this is a b12 recruiting question on iowa state and huskers

i know this is a husker forum,,but i have a questiion about iowa state in recruiting.. i notice over the years that they seem to be able to recruit out of florida,,, why is that,,,if you look at their recruiting class, it has many florida recruits..

why does nebraska not recruit florida much,,,there is a lot of great talent in florida.

i know this is a husker forum,,but i have a questiion about iowa state in recruiting.. i notice over the years that they seem to be able to recruit out of florida,,, why is that,,,if you look at their recruiting class, it has many florida recruits..

why does nebraska not recruit florida much,,,there is a lot of great talent in florida.

Nebraska got one of it's all time finest players from Florida. I'm sure the staff looks at several Florida high school players, but you sign the ones you get.

We seem to go for Texas first...

maybe it's just the coaches' familiarity with the regions

Probably thats the case. I would hope they don't forget NJ, California, Florida are just as important as Texas. Heck some of Nebraska best players came out of Oklahoma.

I can't remember where I saw it but I seem to remember reading an article latley about the Huskers and NJ. I think it was tilted something like "Mending Fences" and talked about how the past staff and even partly under solich how the huskers started to ignore NJ and how we have allready been working on reversing that trend. New Jersey has a lot of good talent, greg schiano maybe a good coach but part of the reason Rutgers as came from no where to atleast a decent team is that they are keeping a lot more of the instate kids than they ust to. No doubt some of that is due to Nebraska not recruiting there, that should be changing.

We seem to go for Texas first...

maybe it's just the coaches' familiarity with the regions

Probably thats the case. I would hope they don't forget NJ, California, Florida are just as important as Texas. Heck some of Nebraska best players came out of Oklahoma.

I can't remember where I saw it but I seem to remember reading an article latley about the Huskers and NJ. I think it was tilted something like "Mending Fences" and talked about how the past staff and even partly under solich how the huskers started to ignore NJ and how we have allready been working on reversing that trend. New Jersey has a lot of good talent, greg schiano maybe a good coach but part of the reason Rutgers as came from no where to atleast a decent team is that they are keeping a lot more of the instate kids than they ust to. No doubt some of that is due to Nebraska not recruiting there, that should be changing.

Read the same article and they had a quote from Doug Coleman who is a high school coach in NJ now. He said something to the effect that Nebraska presence was non existent and the last time they (Callahan) tried to contact his school, they had the name of the last coach on the envelope and Doug has been there for 4 years. Hopefully Nebraska can get their foot back in the door.

mcarney was from florida, so that helped a lot. in fact that is why he went to a florida school to coach, he had a house down there so it made the transition easy. its a lot easier to recruit there when you live there and most of the people on the roster are still his recruits.