Who wont qualify?

Per the NCAA, you can only sign 25 players per class. So, the question begs now that we are up to 27 recruits, who will not qualify. The fact that we have accepted 27 means the staff expects at least 2 players not to qualify. Any Ideas who it will be?

That's not true. You can sign as many kids as you want each year just as long as your total roster of scholarship kids does not exceed 85. AR Husker Fan seems to know this rule like the back of his hand. (pffft Lawyers :P) but seriously he is pretty up to date as far as the NCAA rules go.

Per the NCAA, you can only sign 25 players per class. So, the question begs now that we are up to 27 recruits, who will not qualify. The fact that we have accepted 27 means the staff expects at least 2 players not to qualify. Any Ideas who it will be?

That's not true. You can sign as many kids as you want each year just as long as your total roster of scholarship kids does not exceed 85. AR Husker Fan seems to know this rule like the back of his hand. (pffft Lawyers :P) but seriously he is pretty up to date as far as the NCAA rules go.

Totally not true. You could have 50 open scholarships to give out, but you are only allowed 25 per year no matter what.

However, there are ways to circumvent this with EE's (early enrollees) which would date back to the previous class, granted you have an open spot from that class. You can also use the 'greyshirt' method by making a player pay his way for a semester in which he would essentially redshirt, before going on scholarship in January. We have about 3-4 kids who can possibly do that, so the numbers won't be a problem.

I'm pretty sure they can only offer 25 every year. This year we have 27 out, but Hetzer counts towards last year's class since he's a mid-year JUCO signee. That means one would have to GS, I heard Wald is considering a GS as well. When Callahan signed 32 in 2005, we had 5 mid-year JUCOs that counted towards the previous (2004) class (Barry Cryer, Ola Dagunduro, Dontrell Moore, Steve Octavien, and Zac Taylor.) 3 did not qualify (Franklin, Hunter, and Spain). Hickman took a GS (counted towards the 2006 class) and Souder originally was going to take a GS until those 3 did not qualify. Slauson came in right before fall practice and counted towards the 2005 class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how it worked hope it helps.

Talks about Wald's GS

Wald GS