Shrine Bowl Post-Game Discussion

Landlord

I'll just start it off short and sweet, let you guys discuss.

1. Keller looked good. Finished 10-16 with around 4 receiver drops, only one of his passes wasn't actually "there". However, he didn't really throw any long balls, coach kept it simple. Also had a very Keller-esque fumble from a breakdown in the pocket.

2. Bowman also looked pretty good, although we didn't see him much. Had an excellent pass breakup on a man-on-man long ball, and one other pass breakup that I remember, with a few tackles. What I saw of hm, which wasn't a lot, was all good.

From a 9ers blogger found via google news....

First quarter

Keller looks accurate by looks a lot like San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers with his shotput delivery, but he's accurate. He took the West on a 12-play drive then held the ball too long was sacked and fumbled.

East Offense - Tulsa's Paul Smith flung a 60-yard pass in the air to Hubbard, who couldn't get separation on Nebraska cornerback Zackery Bowman.

Third quarter

West Offense - Nebraska quarterback Sam Keller showed well in the West's first drive. His main target was Hawaii receiver Jason Rivers, who's trying to prove he's more than a run-and-shoot receiver. He got open on the drive, made one catch over his head, but dropped another in the middle of the field that would have been a first down

It's good to see that Keller made the most of the the game, because it doesn't look like he made the most out of practices.

Also, Scout take on Shrine Game standouts:

http://sea.scout.com/2/721530.html?refid=4...13162&ATT=5

Nebraska QB Sam Keller -- Slightly funky delivery betrayed him at times, but he led drives and showed good composure. Pocket passer with good size (6-3, 223) and intelligence. A broken collarbone suffered in November may have been a reason behind his delivery and inconclusive practices this week.

It was cool to see Nebraska and Texas State guys on the same team. I really wanted Keller to do well because of the way his season ended but I also wanted Bobcat Punter Chris MacDonnald to get some kicks. Luckily both things happened, although the QB from San Diego may have improved his draft position the most out of the game.

he needs to work and throwing the ball before he gets hit or sacked and fumbles the ball. maybe this is billy c's doing with qb's that cant run. zac was really good at getting the ball out until our oline started blocking then he would have a habit of holding on too long to the ball.

it seems as though kellers asu days when he was known as gun slinger has turned out to haunt him. all he does any more is look for the short routes.