Kevin Cosgrove

I hope the Blackshirts get it together in the offseason. I love defense and I was at the Missouri game when they showed up. It was awesome. I think theywill bebackthis year.

They sure did show up, coincidentally, McBride and TO were there.

Gee, maybe they took control for that game to actually get the team a win? Or maybe they were the only ones that were able to motivate the kids to get them to play?

I hope the Blackshirts get it together in the offseason. I love defense and I was at the Missouri game when they showed up. It was awesome. I think theywill bebackthis year.

They sure did show up, coincidentally, McBride and TO were there.

Gee, maybe they took control for that game to actually get the team a win? Or maybe they were the only ones that were able to motivate the kids to get them to play?

How many years of average to below average defenses did we put up with when McBride was running the blackshirts? He became a genuis after 15-20 years.

How many years of average to below average defenses did we put up with when McBride was running the blackshirts? He became a genuis after 15-20 years.

Did you know McBride refuses to show his conference title ring from 1983 because he felt he was the reason the Huskers didn't win the NC?

Let's hope Cosgrove is ashamed to wear his NC ring in 3 years because we squeak out a title game win 38-37! haha!

Let's hope Cosgrove is ashamed to wear his NC ring in 3 years because we squeak out a title game win 38-37! haha!

Dont bet on it! These idiots will be lucky to win the North on a bad year. Wait until we get "their players" and they get "their system in place" and we have some weather like what was in Philly this weekend, the O is turned 1 Dimensional, and without a fast qb, they are unable to muster any yards or points.

People will be SCREAMING to have the Crouch's and the Lord's back!

Dont bet on it! These idiots will be lucky to win the North on a bad year. Wait until we get "their players" and they get "their system in place" and we have some weather like what was in Philly this weekend, the O is turned 1 Dimensional, and without a fast qb, they are unable to muster any yards or points.

Tom Brady didn't seem to mind throwing the ball around in the same crappy weather.

:wtf is everyone on Coz for? you will give callahan 10 friigin years to win a MNC but you're ready to hang Coz and co out to dry? When you have PLAYERS that dont buy into a system - how in the world do you think the coaches can get them motivated?

The story that most impressed me this year was when Elmo was running after a player that had intercepted a pass in practice - yelling at him the whole way down the field.

you may ask why that stuck with me so i'll tell ya - this showed that the coaches are more interested in form over results, this can only improve the PLAYER for competition when he arrives at the next level, but will also improve the coverage while he is on the field for NU. WIN WIN situation if you ask me. nuff said today thx 4 listening

:cheers:cheers

Defense is about pride and going out there and kicking somebodys ass. If you do not want to play or are pissed off about coaching changes, then you look like we did last year. As a defensive player you have to put all of that aside and play for your own pride. A coach is not that important. Defense is vision and reacting, which can't be taught. Barrett had it.

What we know about COZ is that he had a hard time firing up the defense. Is that because he is not a good motivator, or because the players did not care. We will see this year. It takes leaders on the field to make a defense great, we just did not have it.

I bet we will be much better this year. Just having a good offense, will help our defense out a lot. New blood will help too.

I don't want to give either more than 3 years. They are both very average if you ask me.

Benard, thats uncalled for. In the future, I would really appreciate you not over-rating these guys :rollin:rollin

:cheers

Give the damn staff a chance

These guys have had lots of chances at plenty of places, without any success. So, by putting on Scarlet and Cream, they are magically going to turn into winners???

Sorry, sell that crap somewhere else, cause I aint gonna buy it.

A wise man once said that if you mix winners and losers, the winners wont bring the loser up, to the contrary: the loser will bring the winners down.

Notice 5-6.

I really dont know if you can doubt Cosgroves ability, he must have somthing or he wouldnt be where he is, i think the real problem will be whether he can fit himself into this program, and the same goes for BC, no matter if your a good coach or not, if you cant adjust to where your at your not gonna make it. Major changes in systems, your gonna have problems, but you cant keep forcing it when it doesnt work, i think after a 70-10 blow-out you need to adjust to fit your personel better personally. Its good that they are getting good recruits, but they are gonna be freshman, and dont expect a few to come in and make a difference in a year. I live in Indiana, and everyone watches Notre Dame here, fan or not its on every channel, or used to be.........and they made some bad coaching changes, not that the coaches were bad, but just not right for the program, they are still suffering even with good recruiting classes. This year will be a good measure to see if the current staff can do much, if both sides of the ball still suffer, there may be a major problem ready to start. Hopefully these coaches can get somthing rolling, because if they dont here in a couple more years at most, i would say that NU has made the same fatal error the ND made, i hope not, but time will be the only way to answer these questions.

Strange that Rudd was complaining about BC too, wonder what his excuse was? not lack of PT, maybe hes just as frustrated as everyone else, probably like the other players that are leaving early or have already left, im sure it has been hard for players and coaches to adjust.

These guys have had lots of chances at plenty of places, without any success. So, by putting on Scarlet and Cream, they are magically going to turn into winners???

Sorry, sell that crap somewhere else, cause I aint gonna buy it.

A wise man once said that if you mix winners and losers, the winners wont bring the loser up, to the contrary: the loser will bring the winners down.

Notice 5-6.

Can you say re-tread poster?