Justin Tomerlin

Justin Tomerlin is now VERY interested in NU.  Says its neck & neck b/t Mich St and NU at this point.  Was floored by his experience this wknd.  The total package blew his mind. Didnt expect to be half as impressed as he was. Came to Lincoln as a favor to his roomate Zac Taylor with a small chance of de-committing from MSU --- but after one wknd in Lincoln things have completely changed for Justin. 

From what I can tell, I really think that JT has fallen in love with NU.  Combine the fact that his best friend and ex QB/roommate is pulling him hard to Go Big Red, I'd say we have a very good chance of landing this badass.  He says the coaches will now need to convince his family & girlfriend that NU is the place for him -- so 2 coaches are going to Cali (fam) and 2 to Florida State (girl)  to speak with them.  Send in the closer baby!!

More to come on Justin...

I read this before, I have a snippet from an article that reaffirms this.

The coaches actually traveled to three states to get this guy to commit.

Not one to sit on their laurels, Nebraska wasted no time in taking one day to personally visit his girlfriend (Kristine) in Florida, his parents in California and Justin himself back at Butler Community College.

If what Nebraska was doing wasn’t enough, add to the allure of the Huskers the fact that now, two former teammates at Butler just this last year are also future Huskers themselves. "Yeah, it was a pretty good deal with Zac and now Frantz being there," he said. "It didn’t impact my decision like what the coaches did with what they were doing to keep my family and girlfriend informed, but will be nice to play with those guys again."
Big Red Report

Dedication.

Sweet. I know there's a big debate about not falling into the KState effect by becoming too JC laden -- but it sure doesnt hurt to open up a pipeline from one of the top JC's year n and year out -- from the depths of Kansas no less. Somewhere Bill Snyder is still picking his nose.

No doubt. If there are good players there in JC's then yea we should go after them. However, HS talent is where the meat of your program is going to come from in the long run IMO.

Sweet.  I know there's a big debate about not falling into the KState effect by becoming too JC laden -- but it sure doesnt hurt to open up a pipeline from one of the top JC's year n and year out --  from the depths of Kansas no less.  Somewhere Bill Snyder is still picking his nose.

No doubt. If there are good players there in JC's then yea we should go after them. However, HS talent is where the meat of your program is going to come from in the long run IMO.

Agreed. The nice thing about the "pipeline" is that we control the flow -- Im sure our braintrust already has plans to scale it down some next year to balance things out.

Agreed. The nice thing about the "pipeline" is that we control the flow -- Im sure our braintrust already has plans to scale it down some next year to balance things out.

Word. I really wish sometimes I could ask them the questions floating around in my head. :)