Andy Christensen

I'm not here to argue with you huskertrucker, I'm just going on what I have read in the paper, and the police report that was shown on the news, and there is nothing in it about over powering her. If there was something about over powering I would not think it was fishy that he could have fondled or inserted. I'm just going off what can be read, and what can be read is one side of the story.

If he did what she said he did, throw the book at him. But to me quite a few things are fishy, and possibly will come out when Andy has his day in court.

Fishy:

1. How do you have time to fondle and insert before she jumps away. (Panties or no panties)

2. How do they prove insertion? (unless there is DNA, and then it goes directly to my first sentence)

3. Why is the bond set at such an outragous number? (is it because her mom is a Judge?)

4. Why wasn't he charged yesterday? (not enough evidence yet? they know they don't have enough evidence?, waiting for more evidence?)

5. It still bugs me that you can call the cops at 12:32 am, and arrest someone at 1:00 am on charges this serous without investigating.

I'm sure most of you will attack me for this, but something doesn't seem right to me.

Like I said if he did what she said he did, he's in a world of trouble and should be.

They could have swabbed his hand at the scene or in jail...that would have been the fishy part in my mind. He is quite a bit bigger than she is, so it wouldn't have taken much to overpower her and slip his hand up there real quick (his is an lineman, they are supposed to have quick hands and feet - remember?). Bond was probably so high because he tried to kick the butts of not one, but six cops, and the judge read in court yesterday a detailed account of that part of the police report when she set the bond. He wasn't charged yet because they want to either take it to a grand jury, where only the prosecution has an advantage of keeping everything secret until trial, or they just want to make sure that they get all the charges right the first time. I would be totally upset if you couldn't call the cops on something this serious and he was still walking....but then I have daughters. I guess you would just let a rapist go, too, until you could take him to court? Don't think so.

I am not attacking you, but the cops, and really the judge, did what they are supposed to do. He is lucky he didn't get shot if he went after the cops like they are saying he did...or at least tazzered. In my mind, the criminals have too many rights, and I am glad that they are taking this matter seriously, because it is a very serious matter. This wasn't just a prank, this was a felony. I am sure if this was your daughter you would feel a whole lot differently about it. I don't care who you are, you don't take those kind of liberties with a young lady, no matter who she is either - whether her mom is a judge or the janitor....or even if she was a stripper. Everyone has rights.

Yes they do, including the accused. Give him his day in court. Innocent until proven guilty.

Let's not forget the Duke Lacrosse team here. If he did it hang'm but maybe we should wait until things unfold a little more.

If I was drunk and accused of something like that and I didn't do I'd be fighting mad by the time the cops got there. Yes, I'd be wrong but I'd still probably be fighting mad. If I was drunk and had done what he's accuse of well I'd be fighting scared by the time the cops got there and I'd still be wrong.

I guess my point is that Bo has done the right thing and we must wait to find out what the court determines before we crucify him. I'd hate it if this turned out to be another Duke type incident but I hate it even more if it is true.

I really believe there was other witnesses that collaborated her story...and she was probably a little upset, so the cops were called...and they had enough on him to arrest him. I don't think if this was a "he said - she said" deal that he would have been arrested on the spot...then maybe he would have so that they would have been on the safe side, not sure on that one.

I have thought about it too, and yeah, I would be scared of going to jail for a long time. But I also know enough about the show "Cops" to know that no matter how many of them you fight off, they are going to bring more in, and you are going to be arrested - I would make it a whole lot easier on myself if I just let them arrest me and let my attorney do his job.

If I had done it, and was caught dead to right...I would have still went willingly to try and make it easier on myself and my lawyer when it came time to plea. Either way he was wrong.

I am sure his world is crashing in on him right now. I feel bad for him. But I also feel bad for the girl that he assaulted (if in fact he did). It will all come out in the wash, and justice will be done. We have a pretty good legal system, not perfect, but pretty good. I say give it a chance.

As far as him being suspended from the team...I would have done what Bo did...take quick action to protect the integrity of the team...then I would have a team meeting, not discuss the details that I knew of this case, but lay down the law and tell everyone on the team that their scholarship can be pulled in a blink of an eye if they don't want to come in and take care of the business they got it for - and that this includes protecting the name of the university (not acting like 13 year olds that can't handle it).

If he did what she said he did, throw the book at him. But to me quite a few things are fishy, and possibly will come out when Andy has his day in court.

Fishy:

1. How do you have time to fondle and insert before she jumps away. (Panties or no panties)

2. How do they prove insertion? (unless there is DNA, and then it goes directly to my first sentence)

3. Why is the bond set at such an outragous number? (is it because her mom is a Judge?)

4. Why wasn't he charged yesterday? (not enough evidence yet? they know they don't have enough evidence?, waiting for more evidence?)

5. It still bugs me that you can call the cops at 12:32 am, and arrest someone at 1:00 am on charges this serous without investigating.

I'm sure most of you will attack me for this, but something doesn't seem right to me.

Like I said if he did what she said he did, he's in a world of trouble and should be.

They could have swabbed his hand at the scene or in jail...that would have been the fishy part in my mind. He is quite a bit bigger than she is, so it wouldn't have taken much to overpower her and slip his hand up there real quick (his is an lineman, they are supposed to have quick hands and feet - remember?). Bond was probably so high because he tried to kick the butts of not one, but six cops, and the judge read in court yesterday a detailed account of that part of the police report when she set the bond. He wasn't charged yet because they want to either take it to a grand jury, where only the prosecution has an advantage of keeping everything secret until trial, or they just want to make sure that they get all the charges right the first time. I would be totally upset if you couldn't call the cops on something this serious and he was still walking....but then I have daughters. I guess you would just let a rapist go, too, until you could take him to court? Don't think so.

I am not attacking you, but the cops, and really the judge, did what they are supposed to do. He is lucky he didn't get shot if he went after the cops like they are saying he did...or at least tazzered. In my mind, the criminals have too many rights, and I am glad that they are taking this matter seriously, because it is a very serious matter. This wasn't just a prank, this was a felony. I am sure if this was your daughter you would feel a whole lot differently about it. I don't care who you are, you don't take those kind of liberties with a young lady, no matter who she is either - whether her mom is a judge or the janitor....or even if she was a stripper. Everyone has rights.

You both have valid points. His actions were flawed all around and he should sit in jail and reflect on where stupidity can get you.

I'm not here to argue with you huskertrucker, I'm just going on what I have read in the paper, and the police report that was shown on the news, and there is nothing in it about over powering her. If there was something about over powering I would not think it was fishy that he could have fondled or inserted. I'm just going off what can be read, and what can be read is one side of the story.

You could be right, but as big as he is, it probably wouldn't have taken much....then he could have just taken her by total surprise, which I am sure she was in disbelief that someone actually was doing that. I am on the road, so I am going by what I am reading...sometimes that isn't the best means of communication...

My suspicion is that he did something to fondle her, etc., but under the circumstances penetration seems a little hard to believe or prove (as other posters have pointed out). I very much doubt he'll ever be convicted of first degree sexual assault. Anyway, I believe in the presumption of innocence, so I will withhold judgment until the process determines what he is guilty of, if anything. With that said, I still believe that Pelini did the right thing in suspending him indefinitely. Just because there is the presumption of innocence doesn't mean he has the right to be on the team if charged with a crime this serious....

My suspicion is that he did something to fondle her, etc., but under the circumstances penetration seems a little hard to believe or prove (as other posters have pointed out). I very much doubt he'll ever be convicted of first degree sexual assault. Anyway, I believe in the presumption of innocence, so I will withhold judgment until the process determines what he is guilty of, if anything. With that said, I still believe that Pelini did the right thing in suspending him indefinitely. Just because there is the presumption of innocence doesn't mean he has the right to be on the team if charged with a crime this serious....

I am wondering if they aren't talking 1st degree sexual assault thinking that they will plea it down to 2d degree...but then we don't know what evidence of penetration there really is at this point, unless he said he did it thinking he could just blow it off as a prank and nothing serious. I know the cops will start talking to you like they understand your side, then when you say something to convict yourself it gets ugly sometimes.

I'm pretty amazed at how graphic this thread has gotten both in the actual account and some of the poor humor.

He's a big boy and he assaulted a girl. Figuring out how isn't that difficult.

I heard someone say that people have a hard on for players. Maybe some do. I think D1 athletes all over the country get away with stuff the rest of us would get nailed for. Gladiator syndrome. We want these people to be heros but really they are just a bunch of GIGANTIC kids who get favorable treatment. Some of them go to far.

Christensen’s case pushed back

By The Associated Press

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 - 03:04:57 pm CDT

Nebraska football player Andy Christensen remains in jail after the judge in his case recused herself and his attorney withdrew.

Christensen had been scheduled for arraignment Tuesday after being arrested on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault. Now he’ll go to court Thursday.

Judge Mary Doyle recused herself without giving a reason in court. Defense attorney Brad Roth said outside the courtroom that Doyle is acquainted with the alleged victim.

Roth also withdrew from the case, but he declined say why publicly.

Robert Creager is Christensen’s new attorney.

The alleged victim's mom being a judge has no effect on the case?

Ask the kid that gets to spend two more days in jail.

IMO it will be good for him to see the walls of the jail for a couple more days. Maybe then he will realize this is some serious sh*t he is involved in.

I wouldn't be surprised if they change venue, with him being so well known here.

And in which Nebraska county do you suggest he will be substantially less well known? ;)

Must be more to the story. You don't get bail set at a half mil for grabbing some girls butt

I'd like to know where people are thinking he just touched a girls butt.

It isn't hard to figure out what he did to garner a possible felony against him when they said he "reached up the girls skirt."

I fault the public school's sex education program.