Breakdown of Remaining Targets for Nebraska...

bump

These are pretty much the kids that are left on our recruiting board. Some new one's can pop up out of no where come signing day.

WR Kihry Cooper :star:star:star (High Interest) We are looking great here. (Cooper and Smith have become great friends)

WR Leron Byrd :star:star:star (Medium Interest) We are looking somewhat good here.

DB Jordan Makovicka (High Interest) We are looking great here.

RB Justin Rogers :star:star:star (Medium Interest) We are looking good here.

WR Kenny Stafford :star:star (Medium Interest) We are not looking so good here.

DB/ATH Mason Wald (High Interest) We are lookng great here. (An absoloute crushing hitter)

ATH TIm Marlowe :star:star (Medium Interest) We are looking good here.

DB PJ Smith :star:star:star (High Interest) We are looking great here. (see side comment about Cooper)

DB Charles Mitchell :star:star:star:star (Medium Interest) Our chances are not looking so hot with this one.

I would surmise that Makovicka is slated to follow his brothers and walk-on. Marlowe may be a fall back player that if the others don't commit then Coach Pelini says come on board. I certainly hope we get all the high interest ones: Cooper, Wald, and Smith.

Getting some quality DBs is essential. Just essential.

I would surmise that Makovicka is slated to follow his brothers and walk-on. Marlowe may be a fall back player that if the others don't commit then Coach Pelini says come on board. I certainly hope we get all the high interest ones: Cooper, Wald, and Smith.

Agreed. PJ Smith would be a huge sign for us.

Agreed. But at least as I see it, no one looks as good on film as this kid Wald. OMGosh that kid is vicious. Phenomenal form tackling ability and an expressed attitude on the field that says "I'll kill you if I get a chance." A guy like that will make everyone around him better. I almost expect to see froth coming from this kids mouth --- like a rabid dog. If only one guy signs on among those left --- let it be Wald. Of course, let it be Wald and a bunch of others too!

Agreed. But at least as I see it, no one looks as good on film as this kid Wald. OMGosh that kid is vicious. Phenomenal form tackling ability and an expressed attitude on the field that says "I'll kill you if I get a chance." A guy like that will make everyone around him better. I almost expect to see froth coming from this kids mouth --- like a rabid dog. If only one guy signs on among those left --- let it be Wald. Of course, let it be Wald and a bunch of others too!

No question about it.....the kid loves to hit. He'd bring back some attitude to the defense. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a high schooler hit that hard. Amazing.

As for PJ Smith.....6'4" is enough to drool over.

per ljs blog

Recruiting update

All's quiet. No commits to announce.

It appears that Justin Rogers, a 5-foot-11, 180-pound athlete out of Birmingham, Ala., will wait until signing day (Wednesday) to announce his school of choice.

Rogers still will likely make a final visit to LSU. Nebraska and Clemson seem to be the other schools on his short list.

Also, his high school teammate Mason Wald, a 5-foot-11, 195-pound safety, has apparently received an offer from NU. Nebraska's competition for Wald? Samford. No, not Stanford.

As of now, it appears the Huskers have two recruits set for official visits this weekend, Louisiana wide receiver Khiry Cooper and a long snapper from Glendale, Ariz., named Brandon Gabbard.

Cooper is picking between NU and Arkansas.

bump

These are pretty much the kids that are left on our recruiting board. Some new one's can pop up out of no where come signing day.

WR Kihry Cooper :star:star:star (High Interest) We are looking great here. (Cooper and Smith have become great friends)

WR Leron Byrd :star:star:star (Medium Interest) We are looking somewhat good here.

DB/ATH Mason Wald (High Interest) We are lookng great here. (An absoloute crushing hitter)

DB PJ Smith :star:star:star (High Interest) We are looking great here. (see side comment about Cooper)

DB Charles Mitchell :star:star:star:star (Medium Interest) Our chances are not looking so hot with this one.

We dropped to Low Interest with Leron Byrd. Looks like he is going to Auburn.

bump

We dropped to Low Interest with Leron Byrd. Looks like he is going to Auburn.

Hope you're not going off Scout cause they haven't updated his profile in a while. Most people that are more "in the know" seem to think it's an even playing field between us, Auburn and I can't remeber who else (Bama??).