Starting quarterback???

Starting Quarterback  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Never said it wasn't Ganz's job to lose but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if somebody else starts this year. He does have the experience yes, but I think there are some others that have more talent. Ganz is a MEDIOCRE quarterback. As I said, He put up good numbers vs MEDIOCRE defenses. No mater what you say Kansas's defense was very mediocre. They did not play very many great offenses over the course of last year. I'll give Ganz more credit if he comes out and puts up the numbers that he did last year, which I find highly unlikely.

i have to disagree with you. look at ganzs numbers compared to other big 12 qbs against those same teams and no qb matched those numbers and he played against them at the end of the year when they should have been better than they were at the beginning of the year. so explain to me how a heisman runner up, for instance, did not get as good of numbers as ganz against the same team earlier in the year.

no offense but to me it sounds like you are down on ganz because he wasnt highly touted out of high school, but that is the wrong way to look at it if that is what you are really thinking. you really have to put stats in the right way and you are looking at the wrong stats. :box

Nope, You got me wrong. I could give a damn less how a QB is projected out of HS. I tihnk the main reason he might have put up bigger numbers is becuase teams were not ready for him. They practiced and watched tape on an immobile pocket QB. When they had to face a more mobile guy that they couldn't pressure as well as they thought then they got burned. Not to mention, You realize we were down and throwing 90% of the game in most of those games right? No other team in the Big12 had to keep throwing to consistantly stay in a football game.

All I am saying is watch next year, Ganz won't put up any numbers like that again. Mark my work.

Wouldn't that make the numbers look better since the other team knew what was coming? as for marking your word, sure i'll do it, but like like landlord said, it will probably be because of the increase of the running game not that he can't do it. People forget that it was HIS FIRST START, and given the circumstances he did one hell of a f'ing job. It's his to lose, and i have full confidence in his abilities...or for some people lack threreof

I don't have any doubts on whoever comes in and starts will do a fine job at being QB, I just hate when people sit back and look entirely on Ganz's stats and think he is god. He came in, and threw 90% of the time, and no matter how good of a defense you got when a QB throws 90% of the time he WILL put up big numbers. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in him if it is him who starts but don't come out and say just because he put up big numbers in the last 3-4 games against mediocre defenses thehn that means nobody has a right or the ability to dethrone him as a starter.

MEDIOCRE defenses??? sounds to me like to just like saying the word mediocre, because kansas's D was NOT mediocre! Two of their starting D-backs had 5 ints, they gave up only 213 points all season (oklahoma gave up 283 and they have a stout defense) and not to mention wasnt their defense ranked #2 nationally in scoring defense?? So, do tell me what is so mediocre about kansas's D???? They watched film on an immobile QB so they were'nt ready for him?? Are you dillusional??? Give me a break. If i can quote Dan Hawkins for a sec this is the big 12 its not intramurals!!!

. I guess I have to pull out stats for you.

9/01 Central Michigan W 52-7 8-6 #20 scoring #8 total

9/08 Southeastern Louisiana W 62-0 3-8 #68 scoring #86 total

9/15 Toledo W 45-13 5-7 #32 scoring #40 total

9/22 Florida International W 55-3 1-11 #120 scoring #119 total

10/06 @ Kansas State W 30-24 5-7 #19 scoring #57 total

10/13 Baylor 6-0 (2-0) W 58-10 3-9 #113 scoring #93 total

10/20 @ Colorado W 19-14 6-7 #63 scoring #62 total

10/27 @ Texas A&M W 19-11 7-6 #58 scoring #48 total

11/03 Nebraska W 76-39 5-7 #28 scoring #31 total

11/10 @ Oklahoma State W 43-28 7-6 #22 scoring #6 total

11/17 Iowa State W 45-7 3-9 #112 Scoring #103 total

11/24 Missouri L 36-28 12-2 #8 scoring #3 total

1/03 @ Virginia Tech W 24-21 11-3 #54 scoring #78 total yards

First number is their ranking in scoring offense. Second number is their ranking in total offensive yards.

As you can see, Kansas dominated the ones that they should have and didnt do quite so well in contests where the other team had a decent enough offense. You are basing your opinion of Kansas' defense purely on the fact that they held teams to little points. Give me a break, Nebraska could have held southeastern la to a goose egg. Kansas defense was NOT great, it was a middle of the line defense, just because they kept some sh**ty teams to few points does not make them great.

Wow!! Roid rage?? Ease up on the hostility brotha. Can you honestly say that kansas had a poor defense?? They went to the ORANGE BOWL (A BCS bowl) and defense played a huge part in their win over Virgina Tech (ACC Champs). Kansas had 3 ints, one of which was returned 60 yds for a score. Their defense only gave up 14 points to Va Tech because they scored on special teams once. Va Tech was 41% on third down(7 of 17) and they completed 14 of 31 passes (less than 50%...not good) and Va Tech was sacked FIVE times losing 32 yards in all. DEFENSE won the orange bowl. Kansas does NOT have a mediocre defense, and Ganz is NOT a mediocre QB!

Never said it wasn't Ganz's job to lose but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if somebody else starts this year. He does have the experience yes, but I think there are some others that have more talent. Ganz is a MEDIOCRE quarterback. As I said, He put up good numbers vs MEDIOCRE defenses. No mater what you say Kansas's defense was very mediocre. They did not play very many great offenses over the course of last year. I'll give Ganz more credit if he comes out and puts up the numbers that he did last year, which I find highly unlikely.

i have to disagree with you. look at ganzs numbers compared to other big 12 qbs against those same teams and no qb matched those numbers and he played against them at the end of the year when they should have been better than they were at the beginning of the year. so explain to me how a heisman runner up, for instance, did not get as good of numbers as ganz against the same team earlier in the year.

no offense but to me it sounds like you are down on ganz because he wasnt highly touted out of high school, but that is the wrong way to look at it if that is what you are really thinking. you really have to put stats in the right way and you are looking at the wrong stats. :box

Nope, You got me wrong. I could give a damn less how a QB is projected out of HS. I tihnk the main reason he might have put up bigger numbers is becuase teams were not ready for him. They practiced and watched tape on an immobile pocket QB. When they had to face a more mobile guy that they couldn't pressure as well as they thought then they got burned. Not to mention, You realize we were down and throwing 90% of the game in most of those games right? No other team in the Big12 had to keep throwing to consistantly stay in a football game.

All I am saying is watch next year, Ganz won't put up any numbers like that again. Mark my work.

Wouldn't that make the numbers look better since the other team knew what was coming? as for marking your word, sure i'll do it, but like like landlord said, it will probably be because of the increase of the running game not that he can't do it. People forget that it was HIS FIRST START, and given the circumstances he did one hell of a f'ing job. It's his to lose, and i have full confidence in his abilities...or for some people lack threreof

I don't have any doubts on whoever comes in and starts will do a fine job at being QB, I just hate when people sit back and look entirely on Ganz's stats and think he is god. He came in, and threw 90% of the time, and no matter how good of a defense you got when a QB throws 90% of the time he WILL put up big numbers. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in him if it is him who starts but don't come out and say just because he put up big numbers in the last 3-4 games against mediocre defenses thehn that means nobody has a right or the ability to dethrone him as a starter.

MEDIOCRE defenses??? sounds to me like to just like saying the word mediocre, because kansas's D was NOT mediocre! Two of their starting D-backs had 5 ints, they gave up only 213 points all season (oklahoma gave up 283 and they have a stout defense) and not to mention wasnt their defense ranked #2 nationally in scoring defense?? So, do tell me what is so mediocre about kansas's D???? They watched film on an immobile QB so they were'nt ready for him?? Are you dillusional??? Give me a break. If i can quote Dan Hawkins for a sec this is the big 12 its not intramurals!!!

Ok Retard. I guess I have to pull out stats for you.

First number is their ranking in scoring offense. Second number is their ranking in total offensive yards.

As you can see, Kansas dominated the ones that they should have and didnt do quite so well in contests where the other team had a decent enough offense. You are basing your opinion of Kansas' defense purely on the fact that they held teams to little points. Give me a break, Nebraska could have held southeastern la to a goose egg. Kansas defense was NOT great, it was a middle of the line defense, just because they kept some sh**ty teams to few points does not make them great. Pull your head from your ass and see the big picture retard.

Wow!! Roid rage?? Ease up on the hostility brotha. Can you honestly say that kansas had a poor defense?? They went to the ORANGE BOWL (A BCS bowl) and defense played a huge part in their win over Virgina Tech (ACC Champs). Kansas had 3 ints, one of which was returned 60 yds for a score. Their defense only gave up 14 points to Va Tech because they scored on special teams once. Va Tech was 41% on third down(7 of 17) and they completed 14 of 31 passes (less than 50%...not good) and Va Tech was sacked FIVE times losing 32 yards in all. DEFENSE won the orange bowl. Kansas does NOT have a mediocre defense, and Ganz is NOT a mediocre QB!

Sigh, I never said Kansas had a poor defense but they did not have a great defense. Yes, they beat VT, but did you watch VT all year long, they had a piss poor offense last year, the only reason they got as far as they did was because of a good defense. If you want to see a great defense then take a look at LSU/OSU. THOSE were great defenses, you have to take into effect WHO teams play and not JUST the final scores and stats. If by your standards then I would say BYU had a GREAT defense because hell, they posted better numbers than Kansas did! Kansas did not play that many great offenses, yes they put up good numbers vs VT but c'mon man, Look at Virginia Tech, they had a horrid offense all year long.

Team Plays Yards Yds/Play Yds/G

7. Brigham Young 801 3686 4.6 283.5

9. Kansas 856 3819 4.5 293.8

As you can see, Kansas dominated the ones that they should have and didnt do quite so well in contests where the other team had a decent enough offense. You are basing your opinion of Kansas' defense purely on the fact that they held teams to little points. Give me a break, Nebraska could have held southeastern la to a goose egg. Kansas defense was NOT great, it was a middle of the line defense, just because they kept some sh**ty teams to few points does not make them great. Pull your head from your ass and see the big picture retard.

"trouble's" account has been suspended for seven (7) days due to the personal attack above. This was his second violation. A third results in a permanent ban.

Folks, we've said it time and again - no personal attacks. Attack the post, not the poster. If you can't do that, find another board.

When you have someone like Witt coming in here, then sitting on the bench watching Zac, then having Keller coming in, now possibly watching Ganz for a year...

a)do you get frustrated and start maybe looking to transfer somewhere you can play?

b)should we maybe take a Texas or Oklahoma approach and throw a freshman into the fire and get him the experience, having faith that we recruited one of the best?

It has to be frustrating to come in and play behind all these guys. And I really have to wonder how many reps and how rusty someone like that is getting while he is sitting watching everyone else play. The only good part for the kid is he is getting a free education, but he will maybe never find out how good he could have been if he would have gotten to play. A top 10 QB recruit don't do you any good at all if he never plays. And it kind of hurts recruiting when you go to recruit your next top 10 QB recruit if he is looking at the last one thinking "Gee, they never even played him, just kept him on the shelf - will they do that to me, too?"

Witt wasn't a highly rated QB recruit. He was a middle of the road 3* QB who only got his name out there from teams watching him throw in practice, not for his on field performances.

Witt played in a run heavy offense until his senior year, so he basically had little understanding of the QB position. He knew he had to RS to learn the QB position and he still knows he has a ways to go to get where he needs to be.

"trouble's" account has been suspended for seven (7) days due to the personal attack above. This was his second violation. A third results in a permanent ban.

Folks, we've said it time and again - no personal attacks. Attack the post, not the poster. If you can't do that, find another board.

:corndance You da man!! :corndance Been watching Bo's "No tolerance, huh? :clap

trouble = tent stake

...and I believe the post above was written by a power hungry, meglomaniac who finds a sadistic pleasure in banning accounts...*

*this is in no way an indicment or personal attack on the poster of course.... ;)

From the shadows of his control center, AR Husker Fan accesses the top-secret Board software. He glances back at the board, and notes the name "Cy" while bringing up the Ban command. A demented giggle escapes his lips as he reaches for his mouse...

trouble = tent stake

...and I believe the post above was written by a power hungry, meglomaniac who finds a sadistic pleasure in banning accounts...*

*this is in no way an indicment or personal attack on the poster of course.... ;)

From the shadows of his control center, AR Husker Fan accesses the top-secret Board software. He glances back at the board, and notes the name "Cy" while bringing up the Ban command. A demented giggle escapes his lips as he reaches for his mouse...

:clap too too funny..... :clap