Worst Fans in Big 12: NU # 4??

Blackshirt

I just don't like how vicious everyone seems on that polls blog. Guess we should be honored that there are so many responses, unlike some of the other conferences, but it is proving too that there are some really bad fans in this conference. Maybe I take things too personal, but some of the stuff on that thread is pretty disgusting.

You still operate under the assumption that your behavior is somehow tied into the color of one's hat that they wear, where as the reality is that there are asshats everywhere and it doens't matter if the subject is sports, politics, religion, games, or heck, even the weather.

I just don't like how vicious everyone seems on that polls blog. Guess we should be honored that there are so many responses, unlike some of the other conferences, but it is proving too that there are some really bad fans in this conference. Maybe I take things too personal, but some of the stuff on that thread is pretty disgusting.

You still operate under the assumption that your behavior is somehow tied into the color of one's hat that they wear, where as the reality is that there are asshats everywhere and it doens't matter if the subject is sports, politics, religion, games, or heck, even the weather.

How true.

Weather:

Anyways back on topic I also voted for CU, this poll isn't asking whether every single person from that teams fanbase is a terrible person but rather which teams fanbase has more bad apples than the other teams fanbases. Just my opinion though :P

Well I can't vote for ISU fans because I think you have to show up to the games to be the 'Worst Fans'? :lol:

Ha ha...a funny guy <_<

I'll have you know that ISU fans set attendance records last year, averaging over 50,000 fans for the first time since 1982...and considering the stadium only seats 48,000 and that the team was...well...less than stellar...I think that shows the resiliancy of the ISU fan base.

But, if it makes everyone happy, I will be glad to get a group of friends together in order to slash tires, break out windows and throw stuff on the field so we can qualify as having "real" fans...

Just yankin' your chain Cy. :lol:

Anyways, I become an ISU fan when you guys play Iowa.

I voted twice. First for kU, then I cast my second vote for nebraska. A lot of you are mystified as to why anyone would vote that way, and I'll try to shed some light on that decision. The kansas vote was easy, I hate them and they hate me. The nebraska vote is not because of colorado style drunken abuse, its because of arrogance. A few of the responses in this thread are pretty representative of that. examples:

mizzou fans will put a vote down for nebraska just becasue of the 30+ years of domination they had endure at the hands of doctor tom and the huskers of old.

i work with bunch of mizzou fans and their biggest gripe about nebraska is about how spoiled nebraska fans are about the team. by 'spoiled' they mean how nebraska fans have high expectations each year and every year and think that it's irrational to show that type of commitment to a college football team.

i guess it's a cultural thing.

Or maybe its because of the superior attitude showcased here.

sCUm fans are on the blog just bad mouthing Nebraska to death, showing their true colors and jealousy for the class Nebraska fans have over sCUm fans. I think it is only a couple of guys, but boy are they ragging on anyone from Nebraska that posts.

This really should be pretty self-explanatory. Other programs are jealous of nebraska. This is exactly the kind of self serving arrogance that just sends me around the bend.

Later from the same post:

Evidently nobody had told Missouri fans about the poll yet, or I am sure they would be on there voting for us also

kansas University is where the vast majority of Mizzou votes are going.

What really kills me is the "greatest fans in college football" BS. Just because you didn't key my car doesn't make you great, and smugly bragging about not urine-bombing me does not make you better fans, it makes you just as bad but in a different way.

I didn't vote, for I think it is a stupid poll, but of course people will just bash me because they think I am protesting that CU is in the lead, I just think it is stupid to assume that an entire fan base is bad. Perhaps I am naive, or better yet I just think I have become somewhat enlightened.

Go Tigers, its not cocky or arrogant if we can back it up. I think that ones answered. You might see it as being arrogant, but you need to look at it from our side. If the Missouri football team had the most consitant winning program in the nation for 30 years and started to slip a little, and the opponent's fans started to talk trash, wouldn't you be saying the same things to argue your point of view? Seriously?