2005 Class

Man, I really hope Nunn and a couple other receivers put up some big numbers this year so we can get a big boy or 2 in here next year. It doesn't look like that will be the case this year. We have been in on a lot of really good receivers, and it's starting to look like the recruiting days of old, when many top prospects had us and someone else listed as favorites and at the last minute decided not to don the most beautiful Scarlet N in the world. Boateng, LaFell, now apparently Brooks, are going elsewhere or appear to be going elsewhere. We NEED a stud at WR, and it doesn't seem like we'll have him this year.

IMO if both lines improve and the quarterback???? can hit the open man then the yards will come. Those two WR's from Tx seem to be tall enough and quick enough but it sounds like that wasnt the trouble last year. Granted getting the best offensive recruits will improve the team but maybe not immediately. Like BC said the WCO hinges on the play of the qb so Harrison Beck/Zac Taylor/Jordan Adams/Joe Dailey and company need to find the open man. Hit the open man and they will come :)

Of course, that includes the JUCO players coming in this year too.!

GBR

:horns2

IMO if both lines improve and the quarterback???? can hit the open man then the yards will come. Those two WR's from Tx seem to be tall enough and quick enough but it sounds like that wasnt the trouble last year. Granted getting the best offensive recruits will improve the team but maybe not immediately. Like BC said the WCO hinges on the play of the qb so Harrison Beck/Zac Taylor/Jordan Adams/Joe Dailey and company need to find the open man. Hit the open man and they will come :)

Of course, that includes the JUCO players coming in this year too.!

GBR

:horns2

As DaveH and others that attended games noted, receivers were open and we couldn't hit them. So I agree completely - as much as a stud receiver would help, better quarterback play will help far more, and the receivers we have could have a banner year.

These are two nice recruits. It will be nice to have Brooks along with Hunter, Franklin, and Nunn at the WR. Brooks should be a nice target across the middle. Hopefully he doesn't pull up like Pilkington did most of this year. 6'3" 190 and runs a 4.5 that's pretty good. I think Hunter is like 211lbs and runs a 4.5. We should have a solid wr corp.

sorry fomerfan that brooks isnt perfect

Go **** yourself

My how classy you are!!!

My point being (if you took off your scarlet colored glasses and joined us in the real world) that NU needs a big play/deep threat to stretch the field, and open up the short to medium range passes that the Wet Soap O is known for.

Im sorry that you dont have the knowledge of football, or the mental capacities to understand something so simple.

sorry fomerfan that brooks isnt perfect

Go **** yourself

BelieveinHuskers247 listen up bud. There is no need for that last line of your post. Whether you censor it or not, it is still an unprovoked personal attack on another member. Formerfan did nothing to insult you or Brooks, he merely stated that he has less than world-class speed. Focus on the topic, not other members.

Is Fluellen (sp) back next year or has he graduated. If he is I hope he will be able to stay healthy and use his speed. Brooks was advertised as a good possesion type receiver and if he has good hands he's a welcomed addition. With our additions to WR position perhaps they can be used to shuttle in plays so our QB's can stay on the field.

Is Fluellen (sp) back next year or has he graduated. If he is I hope he will be able to stay healthy and use his speed. Brooks was advertised as a good possesion type receiver and if he has good hands he's a welcomed addition. With our additions to WR position perhaps they can be used to shuttle in plays so our QB's can stay on the field.

Fluellen should be a junior this year (2005-06).

I guess the most exciting thing for me about all these recruits are that they are some of the best in the country ( again, according to the guys who live and breathe recruiting) and they want to come to NU. I find that awesome. :)

I got this from rivals.  This dude only had 4.5 speed and was a 4 star recruit and I think he did ok.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...key=733&Sport=1

Great point!!!!

And Brian Knuckles only broke Mike Rozier's records in JUCO.

What was that point, again?

I believe the point was you can be a receiver with 4.5 speed an dbe good in College Football. Next time I will type slower for you. :thumbs