Joey Ganz

hack

NU Football Notes: Joe Ganz a 'player to watch'

BY RICH KAIPUST AND NICK RUBEK

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — Nebraska quarterback Joe Ganz will attend the 53rd annual Touchdown Club of Columbus (Ohio) Sports Banquet as a "player to watch" in college football in 2008.

Ganz recently received an invitation for the Feb. 9 function. An invitation also was extended to Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who won the Heisman Trophy last season as a sophomore.

It adds to the turnaround for Ganz, the senior-to-be who was a virtual unknown until starting the Huskers' final three games last season. In those starts, Ganz passed for 1,399 yards and 15 touchdowns, and ran for three more scores.

Ganz said his parents will make the trip to Columbus with him.

"It's a great honor to have, but it's not going to change how I go about working and how I go about everything," Ganz said. "I'm just going to be the person I'm going to be. Any notoriety isn't going to affect me."

that's right, my friends... it's all coming together like clockwork...

cunning.jpg

With a good running attack, better protection, adjustment made by the coaches, plays designed that work best to his strengths, etc., hopefully Ganz won't feel like he has to force the ball nearly as much. As we know, the only knock against him last year were all the picks.

You have to remember though that most picks come when you go deep. Those aren't as bad as if he were throwing terrible short passes. Most of the picks he threw were on deep routes....IMO. :dunno

With a good running attack, better protection, adjustment made by the coaches, plays designed that work best to his strengths, etc., hopefully Ganz won't feel like he has to force the ball nearly as much. As we know, the only knock against him last year were all the picks.

You have to remember though that most picks come when you go deep. Those aren't as bad as if he were throwing terrible short passes. Most of the picks he threw were on deep routes....IMO. :dunno

Those one's in Colorado werent that deep since it only took the DB 2 seconds to take the first one in for a td.

Seriously,.....why the hell would he NOT start. I will take a guy that threw for 1350 yds and 15 tds in 3 games over Zac Lee who hasnt even thrown for a single yard in D-1 yet. Im not ruling out Lee being good its just, why would anyone jump on the Zac Lee bandwagon when he hasnt done anything to prove himself. Give my boy Ganz some respect huskerballz!