Anybody Here Actually Admit to Voting for Hillary?

Okay, let's just lay this out on the line here. Yes I have indeed smoked marijuana when I was younger. I was 16 years old and I tried it a total of 3 times. During those three times two of those times I decided to get behind the wheel of a car. Needless to say it DOES effect your ability to drive a vehicle. I'm not going to believe some high school Psychology book either because I have 6 1/2 years in law enforcement experience and 13 weeks of training through the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy that tells me what the effects of marijuana has on individuals. Marijuana is a gateway drug which means it is the the first step in the wrong direction of a long line of harsher and harsher drugs. Most people that smoke marijuana go on to try other drugs and eventually get addicted to those drugs. Marijuana IS addicting and there have been multiple studies through law enforcement training that I am not allowed to post here that proves this. I'm sure you'll come back with the argument that "well they say it's legal to drink alcohol, but you can't drive behind the wheel of a car and blah blah blah." However, what alot of people tend to forget is that it is not legal to get intoxicated at lets say a concert. That is considered public intoxication and a law enforcement officer can arrest you for that. They are usually lacksed on doing this though because there are alot of people who get intoxicated. Marijuana affects you immediately if you smoke one bowl or even share the marijuana with another individual. We know this as trained law enforcement officers and drug recognition experts. Alcohol doesn't affect you immediately, but rather over a period of time. Difference is 1 marijuana joint = legally under the influence of a drug and not able to operate a motor vehicle, 1 beer = able to drive a vehicle as long as they have a normal threshold of tolerance. This is an argument that you won't win with me because I've seen what happens when an individual gets behind the wheel of a vehicle while under the influence of drug like marijuana. Pot heads are just looking for a reason to justify what they do!

hey, i respect the work you do. and i totally agree with you that marijuana affects the ability to drive. at least it affects my ability to drive. i would never do that. on the other hand, i would never listen to someone who merely has law enforcement training and smoked pot 3 times for advice on the affects of marijuana. i'm sorry, but you haven't given me a reason to believe you are an authority on the matter. you took 13 weeks of training and really, that's not a lot of training to be basing a medical opinion. furthermore, psychiatrists with 13 years of training have mixed opinions regarding these issues. in my opinion, and experience marijuana is not addictive at all. i occasionally enjoy the use of it, sometimes every weekend for a few weeks, but there are times when i will go years without trying it. that sure doesn't seem like an addictive substance to me. i don't really see it as a gateway drug either. there are a lot of people that have smoked pot and never tried another drug. if you are interested to trying harder drugs, you're going to do it whether you ever smoked pot or not.

as a member of law enforcement, i bet you would agree that a lot of drunks get angry and violent. pot has the opposite affect. yet pot is the evil one, and alcohol is legal. doesn't make much sense to me.

Okay, let's just lay this out on the line here. Yes I have indeed smoked marijuana when I was younger. I was 16 years old and I tried it a total of 3 times. During those three times two of those times I decided to get behind the wheel of a car. Needless to say it DOES effect your ability to drive a vehicle. I'm not going to believe some high school Psychology book either because I have 6 1/2 years in law enforcement experience and 13 weeks of training through the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy that tells me what the effects of marijuana has on individuals. Marijuana is a gateway drug which means it is the the first step in the wrong direction of a long line of harsher and harsher drugs. Most people that smoke marijuana go on to try other drugs and eventually get addicted to those drugs. Marijuana IS addicting and there have been multiple studies through law enforcement training that I am not allowed to post here that proves this. I'm sure you'll come back with the argument that "well they say it's legal to drink alcohol, but you can't drive behind the wheel of a car and blah blah blah." However, what alot of people tend to forget is that it is not legal to get intoxicated at lets say a concert. That is considered public intoxication and a law enforcement officer can arrest you for that. They are usually lacksed on doing this though because there are alot of people who get intoxicated. Marijuana affects you immediately if you smoke one bowl or even share the marijuana with another individual. We know this as trained law enforcement officers and drug recognition experts. Alcohol doesn't affect you immediately, but rather over a period of time. Difference is 1 marijuana joint = legally under the influence of a drug and not able to operate a motor vehicle, 1 beer = able to drive a vehicle as long as they have a normal threshold of tolerance. This is an argument that you won't win with me because I've seen what happens when an individual gets behind the wheel of a vehicle while under the influence of drug like marijuana. Pot heads are just looking for a reason to justify what they do!

hey, i respect the work you do. and i totally agree with you that marijuana affects the ability to drive. at least it affects my ability to drive. i would never do that. on the other hand, i would never listen to someone who merely has law enforcement training and smoked pot 3 times for advice on the affects of marijuana. i'm sorry, but you haven't given me a reason to believe you are an authority on the matter. you took 13 weeks of training and really, that's not a lot of training to be basing a medical opinion. furthermore, psychiatrists with 13 years of training have mixed opinions regarding these issues. in my opinion, and experience marijuana is not addictive at all. i occasionally enjoy the use of it, sometimes every weekend for a few weeks, but there are times when i will go years without trying it. that sure doesn't seem like an addictive substance to me. i don't really see it as a gateway drug either. there are a lot of people that have smoked pot and never tried another drug. if you are interested to trying harder drugs, you're going to do it whether you ever smoked pot or not.

as a member of law enforcement, i bet you would agree that a lot of drunks get angry and violent. pot doesn't has the opposite affect. yet pot is the evil one, and alcohol is legal. doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't expect users to agree with me on anything and I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take your word saying I don't have enough experience dealing with it considering the stuff I've come across in 6 1/2 years. It is a gateway drug sorry we're just going to have to agree to disagree because users find reasons to justify things and it's a fact because I've sat in on alot of drug treatment classes. I'm also not going to take the word of some weirdo psychologist who sits behind a desk and does their little studies considering they don't deal with it on a day to day basis. Alcohol doesn't always make people violent people make themselves violent. I've also fought numerous people who have been on marijuana. They just go to jail tired is all. The only drug I've come across where the person can't control themselves is PCP.

It's clear that this isn't going anywhere.... your going to believe what you've been told, and I'm going to believe what I've experienced. I don't expect most people to agree with me either. weed is like alcohol you do build a tolerance, the first few times you use it isn't how it will effect you over a period of time. I agree that weed is a gateway drug, but every drug (even the legal substances) can potentially be a gateway drug. I wouldn't have tried cigarettes or weed if it weren't for alcohol. I have not met one person in my life that felt weed ruined their lives, besides giving them legal troubles...... oh well you can believe what you want. I'd like to see the studies of weed being "addictive", I don't see why you couldn't post that info :dunno

It's clear that this isn't going anywhere.... your going to believe what you've been told, and I'm going to believe what I've experienced. I don't expect most people to agree with me either. weed is like alcohol you do build a tolerance, the first few times you use it isn't how it will effect you over a period of time. I agree that weed is a gateway drug, but every drug (even the legal substances) can potentially be a gateway drug. I wouldn't have tried cigarettes or weed if it weren't for alcohol. I have not met one person in my life that felt weed ruined their lives, besides giving them legal troubles...... oh well you can believe what you want. I'd like to see the studies of weed being "addictive", I don't see why you couldn't post that info :dunno

I can't post it because we receive that stuff in e-mails and it's considered law enforcement sensitive and we can't post it or share it with non-law enforcement personnel. By the way just because I was told something doesn't mean that I'm going to believe it I'm actually using my personal experiences also not just what I was told. I don't expect anyone to understand who isn't in law enforcement and that's okay because that is just the nature of the whole thing. It's not like we were going to resort to blows or something just a discussion with two people who have different feelings on the subject. If the law passed to legalize it I couldn't do anything and I would have to obey the law. Until then I'll continue to enforce the law as it is right now just do me a favor and be safe guys and gals. ;)

That is what makes this board so great. People with different opinions talking about a subject and no one calling names and fighting. I personally do not like pot. It makes me want to sleep and I wake up with chips and other munchies all around that I have to clean up after I get up. At least with beer I can recycle the cans and buy more beer

Personally, I'm in favor of bringing back prohibition. :dunno

The thing is it did'nt work, nor will it again IMO. But this talk of weed being harmless is a little naive. I've known people who have gotten dope spiked with other sh*t without their knowledge.

Prohibition created drug traffic rings and the rise of organized crime. All those distribution rings that were set up during prohibition moved to the likes of heroin and cocaine once prohibition was repealed. It is also foolish to try to outlaw something that upwards of 90% of people use on at least occasion. Might as well try to outlaw red meat.

As to the pot spiked with other stuff, all the more reason to legalize it, then it gets regulated. If you get the chance, watch the history channel show Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way, and look for the pot episode. The main reason it got outlawed was the newly created DEA wanted something to widespread that if could never be eliminated, thereby making the 'need' of the orginization to remain forever. The gov suppressed a lot of real science and pushed a media propaganda agenda to demonize it.

The thing is it did'nt work, nor will it again IMO. But this talk of weed being harmless is a little naive. I've known people who have gotten dope spiked with other sh*t without their knowledge.

the same can be done to a bowl of punch at a party... sh!t happens

Prohibition created drug traffic rings and the rise of organized crime. All those distribution rings that were set up during prohibition moved to the likes of heroin and cocaine once prohibition was repealed. It is also foolish to try to outlaw something that upwards of 90% of people use on at least occasion. Might as well try to outlaw red meat.

As to the pot spiked with other stuff, all the more reason to legalize it, then it gets regulated. If you get the chance, watch the history channel show Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way, and look for the pot episode. The main reason it got outlawed was the newly created DEA wanted something to widespread that if could never be eliminated, thereby making the 'need' of the orginization to remain forever. The gov suppressed a lot of real science and pushed a media propaganda agenda to demonize it.

Yeah, like it would ever work. I was just trying to stir the pot a little. :P

the same can be done to a bowl of punch at a party... sh!t happens

Well yeah, a bus could crash through your house too. I'd be willing to bet that spiked weed happens a hell of a lot more than a spiked punch bowl. {outside of any high school party} plus you can tell when punch has been spiked by the taste.

Well yeah, a bus could crash through your house too. I'd be willing to bet that spiked weed happens a hell of a lot more than a spiked punch bowl. {outside of any high school party} plus you can tell when punch has been spiked by the taste.

pretty unlikely that pot is "spiked" with something else simply because of economics. it would cost money to add something to pot, and people selling pot are trying to maximize their profits, not trick you into trying pot laced with something else.

Don't let the name fool you: Obama is Christian. What has the sociopath currently in office done against these extremists? Fabricate stories and kill his own people to suit his own needs. I'm not even talking about the soldiers overseas. There are several indicators that Bush was behind 9/11 and may be the most notorious leader in the ranks of Hitler and Suharto. It will take alot to counter the damage done by the Bush administration to this country and Obama may be the man to do it. I don't expect miracles.

Oh, a ConSpIrAcY ThEoRisT! Got all your provisions stored up? You been smoking bales of weed with Willie Nelson?

It amazes me how some people actually believe this bull sh#t, f#*k obama and f#*k clinton

And it amazes me that people think Bush has done a good job since he has been in office. I guess the only thing he has done is helped the rich people of the US and all of the oil gods. He is a complete arrogant a$$ who has no reason to even be in office.

We are fighting a war against someone who did not bomb us on 9/11...If my memory serves me correctly, it was Bin Laden.

Hitler and Stalin would be proud of Bush for the way he is running our country!

I will most likely vote for Obama, but I hope Obama and Clinton run with each other or at least whoever wins the nomination puts the other in the cabinet or something.

Don't let the name fool you: Obama is Christian. What has the sociopath currently in office done against these extremists? Fabricate stories and kill his own people to suit his own needs. I'm not even talking about the soldiers overseas. There are several indicators that Bush was behind 9/11 and may be the most notorious leader in the ranks of Hitler and Suharto. It will take alot to counter the damage done by the Bush administration to this country and Obama may be the man to do it. I don't expect miracles.

Oh, a ConSpIrAcY ThEoRisT! Got all your provisions stored up? You been smoking bales of weed with Willie Nelson?

It amazes me how some people actually believe this bull sh#t, f#*k obama and f#*k clinton

And it amazes me that people think Bush has done a good job since he has been in office. I guess the only thing he has done is helped the rich people of the US and all of the oil gods. He is a complete arrogant a$$ who has no reason to even be in office.

We are fighting a war against someone who did not bomb us on 9/11...If my memory serves me correctly, it was Bin Laden.

I will most likely vote for Obama, but I hope Obama and Clinton run with each other or at least whoever wins the nomination puts the other in the cabinet or something.

Like you said bin laden was the driving force behind 9/11 not Bush as was stated above and that is what I was responding to. Now we went into Iraq on the premise that sadam had or was close to having WMD,s and with his history of using such weapons on his own people I feel we had no other choice. Do you remember all of the united nations sanctions that sadam broke and snubbed at the world. We stopped fighting the Iraqi army shortly after we arrived and are still fighting the extreamists that he provided a safe haven for.

Is war fun, hell no. Was it necessary HELL YES and for anyone to think there was a better way to deal with these people that are intent on destroying the safety of this region and in turn the world is in MY OPINION wrong, please enlighten us on how that could have been accomplished without coming over here and forcing sadam out of power.

I for one believe that the Iraqi people and the people of the entire region and world are better off without sadam.

Like you said bin laden was the driving force behind 9/11 not Bush as was stated above and that is what I was responding to. Now we went into Iraq on the premise that sadam had or was close to having WMD,s and with his history of using such weapons on his own people I feel we had no other choice. Do you remember all of the united nations sanctions that sadam broke and snubbed at the world. We stopped fighting the Iraqi army shortly after we arrived and are still fighting the extreamists that he provided a safe haven for.

Is war fun, hell no. Was it necessary HELL YES and for anyone to think there was a better way to deal with these people that are intent on destroying the safety of this region and in turn the world is in MY OPINION wrong, please enlighten us on how that could have been accomplished without coming over here and forcing sadam out of power.

I for one believe that the Iraqi people and the people of the entire region and world are better off without sadam.

And what did they find??? Don't get me wrong, I agree that Sadam was a bad man, but don't tell me that Bush did not lie about why we were going in there. Bin Laden may have been responsible (some may think other way), so my question for you then is, why did we not focus on him right away? Afghanistan is still not being focused on.

As far as the Iraqi people being better off....this may be so, for right now. Are we, as a country better off? It is hard to say we are since we are in so much debt due to the war and Bush's ability to piss pretty much everyone off.