Season Ticket Improvement

I currently have season tickets in the North End Zone and have had them for two years and pay the minimum contribution. I contacted the Athletic Development office to see what I would have to give to move down. They told me if I gave $1,000 per seat I would have the opportunity to move down to rows 1-30 and if I gave $500 per seat I would move down about 40-50 rows. My question is, how accurate is this information. My fear is that I begin giving a large contribution and move down 7 rows and still sit next to a guy who gave $150 per seat. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I currently have season tickets in the North End Zone and have had them for two years and pay the minimum contribution. I contacted the Athletic Development office to see what I would have to give to move down. They told me if I gave $1,000 per seat I would have the opportunity to move down to rows 1-30 and if I gave $500 per seat I would move down about 40-50 rows. My question is, how accurate is this information. My fear is that I begin giving a large contribution and move down 7 rows and still sit next to a guy who gave $150 per seat. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Why would you be thinking about that during a game? Seems to me if they say 'give us this, and we'll put you here' and you do and they do, then you've gotten what you paid for. Isn't that the point?

Why would you be thinking about that during a game? Seems to me if they say 'give us this, and we'll put you here' and you do and they do, then you've gotten what you paid for. Isn't that the point?

Who said anything about thinking about this during the game? It's March 2nd right now. I am looking for someone who has actually increased their donation and improved seats here. Not someone who is looking to be a smart a$$ to make themself look cool on a MESSAGE BOARD!

Be happy you have seats. There is a list of people that would be more than happy to take the seats you now occupy if your not happy with them. :LOLtartar

Trust me, I am more than happy being in the stadium on game days. Do I sound ungrateful? If you sat in the 99th row, don't you think you would like to move down if you had the chance?

Honestly I hope that thats not true as a person who sits in row 40 of the North Stadium. I would be so pissed, and I really don't think they would do this but if someone way above me donated more than I do and I got moved back as a person who has been a season ticket holder much longer than this other person.

Also that just wouldn't make sense because if you donated more than someone and got moved up, and the person that gets moved back decides they want to donate more to get moved back up then someone else would move back and the whole thing would be a mess that i don't believe Athletic Department would want to deal with.

Bigahusker............ To each his own........ I sit and have sat in row 94 in the South end zone since '93, and I personally do not want to move down...... Being a coach, I actually enjoy watching the game from high up in the end zone. It is awesome to watch holes open, routes come free, and techniques/schemes of pulling and rushing on D...... If you are in an end zone, why would you like to be lower? The lower you are, the less view of the entire field you have. At least being up high, you can pretty much see the opposite end of the field, including the yardage.... if you move lower, once the teams cross the mid-field, you pretty much look at asses and elbows, and you also lose the depth perception....

Anyone on the sideline seats and low, typically do not get the "big picture" because it is tough to see through all of the "garbage" to actually "watch" a play..... Maybe this is the football coach and loving to actually "watch" a game instead of seeing or just being at a game...... I am not saying that you fall into the latter categories, so this is not an attack, but honsetly, other than a few less steps to the bathroom, why are you interested in rows 1-30, or even anything under row 60 , especially in the endzone..... now, if you are elderly, or have mobility issues, then by all means, I see your point.

Bigahusker............ To each his own........ I sit and have sat in row 94 in the South end zone since '93, and I personally do not want to move down...... Being a coach, I actually enjoy watching the game from high up in the end zone. It is awesome to watch holes open, routes come free, and techniques/schemes of pulling and rushing on D...... If you are in an end zone, why would you like to be lower? The lower you are, the less view of the entire field you have. At least being up high, you can pretty much see the opposite end of the field, including the yardage.... if you move lower, once the teams cross the mid-field, you pretty much look at asses and elbows, and you also lose the depth perception....

Anyone on the sideline seats and low, typically do not get the "big picture" because it is tough to see through all of the "garbage" to actually "watch" a play..... Maybe this is the football coach and loving to actually "watch" a game instead of seeing or just being at a game...... I am not saying that you fall into the latter categories, so this is not an attack, but honsetly, other than a few less steps to the bathroom, why are you interested in rows 1-30, or even anything under row 60 , especially in the endzone..... now, if you are elderly, or have mobility issues, then by all means, I see your point.

Finally, a true Husker fan helping another true husker fan. Some of you guys on this board need to keep your comments to yourselves as we all are rooting for the same team here. I thought I would get some serious answers from my fellow Husker fans. Instead some of you like to belittle your own kind.

HANC, thanks for your response. I do like being higher and agree with your view. I would not want to be in rows 1-30 for the same reasons you stated. I would however like to be at about row 60 or so. When my Grandfather was alive, he had seats in about row 45 of the North End Zone and they were good seats and you were still able to see the holes open up. Last year for the Ball State game I sat in row one in the west stadium and that was about as bad as it gets. We basically watched the whole game on HuskerVision.

Yes, row 60 would be ideal....... still high enough to see.... Just got to be careful not to get in rows 1 - 10 at the beginning of the "upper" stadium (sorry, I am not sure what exact row the upper stadium begins with, probably 50-55 ??), because then you will always have people walking just below you in the "walk-way"......but, obviously, you have sat in row 60 and it is a good seat.... sorry I am no help on the donation end of things, I have never requested a move, so I have no idea on how much improvement you would be guaranteed.......my suggestion is to once again email or call the ticket office and ask how much a seat in row 60-65 will cost (donation wise)... I see your point not wanting to donate MORE money, and only gaining 10 rows or so...

Believe it or not, while I was a student at UNL, one year, our seats were on the 50 yard line, row 1 !!!!!!

When we were notified our seats were there, we were hyped.... crazy times......BUT, the seats are not that good....wouldn't want to sit there at all anymore... they were fun to "brag" about, but the view was not good.... although, we were extremely close to the team and one highlight was watching William Washington (former TE) con a hot dog or two late in a game and shove them into his mouth before a coach would see....funny stuff...

Much rather watch a game from upper part of end zone....

Have a buddy who watched from a sky box (original ones on West side) last year..... and his normal seats are in south stadium row 94 ( about 30 seats from mine...what a coincidence), but he said he didn't really think the boxes where very "cool".....said he would much rather be in his regular endzone seat... Once again, just one man's opinion.

I agree with you HANC. We had season tickets in the South end zone, row 71 in 2006 and they were phenomenal. Quick getting in and out and the view was awesome. I like the end zones better than east/west, myself. Or at least I have convinced myself that I do since I am too poor to afford to sit on the 30-40 yard line every game. I would be happy having a guarantee that if I donated anything, that I would be able to get season tickets, period.