post recruiting depth chart?

I think there is a good chance that the depth chart will be shaken up a little going into the Spring game or shortly after. I think that especially the defense is going to see some infusion of energy. If the existing starters don't come to play 110%, their jobs may be on the line. Bo won't be playing favorites, he is going to put the best team out there, where as BC had to prove his scholarship players were more worthy than anyone else on the team, and never really gave any walk on a real chance at playing, unless he had to.

I also think that the talent base in this years recruiting class has taken a jump...and I believe that with 30 walk ons coming in, they will push the scholarship players to have to practice as well as play their best.

Depends on your take on last season.

Was the bad season due to poor coaching??

If so, then the players are good and just need some coaching-- freshmen will not be able to push good, more experienced players from the starting lineup.

Was the bad season due to poor players?

If so, freshmen should be able to beat out the poor players for a starting slot.

My opinion is a mixed bag--

The O coaches were good- the O starting lineup will be hard for a freshman to crack.

The D coaches-- not so much. A few freshmen may crack the starting lineup.

But opinions vary.

GO BO!!

Honestly, with virtually an entirely new coaching staff I dont see how there is a depth chart. We can project all we want to and thats great, but there are people basing things off of last year. With new coaches you could see entirely different players on the field. The way these kids payed for the old staff might not be the same. I think its a pretty level plying field and the best players will play. I think we have a chance at seeing quite a few underclassmen contributing EARLY and that excites me.

I think everyone will be coming in and competing for a job...that is good.

I don't realistically see that the incoming freshmen will have an immediate impact other than to bring some much needed energy. There are a couple of stand outs that could come in and if they learn the system, could play...

The talent last year was there, just misdirected. They need to come in and get a new mental attitude - a hunger, which was not there last year. It seemed like everyone for the most part was walking through the season, relying on BC to make excuses for why they weren't doing the job. IMO if the starters from last year come in and are focused, the freshmen will have to wait their turn and play their butts off to get the chance to play. There are 22 starting spots, and I figure there will be at least 130 players competing for those jobs. If someone comes in with the attitude they can walk through the season and keep their job, I think Bo will yank them and put someone else that has as much talent, and more desire in to do the job.

I am looking forward to Nebraska football the way we used to know it...where the kids were hungry and worked to get here and stay here.

I am definitely psyched...almost more by the number and quality of walk ons than the incoming scholarship players. This is the number 1 key to the success of the future...as long as we have the coaches...and I believe we do.