An Osborne move (no pun intended) i dont like.

26 years in the Marine Corps, two tours in Viet Nam.

This definitely doesn't have anything to do with moving people in a football stadium. I appreciate what you did, but please stick with the subject.

Been a Husker fan for over 50 years, family has put hundreds of thousands of dollars in the University. 23 graduates and two there now, three starting next year. The family has owned season tickets and still donates quite a bit of money every single year since the early 1920's. There has not been a single generation that did not attend Nebraska since the late 1800's.

Okay, that's great. I never questioned if you were a fan or not, and this doesn't have to do with the gentleman being moved either.

I liken it to your parents owning the family dream house. Where you grew up and and your brothers and sisters, one day the city says we are building a new road through your house, here is what you get and now move. I know it hapens, but neither you nor your parents would think it was fair. Not having the concern for what he has done for the program, nor the investment he may have made is what concerns me. That is what I call the me generation.

Your comparison doesn't make much sense because in your example, my parents HAVE to move to a different house; this gentleman is not being kicked out of Memorial Stadium, he is just being asked to move to a different location.

Also, you seem to be pinning this decision on "my" generation. Last time I checked, T.O. (the person actually making the decision) was not in his 20s, and therefore, not part of "my" generation.

Again, I don't think the University is dismissing his fanhood or anything else by asking him to move. Being a huge fan of the program and most likely wanting what's best for the program, I would think he would be okay with this. I guess not. But he just mentions how much he has given to the program and feels that for this reason where he sits is more important than the big picture (the program's success).

Very few of the students at Nebrask are life long fans that support the University is my guess. I have relation that do not participate in donations/support and trust me some could donate a lot of money there and it would not hurt them. You are either a life long fan or just a fan for the time being. Most of you guys will fit into the life long fan category I would imagine, but most of the students are not.

So alienating the student fans the University does have is the way to go? I don't get it, please explain to me how that makes sense. Since, in your opinion, many of them are not life long fans, why not get rid of the student section completely and let some of the "real" fans who donate money and purchase regular priced tickets move into their seats?

Based on what you have said, your definition of a fan is one who gives alot of money to the program and then expects something in return. I disagree.

I said we need all fans. The students could not fill the stadium

I was responding to another post that said I wanted everything. I have given to this country and this state for a long long time. I ask nothing for it was my comment. I want nothing from any of you other than the Nebraska tradition of respecting other people.

I said nothing in disagreement with the upgrade, I said the me generation thinks this guys has too much.

He has put a lot of money into this program, been a fan for a long time and a student. Respecting loyalty was what my coments are all about. Not the money he has put in. Basically losing the corp of what I was taught as a young kid growing up in Nebraska. I see it everywhere, I just did not think it would happen there.

You seem to forget that with out all those blue hairs there is no university. They built it. Attended as students, gave to the program when it was not winning, when it was not the major thing in town. Sent their sons and daughters, nieces and nephews to Nebraska, basically paying the bills. I know now days a lot of kids fund their educations, but in the past the family had more to do with it. Not all got a free ride, and a lot had to work too, but this to some is a family tradition. It is in our family.

Thinking that if you are certain age, you are less a fan will pass. If you took the studends out the stadium, it could most likely be filled instantly, but if you take all that are not students out of the stadium, it would never be filled. As stated we need all fans, the students, the blue hairs and those in between. And we need to learn to respect each and everyone of them. That is something that on this board I hear very little of. Those are my corps complaints.

No fan, young or old, setting or standing is better than the other. If you are there, you love the program, the only difference is some have been doing it a lot longer than others. That in itsself should bring respect, but it seems to bring resentment. And that is pathetic. Because the clock continuse to move and those young screaming fans will be reduced to the ones that can not scream, nor can they stand, but they still want to support the team they love. Its coming for all of you.

I said we need all fans. The students could not fill the stadium

I was responding to another post that said I wanted everything. I have given to this country and this state for a long long time. I ask nothing for it was my comment. I want nothing from any of you other than the Nebraska tradition of respecting other people.

I said nothing in disagreement with the upgrade, I said the me generation thinks this guys has too much.

He has put a lot of money into this program, been a fan for a long time and a student. Respecting loyalty was what my coments are all about. Not the money he has put in. Basically losing the corp of what I was taught as a young kid growing up in Nebraska. I see it everywhere, I just did not think it would happen there.

You seem to forget that with out all those blue hairs there is no university. They built it. Attended as students, gave to the program when it was not winning, when it was not the major thing in town. Sent their sons and daughters, nieces and nephews to Nebraska, basically paying the bills. I know now days a lot of kids fund their educations, but in the past the family had more to do with it. Not all got a free ride, and a lot had to work too, but this to some is a family tradition. It is in our family.

Thinking that if you are certain age, you are less a fan will pass. If you took the studends out the stadium, it could most likely be filled instantly, but if you take all that are not students out of the stadium, it would never be filled. As stated we need all fans, the students, the blue hairs and those in between. And we need to learn to respect each and everyone of them. That is something that on this board I hear very little of. Those are my corps complaints.

No fan, young or old, setting or standing is better than the other. If you are there, you love the program, the only difference is some have been doing it a lot longer than others. That in itsself should bring respect, but it seems to bring resentment. And that is pathetic. Because the clock continuse to move and those young screaming fans will be reduced to the ones that can not scream, nor can they stand, but they still want to support the team they love. Its coming for all of you.

All good points but you are asking for something. You stated it yourself. You are asking for respect. Respect is fine and is reasonably given for the most part. One can disagree with anothers view point with out being disrespectful. It is my opinion that the university is not disrespecting this individual. Out of respect for him he was grandfathered once and given a pretty significant break. The question is where should it stop. Unfortuneately times have changed. It gets more expensive each and every year to put the football team on the field, maintain the facilities, pay coaches, travel, equipment and lets not forget the ever popular training table. It all costs money.

It's not intended to disrespect long time fans and supporters it's intended to keep the program moving forward. It sucks, it's unfortunate but it just may be the best thing for the program. Where do you stop. Do you never raise ticket prices once someone has tickets? In essence that is what has happened. His ticket prices have gone up, he can't afford them so they have given him a choice of other seats that he can afford.

Do we set ticket prices based on when one first becomes a season ticket holder and not raise them again until that person declines the tickets or fails to renew them?

Do we set ticket prices and only raise them as the cost of living goes up? This keeps what you've got if you are lucky but will never get you any improvement.

Do we trust that TO has the best interests of most Nebraskans, the University and the athletic department in mind? Personlly I trust the guy to do the right thing and will do so until he proves me wrong. Even then he's done enough right I might let one or two slide a little.

The football program isn't here for the seaons ticket holders alone, not just for the doners or the students or even the atheletes. The program is here for all fans young and old, in state and out of state. The program is even here for non football fans. I supports other athletics, molds young men to be leaders in society, to give them a chance at an education. The program is here for many and not just long time ticket holders and long time doners. Now I'm rambling

"Kutz was also given an option of relocating to "other seats in the stadium.""

Boo freakin' hoo. This is the dumbest, dumbest story I've read in a long time. I can't even feel the smallest bit of sympathy for him and his plight. Yes, a plight that might require him to remember a new gate number. I understand feeling a bit nostalgic about a particular spot, a specific seat, and the people he's come to know in that section over the years, but that's it. I don't see how this warrants a paragraph or even the slightest bit if recognition. I see a guy who gripes like this and wonder how many fans he's told to, "Sit down!"

More me generation comments.

This program and its fans are headed down the tube.

It is beginning to sicken me listening to some of you.

50 years, donated, paid and came to every game. Yea flush it down the drain as he has other tickets. Or he can just move. Tom wants more money, you whine when the students get moved because of their obnoxious behavior, but some one who has paid the bills for years he is fair game.

Pathetic.

Wait, who is part of the Me Generation? People who say that he should move or the guy who wants his blankey specific seats and won't move to a different part of the same stadium to help the program generate revenue? My god, they aren't throwing him into the streets.

Personally, I think that the whole system should be changed.

For safety reasons.

What if there was an emergency where everybody had to evacuate. If we have to sit there and wait for a bunch of blue-hairs to evacuate first then we are all screwed.

Ya know what thought....this isnt even a joke. If there were an emergency at the stadium (God forbid) alot of people, myself included, would be fd simply by the fact there aren't gates in a relatively close location. Blue hairs, purple hairs, no hairs doesnt matter as thats a lot of people to move through some gates that are not in the best of locations.

This is about the ability to grow and change with the times to assure that we can be successful in the future. At the same time, not forgetting our past and those that have given us the opportunity. We need to respect both in my estimation! Nebraska is special because of both!!! Let us not forget this!

TO will always have the best interests of Husker Nation in mind. You have to remember that any decision that effects Memorial Stadium is going to make some happy and some not!