Dave Rimington had won back to back Outland Trophies in 1981 and 1982. Like his predecessor, Steinkuhler is one of only eleven Cornhuskers to have his jersey (#71) retired by the team.

Thanks, though.

-Vote Quimby

What was wrong with this?

Dean Elmer Steinkuhler (born January 27, 1961) was an American football player. He attended the University of Nebraska, where he won the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's top offensive lineman, in 1983. This marked the third consecutive time a Cornhusker had won the award as Dave Rimington had won back to back Outland Trophies in 1981 and 1982. Like his predecessor, Steinkuhler is one of only eleven Cornhuskers to have his jersey (#71) retired by the team.

maybe somepne already fixed it :dunno