My Predictions for next year

MVPujols

Nu 2008 prediction-- just for my entertainment only--

-- unbelieveably early!!

-- and totally worthless.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU has turned the corner

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

I stilll dont see why people think CU is coming around.... we were killing them at half, and we were terrible. I think we should be in the 7-8 win range.... i think if bo was coach last yer thts what we win as well. really with out Coz I think we win 7( we hd to have epic meltdowns in the 2nd half to lose to TU and CU)

but...

opinions vary

:woo:woo

GO BO!!

Nu 2008 prediction-- just for my entertainment only--

-- unbelieveably early!!

-- and totally worthless.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU has turned the corner

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

but...

opinions vary

:woo:woo

GO BO!!

I still dont see why people think CU is coming around.... we were killing them at half, and we were terrible. I think we should be in the 7-8 win range.... i think if bo was coach last yer thts what we win as well. really with out Coz I think we win 7( we hd to have epic meltdowns in the 2nd half to lose to TU and CU)

Western Michigan - Win

San Jose State - Win

New Mexico State - Win

Virginia Tech - Surprise win - Honestly I haven't been impressed by VT recently

Missouri - Win - Missouri always sucks in Lincoln

Texas Tech - Loss - Playing TT in Lubbock is tough and I don't think we have the speed on def

Iowa State - Win - Iowa State seriously sucks

Baylor - Win - Baylor also sucks

Oklahoma - Loss - OU will be REALLY good next year

Kansas - Win - We put up a lot of points against KU last year, with a decent def we'll win

Kansas State - Win - Josh Freeman will choke yet again

Colorado - Win - same as Kansas, we put up a ton of points on them and if we had any defense we would win. How do you score 51 points and lose by two touchdowns? Ask Coz. That won't be happening anymore.

Accuse me of drinking too much kool aid, but I honestly see us having a solid year this year. I predicted doom last year, and that was against the grain of most people's sentiments. We lost a lot of our defensive starters... who cares? This just in: our defense was one of the worst in the country last year. Getting those guys off the field is a good thing. I've been waiting for years for Corey and Bo to graduate. We will have VERY significant defensive improvement this year and our offense will continue to roll.

11-2 after a bowl game win

Western Michigan - Win

San Jose State - Win

New Mexico State - Win

Texas Tech - Loss - Playing TT in Lubbock is tough and I don't think we have the speed on def

Kansas - Win - We put up a lot of points against KU last year, with a decent def we'll win

Colorado - Win - same as Kansas, we put up a ton of points on them and if we had any defense we would win. How do you score 51 points and lose by two touchdowns? Ask Coz. That won't be happening anymore.

Accuse me of drinking too much kool aid, but I honestly see us having a solid year this year. I predicted doom last year, and that was against the grain of most people's sentiments. We lost a lot of our defensive starters... who cares? This just in: our defense was one of the worst in the country last year. Getting those guys off the field is a good thing. I've been waiting for years for Corey and Bo to graduate. We will have VERY significant defensive improvement this year and our offense will continue to roll.

i'll give you VA Tech, because they lose almost everything.... and its home.. so thats possible.....

but... Mizzou AND KU? i hope you're right... those are two pretty decent teams returning right there... only time will tell

Western Michigan - Win

San Jose State - Win

New Mexico State - Win

i'll give you VA Tech, because they lose almost everything.... and its home.. so thats possible.....

but... Mizzou AND KU? i hope you're right... those are two pretty decent teams returning right there... only time will tell

you never know..... we had a "decent team" returning this year......that being said 11-2 is not very realistic

I'm new to the board but I've been a Huskers fan since I was old enough to understand what I was watching.

Floor: 6-6. I think Bo can do this with what he has to work with. I could be wrong.

Ceiling: 9-3. This would mean Bo and the Huskers will have to surprise some people. That won't be easy in the Big 12 this year - not after all the other surprises.

Bo needs some time, and a good recruiting class or two under his belt, to really turn things around. I'm hoping people don't get their expectations too high too soon.

All the best,

X

Thats it :angry: I've had it up to here (holds hand up to middle of forehead) with people saying the Cyclones seriously suck. I'm going to let you in on a little secret here. Bo might end up being the greatest coach in Nebraska football history...matter of fact, I'm all for that...but not with the players he has on the team right now. It's going to take a few years to change the mindset of mediocity that Cally taught them.

"We lost a lot of our defensive starters... who cares? This just in: our defense was one of the worst in the country last year. Getting those guys off the field is a good thing. I've been waiting for years for Corey and Bo to graduate. We will have VERY significant defensive improvement this year and our offense will continue to roll."

You bet you lost some starters...and if they weren't the best you had in the stable why were they starting in the first place? That leads me to believe that, unless Cally is a total retard who had no intention of even trying to win, the starters who left were better than what was on the bench...so unless you get some recruits capable of starting from day one...it's going to be a long season.

The only way NU is going to really make strides on defense and offense is with a complete attitude change. In the four years Cally was there the attitude went from "We're gonna kill these guys" to "Who cares?". Dominance to mediocrity to, finally, antipathy. Now you're fully stocked with Cally players who are used to the Cally way of doing things...going out and hoping to win instead of knowing they are going to win. Playing good enough to get by....That attitude has got to change or you're going nowhere. It'll be interesting to see if Bo can motivate these guys or if the Cally era is too deeply engrained in them to ever get them playing to their full potential. If it is, you may be waiting until Bo can get his own recruits in there before there is any return to prominence.

And ISU WILL take you guys out this year...it's at Ames and it's a leap year. We always win in Ames in games played in leap years. Check it out yourselves if you don't believe me.

The problem with trying to guess about next season is this. We have no idea what kind of talent we really have on this team, because we had Callahan and Cosgrove coaching it. If Pelini can come it and put a huge-ass chip on the shoulder of every single player, and get the best possible effort out of them every single play, we could see a miraculous season. I personally feel we have talent on this team. We have speed, and we have the potential to do some amazing things. However Callahan had no aptitude for drawing out talent from great players, much less the ability to take average players and make them more. Pelini, so far as we've seen, has both.

Our offense crackled at times last year. If we can continue that pace with Ganz, improve the O-line and running game, and have a respectable defense, I see no reason we shouldn't be right back in the Big XII Championship hunt. Our problems last year were mental, for the most part, and on defense a bit physical, too. But I don't think I saw much that can't be corrected by some good coaching and an attitude adjustment.

Go Big Red.

Here's the thing: we lose a ton of experience. On both sides of the ball. I don't think we're going to be very consistent because we're going to be a young team with mostly new receivers and a new and unproven defense.

Our running game and O-line had better be good because there may be a lot of slack to pick up.

Okay, I know all of you are excited to hear what some random guy on a random message board has to say about the Huskers' upcoming season, so here we go:

Western Michigan - Win (1-0)

San Jose State - Win (2-0)

New Mexico State - Win (3-0)

Virginia Tech - Win - Kansas beat them in the Orange Bowl. I think we will win against Kansas this season, so look at the explanation down below. (4-0)

Missouri - Loss - This is a tough one. Missouri should be a great team for the upcoming season, but everyone also thought Nebraska was going to be a great team in 2007 and look what happened. In my opinion, I think Mizzou will remain a great team and win the North again. Fortunately for Nebraska fans, the game will be much closer than 41 to 6. :)(4-1)

Texas Tech - Loss - This is the first away game, and it will be against a very solid TT team. I just don't think the Huskers have the speed on defense to keep up with the RR's offense (unless the S&C drastically improves this during winter conditioning). (4-2)

Iowa State - Win - No explanation needed. (5-2)

Baylor - Win - See "Iowa State". (6-2)

Oklahoma - Loss - The Big 12 will be pumping out alot of quality teams this season, OU being included in this group. Don't think the Huskers will win, but they will put up a HUGE fight and the game will be fairly close. This is especially true since this game is towards the end of the season, and everything is figured out by now (i.e., which players will play which positions). (6-3)

Kansas - Win - Okay, so KU had a decent team last year. But in my opinion, it wasn't as good as everyone thinks. The only good team they faced all year was Mizzou, and they lost to them. The rest of the teams they played were mediocre (i.e., CU, A&M), and they barely ended up winning against them. NU scored 39 points on them last season...and still lost! With a halfway decent defense, and the fact that this is a home game, I think KU is going to be in some trouble. (7-3)

Kansas State - Win - Josh who? Expect this Josh character to get roughed up big time in this game. Huskers roll over Kansas State Community College (8-3)

Colorado - Win - Home game against CU = Husker victory. Look, we were dominating them going into the half last season, and then our wonderful "defense" started to do what they did best last season...suck. I don't think this game will even be close. (9-3)

Bowl game - Don't know, depends on who we are against...

End of season before Bowl Game record: 9-3

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. I'm mostly looking forward to see what the defense will look like once all players have been evaluated, and Bo and his assistants decide where each player should go. Samething goes for the offensive side of the ball, but in my opinion, the offense was fairly good last season.

Is it September yet?

After last year I think that the season will come down to how the team performs in VT and MU games. I think the first three are "gimmies" but I would not overlook any of them, a loss in any of those three could be devistating to the psyche of the team after last years collapse.

The VT and MU games though could end up being the bellweather, this is when it comes time to line up and really see what the team has in regards to talent/potential. If MU comes in and does what OKST did last year in Lincon I think that 6-6 or 7-5 would be the best to look for.

I think the "trap" games are KU- trying to give payback and not following the game plan, K-State - Same as KU but with trying to pay freeman back being the issue, and CU- Last year they were so up and down from week to week it is hard to judge who you will get this week.

All of that being said, or written in this case, I would predict 7-5 with a bowl game bid.