Bo Pelini is badmouthing Nebraska.

kramer

Bo Pelini is badmouthing Nebraska. In the Lincoln Journal-Star-Husker recruit Phillip Dillard said Pelini was badmouthing Nebraska to him and saying"'Come to OU and I promise we will beat them' and all this other stuff". Dillard was apparently unimpressed and said "That's not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear how I could help the program."

In the Omaha World-Herald there is a similar story about Pelini badmouthing Nebraska. Dillard said he was "dogging" Nebraska and cussing us too. Pelini responded in this article and said "You know that's not true. He's probably saying that because he's bitter about not coming here. Kids are kids. He's an 18 year-old." In the same article, Pelini claims that Steve Pederson tried to sabotage his candidacy for the Pittsburgh job. Pederson denies it, and Pittsburgh's assistant AD for media relations said that "there was absolutely no communication between Pederson and AD Jeff Long."

One question I have to ask here-it appears that Pelini is commenting about Dillard in this article. Isn't it a violation of NCAA rules to comment publically on a recruit?

Bo Pelini, the pinnacle of unprofessionalism. Why would Dillard lie about Pelini, he would have no reason to. Pederson(who doesn't have much credibility)said he never contacted anyone regarding Pelini and the Pittsburgh AD agreed he never contacted Pederson as well. I suppose Pederson sabotaged his chances with Syracuse and the New York Jets last season. Get a life, you pathetic ass. He's just pissed because he can't keep the best defensive players in the state where he coaches, and he's losing them to the Huskers. I love it. Pelini, the man that evolution passed by.

Bo Pelini, the pinnacle of unprofessionalism. Why would Dillard lie about Pelini, he would have no reason to.

he told you, it was bc dillard was "bitter about not coming here"!! you know, th typical reaction of croots that get offer from a team but decid on another, they tend to get really pissd at the other tems theydecided not to go to!!! :rollin

what a sad man. :wacko:

It's pretty hard to give Pederson any credibility when everything he gets involved with becomes a controversy. He wanted to make his mark just like he did in Pitts. by firing Frank and now he has a head coach who "didn't realize there was pressure to win at NU" when Pederson plainly stated in the stupid news conference announcing Callahans hiring it was all about winning championships. Who are these idiots in charge of one of the most prestigious football programs in the country? No one I want to put two cents behind.

It's pretty hard to give Pederson any credibility when everything he gets involved with becomes a controversy.  He wanted to make his mark just like he did in Pitts. by firing Frank and now he has a head coach who "didn't realize there was pressure to win at NU"  when Pederson plainly stated in the stupid news conference announcing Callahans hiring it was all about winning championships. Who are these idiots in charge of one of the most prestigious football programs in the country? No one I want to put two cents behind.

1. I agree that he has trouble with relating to the public, but both him and the Pitt assistant AD corroborate the story that they had no contact concering Bo. Now it's Bo's words against theres. Like DJR said, did Pederson sabotoge your chance at those other jobs too? Is it hard to accept the fact that maybe no one wants you to bet their head coach now?

2. Callahan knew there was pressure to win at NU. If he didn't, why would he have said in a post game press conference "You don't come to Nebraska for a honeymoon". The point of the article that you are referring to was that the amount of pressure and haggling from unruly fans ( heckling their kids at school, hate mail, etc. Yea we really got some sweet fans let me tell you!) probably caught him by surprise. That's the way I read it.

Ok, Bo, so Dillard is bitter about not coming to Oklahoma? You realize that LOI day isn't here yet correct? You realize that he could turn around and come to Oklahoma because of that fact, correct? Why would he be "bitter"? He seems very happy with his choice which you seemingly helped him come to. Now, with your continuing help, he's gotta be one of our stronger commits. Thanks Bo. :wacko:

NU A.D. 'sabotaged' him, Pelini says

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

SAN ANTONIO - Comments Friday by a Nebraska football recruit provoked Oklahoma Co-Defensive Coordinator Bo Pelini to accuse NU Athletic Director Steve Pederson of attempting to sabotage Pelini's recent bid for the Pittsburgh head coaching position.

Linebacker Phillip Dillard, in an interview after the final practice before today's U.S. Army All-American Bowl, said Pelini bad-mouthed the Huskers last summer in recruiting.

Pelini, a former Nebraska defensive coach, was bypassed by Pederson in his head coaching search last year.

Dillard said Pelini was "dogging" Nebraska when the recruit visited Oklahoma's campus.

"He was cussing them, calling them a whole bunch of other stuff," Dillard said. "He said, 'Come to OU. We promise we'll beat them.'

"That's not what I wanted to hear."

Dillard, a highly regarded linebacker from Jenks, Okla., committed to Nebraska in July.

Told of Dillard's remarks Friday, Pelini denied criticizing Nebraska.

"You know it's not true," Pelini said. "He's probably saying it because he's bitter about not coming here. Kids are kids. He's an 18-year-old kid.

"I could care less about Nebraska, and I'm not going to bad-mouth them."

Pelini went on to say that Pederson tried to damage the coach's candidacy for the Pittsburgh job. Pittsburgh hired Dave Wannstedt Dec. 23.

Pederson, athletic director at Pittsburgh from 1996 to 2002, responded Friday.

"I have never, ever discussed Bo Pelini with any university administrator or designated official for a reference or other information," Pederson said in a statement.

E.J. Borghetti, assistant athletic director for media relations at Pittsburgh, said "there was absolutely no communication" between Pederson and Pittsburgh Athletic Director Jeff Long during Pittsburgh's coaching search.

"Moreover," Borghetti said, "Steve Pederson had absolutely no influence whatsoever on the viability of Bo Pelini's candidacy."

Pelini was a finalist for the Pittsburgh job. Syracuse also expressed interest in Pelini, but the Orangemen hired Texas Co-Defensive Coordinator Greg Robinson Tuesday.

It's pretty hard to give Pederson any credibility when everything he gets involved with becomes a controversy. He wanted to make his mark just like he did in Pitts. by firing Frank and now he has a head coach who "didn't realize there was pressure to win at NU" when Pederson plainly stated in the stupid news conference announcing Callahans hiring it was all about winning championships. Who are these idiots in charge of one of the most prestigious football programs in the country? No one I want to put two cents behind.

I agree totally.

Let's see, Pelini has a brash, abrasive personality, a fiery temper, is best friends with Stoops and hates Pederson (and probably NU) for the way he exited the program.

Dillard has committed to NU and isn't wavering on that commit at all, has his grades in line and his future looks great right now.

Damn thug Dillard seems to have all the reason in the world to me to lie about this!

Let's see, Pelini has a brash, abrasive personality, a fiery temper, is best friends with Stoops and hates Pederson (and probably NU) for the way he exited the program. 

Dillard has committed to NU and isn't wavering on that commit at all, has his grades in line and his future looks great right now.

Damn thug Dillard seems to have all the reason in the world to me to lie about this!

:wtf Yeah with his one year here and his overall team player mentality I'm sure he is real upset about the downfall of the NU program. Or, since he is now on the staff of our biggest rival he could be happier than a pig in sh#t.

Everyone has to know that Polini has to hate what has happened to the program he was once part of, maybe he has somewhat of a right to a little critisism, if he really even said anything that damaging.  Sounds to me like there is an 18 year old kid who is tryin to make a name for himself more than anything.

:wtf Make a name for himself??? First of all, let the kid sign his LOI first. Hmmm a great linebacker recruit frrom Oklahoma that COMMITS to our program vs. a pissed off coach that could care less about Nebraska. Hey in case the Pelini lovers haven't heard, HE COACHES FOR OKLAHOMA! If you love him so much, go buy some sooner gear and get the F*%k out, This Pelini crap is out of control. But I can see why; hell, look what a fine job his secondary did in the Orange bowl. I am sorry, but I am sick of reading things that suggest BP can do no wrong. This is ridiculous!!!

:lol: This is all laughable to me. pelini has a track record of roid raging when things dont go his way, and then he makes comments like this

"You know it's not true," Pelini said. "He's probably saying it because he's bitter about not coming here. Kids are kids. He's an 18-year-old kid.

this quote in itself is practically self condemninG!! when given a chance to be the big man and make a case for himself, waht does he do?!! he calls the kid bitter, and then all but says "who you gonna believe anyway, me or some 18 yr old kid??" what a winner.

it's like OJ saying sh$T like "no I didnt murder Ron & Nicole, but Ron's parents really didnt love him anyway so who cares!!"

and no i didnt make that quote up about oj i wish i did. he really said that. :waste

Just so I get this straight...

If a recruit who hasn't stepped foot on the field in Lincoln says something good about the NU program, he's telling the truth. But if a kid who has played under Callahan says something bad and leaves, he's lying or being bitter.

Right....got it.

IRISH!