Husker football in the future

JHaWk

Agreed. So in your honest opinion, how much better do you think the defense will be? I might be being too optimistic but I think we can have a top 30 or better defense. I mean, are our players really that bad?

I think we could have a top 25 defense. But there are too many good offenses we'll be seeing this season for that to happen. I think we'll have a team capable of competing for the B12 title, but, as others have mentioned, the competition level in the B12 looks to be very high this year. Plus there's always an element of luck like injuries and how the ball bounces.

Thanks for the responses guys. This is how I see things. Our offense was solid this last year but will be more physical and clock controlling this year. This will help our defense. The defense plays inspired and great coaching adjustments help control the offenses we will be facing. Not saying we have the players that Oklahoma has or had, but the scheme is what shut down Daniel and the Tigers in the Big 12 championship game. Our defense spent WAY too much time on the field last year and thing just seemed to snowball. That won't happen this year. A couple three and outs or turnovers in the bigger games, and the Blackshirts will start to get back that attitude we all miss so much. Not saying we will win all the games but we have the potential surprise alot of people. With all the upsets last year, Nebraska has a chance to get on a roll and once we have some success the snowball effect may be going in the right direction for us.

I know this is optimistic but it could definately happen. I know I keep hammering this but we are not as far away as some may think.

keeping the staff members

As far as I can remember he had no problem with staff members. In fact I can remember one time that Nebraska use to be known for having the most time in school of staff members out of every NCAA school. I remember a while back that NU use to have a total of 85 years coaching the Huskers with the entire staff. I think that was 2 years before TO resigned. I would actually have to spend the time to dig up the numbers to check but I think Im about right with the thought.

I agree that the talent cupboard is not bare. We scored some points last year. If we can improve our defense in points allowed if nothing else, I think we could see a 9 win season next year. If we do, that will fall into recruiting the talent that it will take to be a top 10 team nationally. I think Bo's X and O's are solid, and the fact we were able to keep our Offensive coaches, will make the transition much smoother.

With Bo's enthusiasm and TO's influence, I just don't see this thing not turning around quickly.

I agree that the talent cupboard is not bare. We scored some points last year. If we can improve our defense in points allowed if nothing else, I think we could see a 9 win season next year. If we do, that will fall into recruiting the talent that it will take to be a top 10 team nationally. I think Bo's X and O's are solid, and the fact we were able to keep our Offensive coaches, will make the transition much smoother.

With Bo's enthusiasm and TO's influence, I just don't see this thing not turning around quickly.

Well, I think there will be some bumps in the road, but in the long run we will get back to being a top 10 program again. I'm not expecting miracles next season or even the one after that. I just want steady progress and not steps backwards. :thumbs