Justin Tomerlin

Player: Justin Tomerlin

Hometown: San Clemente, CA

Position: DE

Height: 6’6”

Weight: 260

40 time: 4.62

Visit Date: 1/21/05

Scholarships offered: Kansas St, Nebraska, Michigan St.

Favorites: Nebraska, Michigan St.

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: ***

Insiders: ***

Assessing the talent: Prototype DE, big frame, with lots of speed. Has a year of post high school football under his belt at Butler Comm. College.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 48% With the help of Zac Taylor, Tomerlin has placed the HUskers on his radr screen. It appears the Huskers are bemong more and more likely.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...sp?pr_key=31519

Height:6-6

Weight:265

40 time: 4.64

it says that hes a soft verbal to michigan st.

but it says he signed LOI with Florida st.

how is that???

is he from the same JUCO as Frandz Hardy and Zac Taylor???

yeh same JC as Hardy y Taylor. so with that in mind all bets are off and N-ything can happn!!! :horns2

Justin was Z Taylor's roommate at the CC dont know what is going on at mich st for him to start thinking other schools but i tsounds like 'N' has a decent chance of getting him.

And by the way the tundra is starting to thaw - got very hot today with the signing of brooks and suh :band play on Huskers ( 4 more to sign)

:cheers

Justin Tomerlin is now VERY interested in NU. Says its neck & neck b/t Mich St and NU at this point. Was floored by his experience this wknd. The total package blew his mind. Didnt expect to be half as impressed as he was. Came to Lincoln as a favor to his roomate Zac Taylor with a small chance of de-committing from MSU --- but after one wknd in Lincoln things have completely changed for Justin.

From what I can tell, I really think that JT has fallen in love with NU. Combine the fact that his best friend and ex QB/roommate is pulling him hard to Go Big Red, I'd say we have a very good chance of landing this badass. He says the coaches will now need to convince his family & girlfriend that NU is the place for him -- so 2 coaches are going to Cali (fam) and 2 to Florida State (girl) to speak with them. Send in the closer baby!!

More to come on Justin...

One bit of good news for the Spartans on Tuesday was that one of their highest-ranked commitments, Justin Tomerlin, a four-star tight end/defensive end from Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kan., said he remains firmly with MSU, although he is planning to look at two more schools.

Tomerlin said he will visit California and Nebraska.

"I was talking to my parents and they just want me to take them," Tomerlin said. "But I know what those schools have to offer and it's not what I'm looking for. I'm still solid with Michigan State."

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...2/1019/ARCHIVES

One bit of good news for the Spartans on Tuesday was that one of their highest-ranked commitments, Justin Tomerlin, a four-star tight end/defensive end from Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kan., said he remains firmly with MSU, although he is planning to look at two more schools.

Tomerlin said he will visit California and Nebraska.

"I was talking to my parents and they just want me to take them," Tomerlin said. "But I know what those schools have to offer and it's not what I'm looking for. I'm still solid with Michigan State."

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...2/1019/ARCHIVES

That article is from a week ago, Jan 19.

If you read Blackshirt's post, it's pretty much straight from the rivals Husker paysite, which says that he was floored by his experience here this weekend and it really opened his eyes.