favorite NU defensive players...

By far, no doubt, my all-time favorite Husker D-player is Mike Brown........ I love this guy, and hate it that he is having such bad luck with injuries in the NFL...

Maybe not on my "all-time" greatest defense, but I really enjoyed watching guys like Reggie Cooper (S), and in my early days (mid 70's) a guy by the name of Mike Knox (LB) and Brett Clark (S) were some of my favorites....

Of course, all of the guys everyone else have mentioned are among the all time Husker greats and legends... I just named a few guys who remain close to my Hukser heart during my early childhood.

i remember reggie cooper was from slidell louisiana....he had some teammates that played juco ball in scottsbluff, nebraska, at what was then called Nebraska Western Community College....NWC had some amazing basketball talent that went through there....bobby jackson and sedric toney to name a couple who ended up in the nba....

..slidell had some athletic kids back then....with Bo in charge maybe we can tap into the talent in that city for the future...

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Knox - 84 team. Not the greatest athelete but all heart. At one time I beleive he held a record for the most broken helmets in a season. As I recall he was dramatically slower after a knee injury.

Mark Mumford - another guy who played with heart and asthma.

Kenny Walker - again a great deal of heart.

None of these guys may have set the world on fire but all of them embody what a black shirt is.

Demario Williams and Mike Minter- had the best motor I've seen at Nebraska