brock pastuer

Notes:

Recruited by North Carolina State, Michigan State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Miami and Oklahoma.

His JUCO coach has old ties with Coach Cos, who apparently is the only reason Brock is even considering NU. Also interesting to note is that BP attended last year's Spring game with a few of his teammates, and the Tunnel Walk was all he needed to see. He was floored at the potential of being a part of everything at NU, where the Red-White game attendance was more than the entire year of his JUCO games in Minny.

Overall he sounds like a specimen with a ton of raw talent and tools. Will need quite a bit of development, but would be a worthwhile gamble. If he commits - which he is expected to do this weekend - he would most likely be a redshirt project.

I'm very suspect of getting juco lineman. They haven't panned out well for us, I'd rather get a good looking prospect from high school. Is callahan feeling the pressure and trying to do a quick fix by getting all these jucos. How many is this now? 7 or 8 or 9?

call us kstate.

This is the most JUCO's NU has ever had commit in any recruiting year.

That wouldnt suck. Now hopefully our guys can mold this beast into the prototype that fits our system.

Also on the JUCO note - Im sure many of you may already know this, but this is the main reason we are so low in the Team Rankings on Scout. Apparently they havent done their due diligence to rank the JUCOs appropriately this year, so the teams that have a solid contingent of JCs are considerably lower in their system. Just another reason Rivals is more popular than Scout. And still another reason why you should just say screw all of these arbitrary pay-for "services" with agendas, and rely on this place to filter out all the BS and give you the unsubjective scoop. Plus you cant beat the price of free.

"Brock is a prototypical O lineman. He has good size, great strength for his size and moves very well. He has all of the physical assets to be a very successful player. I believe Brock has tremendous upside and with proper coaching his potential is unlimited." -Jeff Weisner, Juco head coach

Too bad he wont get that at NU.

I wonder how many players one way or the other are going to get pissed because of all the people penciled in as starter before they have even played a down here.

I think it's going to work out like this. The incoming players at /some/ positions are going to be better than the players that are here. There is no getting around that. Now, does that mean the players here won't get a fair shot to break the starting lineup? No. However, looking from the outside in you could say take the cynical route and say that Callahan is just playing his guys and ignore the fact that they just might be better. I tend to think this isn't the case.

Benard, if you want to discuss this further, start a new thread about it in Open Field ;)