Solich likes Bo

Husker82

Whether Frank was a good head coach or not, he is a Husker forever, and I am glad he no longer feels disconnected with the program. At the very least, he was an excellent RB coach, and he put in a ton of years here, including his playing days. His picture is back on the wall in the athletic department, and the door is always open for him to visit, unlike how it was for the last four years. So no matter what you think of him as a head coach, he will always be one of us.

Well put, couldn't agree more.

I think that if Solich could've found better ways to recruit talent, he would still be here. But Alas, no such luck.

More fluff

Maybe but I didn't see a quote from Pederson or Calllllllahan anywhere. If you miss your boys so much, Pitt just got their guy back, and the Jets just got the offensive genious they were looking for.

HEY! This is New York Jets Callahan. J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S...that spells JETS..............Hussssker fans

That's was a great bit.

Whether Frank was a good head coach or not, he is a Husker forever, and I am glad he no longer feels disconnected with the program. At the very least, he was an excellent RB coach, and he put in a ton of years here, including his playing days. His picture is back on the wall in the athletic department, and the door is always open for him to visit, unlike how it was for the last four years. So no matter what you think of him as a head coach, he will always be one of us.

Well put, couldn't agree more.

I think that if Solich could've found better ways to recruit talent, he would still be here. But Alas, no such luck.

:bang

First, let me say I'm a Husker fan by marriage. I married a woman who is a fanatical Husker fan right to the red nail polish she wears on her toes and she has truly gotten me to be a Husker fan as well. The three games I've attended at Memorial Stadium and the two bowl games I attended proved to me that Nebraska fans are the best in the world. As for Frank Solich and all your comments, I'll say this: When did the man EVER bad mouth that piece of buffalo dung known as Steve P? Never, to my knowledge. And I'll say this about him too: He's a better man than I am because if I was Frank Solich, the last photo anyone would have taken of me would have been one of me whizzing over that jerk's photo. What did Steve P do? Oh, no less than call what became a 9-3 season "mediocre." Nebraska fans should be grateful for what Solich did which was just short of dedicating his LIFE to a football program that made every citizen of the Corn Husker state proud, and everyone else outside of Nebraska just an envious bum outside looking in. You owe him at least that much.

First, let me say I'm a Husker fan by marriage. I married a woman who is a fanatical Husker fan right to the red nail polish she wears on her toes and she has truly gotten me to be a Husker fan as well. The three games I've attended at Memorial Stadium and the two bowl games I attended proved to me that Nebraska fans are the best in the world. As for Frank Solich and all your comments, I'll say this: When did the man EVER bad mouth that piece of buffalo dung known as Steve P? Never, to my knowledge. And I'll say this about him too: He's a better man than I am because if I was Frank Solich, the last photo anyone would have taken of me would have been one of me whizzing over that jerk's photo. What did Steve P do? Oh, no less than call what became a 9-3 season "mediocre." Nebraska fans should be grateful for what Solich did which was just short of dedicating his LIFE to a football program that made every citizen of the Corn Husker state proud, and everyone else outside of Nebraska just an envious bum outside looking in. You owe him at least that much.

I couldn't agree more. Solich has alot of Class to even not lower himself to Pederson's level.

Could not have been said any better! Solich dedicated over 30 years of his life to the Husker Football program (player and coach). :clap

Nicely said Celtic Rover. I have to admit that I was frustrated during the Solich years. I thought our talent dropped off markedly. However, I agree (with hindsight and we know what that is worth) that it would have been nice to see the 03' coaching staff have a little more time. Lets admit it, we were all living in the glory of the 90's and those expectations at that point.

I do think Solich handled himself with a professionalsim and class that is the staple of the TO years. I think we have it back, and if Solich can feel good about his years at NU again, and possibly be involved in some manner is a great thing. Good things should happen to good people, and Solich is good people.

I have to admit I was happy to see Solich have some success at Ohio.