An Osborne move (no pun intended) i dont like.

I understand- a little- the reasonings behind this but I think there's something people for it, including TO forgot about..

that one something NU strives on...

TRADITION.

since TO became the AD I thought we were locked for it but I guess not really T_T

There is another tradition. He who donates the largest amount the most often gets the best treatment. All we need to do is expand that treatment and you can get rid of all the little guys. There are plenty of traditions. Sitting on the one you like isn't realistic.

There is another tradition. That one is that memorial stadium is the loudest most intimidating house in the nation. That can't happen with nothing but post retirees in the stands. Nothing agains retirees but Memorial stadius is NO LONGER the loudest most intimidating stadium around, not even in the big 12 and show knows maybe not even the most intimidating in the Big 12 North before long.

We have a lot of traditions. You can weight out the tradition of having the best facilities against the lowest ticket prices. They are both traditions but it is hard for both to continue to exist. That is why ticket holders must learn to roll with the punches. It's not 1968 anymore. It's 2008 and above all Bo is back and the tradition of great defense, a loud intimidating excited stadium and intensity are about to begin. Times change. We can change with them or we can get off the track and let someone else run with the big dawgs. You going to see a lot of new traditions but this ticket thing has little to do with tradition. Maybe history but not tradition and there is a difference.

Sorry if I'm coming across as harsh but frankly some of these squibbles over nothing or something that only effects a handfull of ticket holders when the other 1.69 million other Nebraska fans are getting pumped about the upcoming seasing is a bit of an irritation.

Oh has I almost forgot as far as the "me" generation comments.........isn't putting ones season ticket prefrences above those of the university, the football program and other ticket holders the real "me" generation act! Thats what the article is really about. His tickets, his seating preference, his 4 tickets instead of two, his donations, his supporting over the years etc. Me, me, me, me and me.

Deserves no comment from me. My statements are proven.

Have a nice day.

Not to start an argument but I read in a newspaper once that a guy saw a flying saucer come down from the sky and green guys took him and did experiments on him. Just because he said it and just because it was in the paper didn't prove anything. I also know a guy who has had season tickets for approximately 40 years. His tickets always get used but he certainly hasn't been to every game. He donates and he gets his tickets every year. The couple who had the tickets beside them were good friends over the years and they too still get their tickets but they are never there. Their kids go friends etc. but they no longer attend. The price of gas, the long hike to the stadium and many other things make it difficult for them.

The program going down the tubes isn't proven but time will tell. You may be right, then again it may just be your opinion but it's hard to prove that something is going to happen before it actually happens.

My point is that opinions are not proof...........that and I'm in a particularly good mood and tend to enjoy a good dialogue of opposing view points.

Personally I'm going to have a great day and thank you for suggesting that I do. The sun is shining and it is baseball season. Just caught an inning over lunch and hopefully I'll catch the end of the Husker game later on the radio. I hope it will be a win and yes it is going to be a wonderful day.

More me generation comments.

This program and its fans are headed down the tube.

It is beginning to sicken me listening to some of you.

50 years, donated, paid and came to every game. Yea flush it down the drain as he has other tickets. Or he can just move. Tom wants more money, you whine when the students get moved because of their obnoxious behavior, but some one who has paid the bills for years he is fair game.

Pathetic.

First of all, I want to reiterate: without students, there would be no University. Without a University, there would be no football program. Students are the center of the program, and the center of the University...season ticket holders are not.

And I don't quite get this "me" generation thing you keep mentioning. It doesn't make any sense to me, because it is human nature to think of oneself; this article is a perfect example. This fan is not thinking of all the possible money that these new club seats will generate; nor is he thinking about how that money could benefit the University, its programs, and/or its facilities (not really sure how the football money is distributed). Nope, he is thinking about how this move will displace him. He is thinking how he won't be able to have the good view anymore, and how he doesn't think he should have to move because he donates money and has been a fan for 50 years. In case you missed it: he is thinking of himself and himself only. Not sure, but I think that would fit into your definition of the "me" generation.

Besides, if it were up to the older generation, everything would still be done the same exact way. I would be fine with this if it weren't for our dynamic environment. That just doesn't work. Seating and tickets prices cannot and will not stay the same forever and it is foolish to think so.

Is he a great Husker fan? Yes, and we all thank him for that. Is he a better Husker fan than everyone else because he has been a fan and donating to the team for 50 years? No, and it always annoys me when some individuals in the older generation walk around acting like everyone owes them something. We don't owe them a damn thing. Sorry, but it's the truth. I treat everyone the way I would like to be treated regardless of how old or young. I treat people with respect and that's the way it should be.

It's very hypocritical to take the stance that the "me" generation is always thinking about themselves when you do the same thing, and the guy that is quoted in this article is doing the same exact thing! We are all part of the "me" generation...it's human nature, and there is no way you can argue this.

It sucks that people have to be moved in order for the new changes to take place. But the changes being made aren't for the hell of it. In the future, this will create the greatest amount of good, for the greatest amount of people (fans). I believe this was what Mr. Bentham was talking about when he coined the term Utilitarianism.

Deserves no comment from me. My statements are proven.

Have a nice day.

Not to start an argument but I read in a newspaper once that a guy saw a flying saucer come down from the sky and green guys took him and did experiments on him. Just because he said it and just because it was in the paper didn't prove anything. I also know a guy who has had season tickets for approximately 40 years. His tickets always get used but he certainly hasn't been to every game. He donates and he gets his tickets every year. The couple who had the tickets beside them were good friends over the years and they too still get their tickets but they are never there. Their kids go friends etc. but they no longer attend. The price of gas, the long hike to the stadium and many other things make it difficult for them.

The program going down the tubes isn't proven but time will tell. You may be right, then again it may just be your opinion but it's hard to prove that something is going to happen before it actually happens.

My point is that opinions are not proof...........that and I'm in a particularly good mood and tend to enjoy a good dialogue of opposing view points.

Personally I'm going to have a great day and thank you for suggesting that I do. The sun is shining and it is baseball season. Just caught an inning over lunch and hopefully I'll catch the end of the Husker game later on the radio. I hope it will be a win and yes it is going to be a wonderful day.

Great post. :clap

First of all, I want to reiterate: without students, there would be no University. Without a University, there would be no football program. Students are the center of the program, and the center of the University...season ticket holders are not.

Taking that into account, do you think that moving the student section was all in the name of progress? Was this move really altruistic, as opposed to serving a specific demographic?

Like I said before, I no longer have student tickets - haven't since I graduated undergrad. This doesn't affect me whatsoever.

Honestly, this article would not have really bothered me at all - all others things being equal. But couple this with the moving of the student-section - and that just makes for a lot of unhappy people.

I don't like the student section move, this only makes the student section even less of a factor for opposing teams.

Taking that into account, do you think that moving the student section was all in the name of progress? Was this move really altruistic, as opposed to serving a specific demographic?

Like I said before, I no longer have student tickets - haven't since I graduated undergrad. This doesn't affect me whatsoever.

Honestly, this article would not have really bothered me at all - all others things being equal. But couple this with the moving of the student-section - and that just makes a lot of unhappy people.

I don't like the student section move, this only makes the student section even less of a factor for opposing teams.

Well, I wouldn't mind the student section moving if they weren't putting them up AWAY from the field. No offense, but how threatened is the other team going to be with a bunch of old people clapping their hands? Granted, it's not all older people that will now sit adjacent to the visiting team, but I would guess that's where most of these older folks will go now because I am sure they were the ones who complained about not being able to see.

Have you noticed where the students are at other stadiums? Have you also noticed how many students there are at other stadiums? Memorial Stadium was not built to project crowd noise onto the field. Therefore, the noise has to come from close to the field in order for players - and especially the visitors - to be affected. Granted, there are others in the crowd that yell until their throats are bleeding, but the students have a special bond to the team - they attend the University. They are loud, and get the rest of the crowd even more into it (see Kyle Field). Not only is the crowd loud down in A&M Land, but the students stand...................the entire game!!!

So, to answer you: no, I don't agree with moving the student section, because it is a University game. If it was an NFL or other pro game, it wouldn't matter. Move those youngins. But the simple fact of the matter is that this is not the NFL. This is NCAA. Collegiate. It makes me sick taking the students out and putting them somewhere that they are no longer a factor just to please ticket holders.

Well, I wouldn't mind the student section moving if they weren't putting them up AWAY from the field. No offense, but how threatened is the other team going to be with a bunch of old people clapping their hands?

I don't think the opposing team will feel very affected by "Hey, down in front!"

Course, now this is one-less section where this will be the prevailing cheer.

Well, I wouldn't mind the student section moving if they weren't putting them up AWAY from the field. No offense, but how threatened is the other team going to be with a bunch of old people clapping their hands?

I don't think the opposing team will feel very affected by "Hey, down in front!"

Course, now this is one-less section where this will be the prevailing cheer.

I think that when the Huskers field a team that kicks the crap out of everyone like in the "good ol' days" it will all take care of itself.. :)

***SNIP***

No, and it always annoys me when some individuals in the older generation walk around acting like everyone owes them something. We don't owe them a damn thing. Sorry, but it's the truth.

***SNIP***

Apparently, you're not familiar with Social Security. :lol:

Ha! So that's where my damn money is going!!!

It's a shame it won't be around to support me when I am old.

***SNIP***

No, and it always annoys me when some individuals in the older generation walk around acting like everyone owes them something. We don't owe them a damn thing. Sorry, but it's the truth.

***SNIP***

lol @ the ss part, very true lol.

but if we are the 'me' generation then skers must be from the 'gimmie' generation

i've done all of this, i've done all of that.. you all owe me

***SNIP***

***SNIP***

Pardon the lad for not believing in a system that requires one to pay-in....yet, ultimately, never receive any benefits in return. Unless a person is currently 60+ years old (even then, you're reaching)...you have little chance at receiving/RECIPROCATING the benefits for all those taxes you paid out over the years.

And yes, I know you (AR Husker Fan) were being facetious.

Regardless of what "Michael" meant, Social Security IS a joke to anyone under 60.

I've now skewed this into a pro/con social-security thing...

26 years in the Marine Corps, two tours in Viet Nam.

Been a Husker fan for over 50 years, family has put hundreds of thousands of dollars in the University. 23 graduates and two there now, three starting next year. The family has owned season tickets and still donates quite a bit of money every single year since the early 1920's. There has not been a single generation that did not attend Nebraska since the late 1800's.

I have given more than you cold ever imagine son.

You don't owe me a damned thing. You could not afford to pay for it if you did.

My concern is our lack of caring about loyalty that this gentlemen has shown. Not the fact that we are upgrading the stadium. I understand that times move on.

I liken it to your parents owning the family dream house. Where you grew up and and your brothers and sisters, one day the city says we are building a new road through your house, here is what you get and now move. I know it hapens, but neither you nor your parents would think it was fair. Not having the concern for what he has done for the program, nor the investment he may have made is what concerns me. That is what I call the me generation. Very few of the students at Nebrask are life long fans that support the University is my guess. I have relation that do not participate in donations/support and trust me some could donate a lot of money there and it would not hurt them. You are either a life long fan or just a fan for the time being. Most of you guys will fit into the life long fan category I would imagine, but most of the students are not. They are taking what they get and moving on.. A lot of our die hard students buy the tickets to sell to others. A money making opportunity to say the least. The universtiy knows how many students attend and would attend. I doubt many more than the alloted number. You have to have all the fans to fill the stadium, you take out the older ones and your sell out record ends, period.

They make the stadium upgrades due to demand. Some think we could fill a 100 thousand seat stadium, if we could it would be there. Not the fan base that some think there is, is my guess.