nu basketball future

the huskers im sure youve heard have lost to isu, i and maybe most of you had dreams of an ncaa tourney bid after they beat oregon and asu but now those dreams are gone

what i want to know is can nu play solid consistent games? doc sadler has pushed the d to great heights but the offense has struggled at times. can nu find a man (besides maric) that can score consistently and really take some pressure off our offense.

i know our team is relatively young so do you think there is any hope for the nu team in the near future for them to climb up the ranks of the big 12 and maybe even a tourney bid?

If the near future is the rest of this year........no way humanly possible......we stink.....

Now, only my opinion, Doc is doing things the right way. He has said that NU is not going to be able to recruit the "superstars" like a KU, Duke, etc.... year after year... so, in Doc's opinion, he believes that the ONLY way he can compete is to bring decent kids in, redshirt them, and then bring them along, and when they are JR. and SR. we will have an experienced team with knowledge of Doc's system... sounds a bit like the Danny Nee teams..

rumor has it that 4 of the redshirt players would be in the top 7 on this year's team. Furthermore, I have heard that there may be a possibility of Anderson redshirting next season, so when the current redshirts can get a year under their belt, then bring Anderson in as a jr. , along with strowbridge and Miller and the other 4 current redhirts.... He would then have this combo for 2 years....

I think Doc is willing to suffer 1-3 years of painful basketball in order to build a system of "reloading" through the redshirt philosophy. Not a bad strategy, and he is at the right school to do it... NU basketball has pretty muched sucked for a majority of my 38 year life....so people should be okay with his idea..

Then, once he begins winning, he might be able to lure that "superstar" talent..

The way I look at it is that we haven't really been all that succesful in quite a while in basketball. Whats the big deal about waiting a few years to be really good? I think Doc can take us there and its not like we have "gravitated towards mediocrity" we are already there. We can only go up with Doc at the helm IMO.

The Huskers have no size on the team. It is pathetic. You take away Maric and the Huskers look like a junior varsity team. The fact that Doc has managed to get this many wins out of this group is nothing short of a miracle. Of all the 341 division 1 basketball teams, only 24 have starting 5s with an average height shorter than NU's. Cookie Miller is going to be awesome by the time he is a senior, Dagundaro is good at times, Anderson is a streaky shooter and without Maric, this team would be downright pathetic. I think better times will be here before too long. I like Sadler, and I think he is definitely going about things in the right way to build his program.

I know this program was horrible, and Sadler doesn't want guys like Maric, but all of his guys fast and lean, but I expected some more improvement. NU is definetly in the need of height, seriously, NU is not going to be able to compete in the big 12 unless they get more height. I sucks how KSUcks can get players like Beasly that instantly make the program a success, even if it is only for one year. I just wish Doc could get someone like that to help build the program, and then he can be more picky on who he goes after

The way I look at it is that we haven't really been all that succesful in quite a while in basketball. Whats the big deal about waiting a few years to be really good? I think Doc can take us there and its not like we have "gravitated towards mediocrity" we are already there. We can only go up with Doc at the helm IMO.

I think part of it the fact that the football team has not been very good the past few years. And Husker fans are in need of a winner... whether it's basketball or whatever. It doesn't help that the baseball team has been struggling the last couple of years too. I think we're all tired of being a middle of the road program. We want to win now.

That's just my opinion though...